We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!

Go down 
+17
ZeroSuitSamus2
Athrun888
nupkin
fronkhead
Silver light
2becomecarrion
Treesmurf
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
masofdas
Admin
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 7 EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 17:47

No, Jas. No it's not. Razz

And that's week 3! Close enough, anyway.

13 votes this week, up another one from last week! Thank you all, including the one person who only sent in dishonourable mentions. Here we go:

Fifth place:
Spoiler:

Fourth place:
Spoiler:

Third place:
Spoiler:

Second place:
Spoiler:

Our Wiikly Winner:
Spoiler:

Honourable Mentions:
Spoiler:

Dishonourable Mentions:
Spoiler:

And that's a wrap! Complain about the votes for Week 3, or how you don't have any votes for Week 4!

Last edited by Balladeer on Sat 11 May 2013 - 11:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 7 EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 17:56

Devastated Aww! Onslaught rated below Sin and Punishment and the terrible Wii version of Resi 4 Sad

Last edited by andyman949 on Sun 31 Mar 2013 - 17:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 7 EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 17:57

For a brief but glorious moment, I genuinely thought Chicken Shoot had won.

A good list despite Chicken Shoot being robbed. I've never played Sin and Punishment 2, but I thoroughly enjoyed the first so I suppose after GNamer's glowing recommendation I really ought to pick it up sometime.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 7 EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 18:31

Another entertaining week. It's particularly amusing that you just know whose statement is whose. Laughing

Now, I'm taking it that I probably should go and play Sin & Punishment 2, yes?
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 7 EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 18:37

I thought res 4 would win easily, who ever likes res 5 & 6 I'm sending nemesis round to sort you. I now need to look up this onslaught though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 7 EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 18:46

S&P2's amazing, Andy. Deal with it. Razz

Okay chaps, Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz. The others I'd definitely have put as puzzle or miscellaneous, but this puts more emphasis on its (pretty shoddy) minigames. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 7 EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 18:50

I've never played it, though it still has the full single-player campaign, does it not?
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 7 EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 21:39

I've not played it, but I've heard it's still got the full single-player campaign which isn't minigame oriented like the single player experiences of WarioWare or Mario Party.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 7 EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 21:45

Yeah it's a puzzler first.

Nothing wrong with Resi 5 and 6 masofdas Razz at least you don't have to point a hard enough to aim laser at the best of times constantly.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 7 EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 21:49

yo me there not resident evil games there generic 3rd person shooters with the resident evil name plastered all over it. so people actually buy them, I would sooner play resident evil 2 on the game.com then either of 5 or 6.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 7 EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 21:50

andyman949 wrote:
Yeah it's a puzzler first.

Grah, fine. Like MP3, the only real reason I'm trying to have it re-classed is because it pissed me right off. The story mode structure, and the bosses, and all that... I couldn't do the originals, but that was because they were hard, not just annoying. DAMN YOU! And the minigames were largely rubbish. Whatever, puzzler it is. (storms off in a huff)
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 7 EmptySun 31 Mar 2013 - 21:53

I rather enjoyed Banana Blitz back in the day, though it was my first Monkey Ball so if I went back to it now my memories may not be so fond.

I can't get in to the old resi's personally, 5 feels barely different to 4 to me and 6 is more like Dead Space, which I also like so that's fine by me. Wouldn't say they were generic though.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 7 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 0:08

I completely forgot I played Geometry Wars and Goldeneye, also Batallion Wars would have counted too, but anyway, wouldn't have made much difference to the rankings.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 7 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 1:18

So it isn't just me who plays "I wonder who said that?" Laughing not many of my picks made it, red steel 2 should've ousted the original in my opinion but I can see why some chose it.

@treesmurf
The cube version of BW is better.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 7 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 8:26

treesmurf11 wrote:
...also Batallion Wars would have counted too, but anyway, wouldn't have made much difference to the rankings.

