We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles

Go down 
+6
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
gjones
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
10 posters
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles Empty
PostSubject: Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles   Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles EmptyFri 19 Mar 2021 - 15:55

Bet you didn't expect to be clicking on this link, did you?

Yeah, it took Balladeer very kindly offering to host to get me off my lazy backside and record another one of these. I had a really fun time being in the guest's chair though and I think Balla did a great job at hosting, so thank you again for doing that for me Balla!

I'd be interested to see what you guys reckon my five games are prior to listening!

Also, I mentioned this at the end of the episode, but if anybody has any ideas for non-Versus Mode podcasts they'd either like to hear or record, put those ideas out there and we'll get brainstorming.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles   Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles EmptyFri 19 Mar 2021 - 18:22

Ooh this was mentioned a few weeks ago whether anyone would be doing another soon, I look forward to listening.

As for your games I'm gonna guess
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles   Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles EmptySat 20 Mar 2021 - 20:37

Enjoyed listening to this, lads. Now going back to check out previous episodes Smile
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles   Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles EmptySun 21 Mar 2021 - 15:12

Interesting guesses, Smurf...

And cheers for listening, gjones! The previous episodes are all fantastic, so highly recommend going back and checking those out.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles   Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles EmptyMon 22 Mar 2021 - 10:03

Listened to this today. It was weird when Smash Bros came up while I was on a train playing Smash Bros!

I don't understand why I was called out when you said Odyssey was better than 3D World? Like yeah, I think 3DW is great, but it doesn't come close to Galaxy or Odyssey . . .

Oh, and when it comes to Steam games, I think 200 is a pretty reasonable number. You normie.

And it ocurred to me that we don't even need a mad plot for why we need to save games, the industry has shown it doesn't give a shit about preservation.

At the point when you asked for predictions, I thought TWEWY ('natch) and actually, I thought you might have a Halo! Just based on the earlier section when Jay talked gaming history.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles   Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles EmptyMon 22 Mar 2021 - 12:54

I'll listen to this later, but I'd be keen to hear more of these Versus Mode recordings from other regular forum users, like gjones, Rum, OrangeRakoon and Kriken. It would keep things fresh to hear off of folk who don't usually appear on Gintendo's videos and podcasts.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles   Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles EmptyMon 22 Mar 2021 - 20:15

Thoughts:

As for other podcast ideas, only things that spring to mind at the minute is retrospective stuff, looking back on certain consoles and perhaps given where we are the minute, favourite games from last gen/decade. Would definitely love to hear/be a part of more Gracklcasts that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles   Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles EmptyMon 22 Mar 2021 - 21:42

Pleasure doing this with Jay, hope it turned out well! I still need to give it a listen, however self-indulgent that might be.

That Peppa Pig thing is the most dadly remark I've seen on this forum. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles   Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles EmptyTue 23 Mar 2021 - 12:41

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I'll listen to this later, but I'd be keen to hear more of these Versus Mode recordings from other regular forum users, like gjones, Rum, OrangeRakoon and Kriken. It would keep things fresh to hear off of folk who don't usually appear on Gintendo's videos and podcasts.

I'd be up for this. Never done a podcast before though so would need guidance (the old fool that I am). After listening to Mas' episode I've realised that uncles have shaped my gaming too!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles   Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles EmptyTue 23 Mar 2021 - 20:07

I think it's just a general rule that everyone has a cool uncle that plays games.

Balladeer wrote:
That Peppa Pig thing is the most dadly remark I've seen on this forum. Laughing

My mind went there almost instantly and I was genuinely pleased to be right when I looked it up, the guy has quite the pedigree in gaming to be fair.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles   Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles EmptyMon 5 Apr 2021 - 0:04

Buskalilly wrote:

I don't understand why I was called out when you said Odyssey was better than 3D World? Like yeah, I think 3DW is great, but it doesn't come close to Galaxy or Odyssey . . .