I'd have put that under "other", because the one time I played it, it seemed more like an RTS. So there is still hope!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 7 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 10:25

treesmurf11 wrote:
I completely forgot I played Geometry Wars
Aw, me too! Otherwise I would've voted for that... or at least something, as opposed to just dishonorable mentions. Not that this was me Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 7 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 11:21

im going to contintue talking about resident evil, sorry guys. but 5 is nothing like 4, 4 is much slower and leans more towards the action adeventure genre (where it should of been not shooters) and 5 leans a lot towrads a TPS also one arguabally one of the greatest games of all time up there with ocarina, metal gear solid, mario 64 etc the other not a bad TPS but surely would be on most peoples list of most dissapointing sequals. i dont no how old you are @andyman949 but you not liking proper resident evils might be a age thing my 1st biohazard i played was the 1st on the saturn, i no my neighbour is 17 his 1dt resident evil was 5 and loved it, i leant him number 2 on ps1 and he hated, and was like how did they mange to get 5 games the 2nd was so crap who the hell bought it. and to be clear im a big resident evil fan ive played every single one nearly aprt from the racoon city one.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 7 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 12:12

Can I suggest a separate Resi thread? Especially[ if you're going to talk about games which have never appeared on a Nintendo format, let alone the Wii.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 7 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 12:38

Will do balla, actually a few big series haven't got there own topic ala final fantasy. Also the wii does have 5 resident evil game's on it and other Nintendo systems have had a few over the years.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 7 EmptyMon 1 Apr 2013 - 16:33

Red Steel in third. Bloody hell, lads.

~

Balladeer wrote:

Okay chaps, Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz. The others I'd definitely have put as puzzle or miscellaneous, but this puts more emphasis on its (pretty shoddy) minigames. Thoughts?

That's even crazier than having Red Steel third in a shooters list. Puzzle games test your reflexes, concentration and intelligence in a confined area, whereas Super Monkey Ball demands that you explore and conquer grand environments like a platformer. Banana Blitz, Step & Roll and the others share a lot of the same values as the likes of Galaxy, Sonic Colours and the rest. Puyo Puyo and Tetris are puzzlers, Super Monkey Ball - particularly Banana Blitz - isn't! I think we need to divide game genres with Wikipedia again, as we did a few weeks back.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 7 EmptyTue 2 Apr 2013 - 12:44

It's a double post, and I apologise for that, but this GameTrailers video might conjure up some conversation: it's a top ten countdown of the unsung heroes of Wii. Might give you a few ideas about voting in this thread:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/4o4kjn/gt-countdown-10-wii-underdogs-for-your-wii-u

Wii was brilliant, wasn't it?

~

(Ignore the 'Wii U has no games' mince at the start. If you've already completed Lego City Undercover as the video claims, then you should be put in jail for being sad).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 7 EmptyTue 2 Apr 2013 - 14:34

I can't look at videos at work: will check that out when I get home. But yes, yes it was. (GC was still better though. Bounce )

In the meantime, anyone else care to weigh in on SMB:BB for future weeks? I'll agree that a jump button moves it closer to platformer territory than its forebears. (I hated it, so I'm probably not the best person to judge.) Or alternatively, Punch Out! on the Wii - puzzle or sports? Wikipedia is irritatingly vague on both, sadly.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 7 EmptyTue 2 Apr 2013 - 15:04

I mean this in the nicest way, but...are you taking the mick? Punch-Out!! emphasises the beat 'em up genre for me; the point of the game is to defeat opponents while avoiding as much damage as you can. In ways, it's perhaps the most pure beat 'em up on Wii.

As for Monkey Ball: what else is it other than a platformer? Show me a puzzle in a Monkey Ball game. (Not that it matters that much anyway. It's a good game, but not really amongst the Wii's elite platformers, and likely doesn't stand a snowball's chance of a vote, let alone a top five placing).

~

I'm quite tempted to type out what I feel is a brief definition of each genre, but that would make me out to be an arse.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 7 EmptyTue 2 Apr 2013 - 15:07

Duh! Forgot about the entire genre. Beat-em-up it is.
Back to top Go down
2becomecarrion
Ejected into the Lava
2becomecarrion

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 7 EmptyTue 2 Apr 2013 - 16:03

Phillips wrote:
I mean this in the nicest way, but...are you taking the mick? Punch-Out!! emphasises the beat 'em up genre for me; the point of the game is to defeat opponents while avoiding as much damage as you can. In ways, it's perhaps the most pure beat 'em up on Wii.

Yes the more I think about it the less I can disagree.
It is quite clearly a beat'em up in the premise of a fantasy boxing league.
The attack pattersn etc you have to learn for each opponent are pretty similar to
all end of boss fights in other games.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!
Page 7 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 27  Next