I think it was because I compaed Odyssey to 3DW by using review scores, which I know Lukeity Luke Luke loooooves.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

Aye, this was always the plan before 2020 ended up being a total shitemare for me in many ways. It was actually Balla who offered to get the cast rolling again with myself as a guest, and I figured that'd be the catalyst to get the casting rolling.

gjones: I'll drop you a PM if you fancy guesting on one of these sometime soon still!

Treesmurf wrote:

As for other podcast ideas, only things that spring to mind at the minute is retrospective stuff, looking back on certain consoles and perhaps given where we are the minute, favourite games from last gen/decade. Would definitely love to hear/be a part of more Gracklcasts that's for sure.

Love those retrospective ideas looking back on particular consoles - I wouldn't want to take away from a solid thread idea though, but if folks think it would work better as a podcast then I'd be game.

I've got a Fantasy Critic podcast idea when we reach the halfway mark in June where I chat to each contestant individually for their thoughts on how they're doing so far and encourage some shit-talking. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles   Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles EmptyMon 5 Apr 2021 - 22:34

I like the sound of all those ideas. My podcast idea was for someone to hire famous narrators to read out my N64 reviews from last year. I really feel that Jeremy Irons could really express the true essence of how I feel about Waialae Country Club: True Golf Classics.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles   Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles EmptyMon 5 Apr 2021 - 23:03

You're in luck - I've got Attenborough lined up for the next Gracklecast.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles   Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles EmptyTue 6 Apr 2021 - 1:27

Muss does a pretty good Christopher Lee.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles   Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles EmptyThu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:51

I'm very sorry haven't listened to the cast for a while but I'd be up for console chat as I can be face or heel and talking about how Fantasian was a great pick which Jay when he has to manually give me points gives me 98 instead of 88.

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 22:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles   Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles EmptyThu 8 Apr 2021 - 22:24

masofdas wrote:
as I can be face or heel and talking about how Fantasian was a great pick which Jay when he has to manually give me points gives me 98 instead of 88.

Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles JswY
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles   Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles EmptyThu 8 Apr 2021 - 23:57

Mas, I think you already cemented your status as GNamer's F tier heel a long time ago & I don't think your recent "year of switch" tagline is the face turn you'd thought it would be. Razz
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles   Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles EmptyFri 9 Apr 2021 - 0:38

I'm going for the NXT Bo Dallas

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 9 Apr 2021 - 15:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles   Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles EmptyFri 9 Apr 2021 - 14:28

JayMoyles wrote:

gjones: I'll drop you a PM if you fancy guesting on one of these sometime soon still!

Thumbs Up!

Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles   Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles EmptyFri 9 Apr 2021 - 17:32

I might be up for a guest spot too, although I have (shamefully) not listened to one as of yet so I may be appalled by your lines of questioning.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles   Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles EmptyFri 9 Apr 2021 - 19:28

I shamefully hadn't actually listened to any of these before and somehow always missed clicking onto the podcast subforum.

I gave this a listen today and I think you both did a good job, it's a nice format. I knew TWEWY would make the cut but it was nice hearing the left of field picks as well. Dungeon Keeper isn't a game I ever got to try but I do love stuff like that, those sorts of strategy games that don't take themselves too seriously and have a lot of character. Tropico 3 springs to mind as a game like that.

I never really played Halo 3 all that much but I can definitely understand those online moments because I have similar tales from Halo 4, which is a game I played a lot when I lived in the US. I have a distinct memory of my housemate methodically driving around the map while I took out a dozen or so guys with a mounted rail gun type weapon, which meant we got a victory over the other team by a point, storming back from a sizable deficit.

The Daddy pig trivia is quality knowledge to have picked up  Laughing

Buskalilly wrote:
Muss does a pretty good Christopher Lee.

Let's find out if I have the stamina to do it for a full cast at some point Laughing

I listened to the Drunka cast afterwards and it really brought back a lot of Ghost Squad/Resi Mercenaries memories. We're going to have to play those the next time we meet up  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles   Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles Empty

Back to top Go down

Gracklecast Episode Eleven: Versus Mode - JayMoyles
Page 1 of 1