We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!

Go down 
+17
ZeroSuitSamus2
Athrun888
nupkin
fronkhead
Silver light
2becomecarrion
Treesmurf
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
masofdas
Admin
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 24 EmptyThu 6 Jun 2013 - 2:18

Whilst I can't deny it was important it's nowhere near one of the best games. I wouldn't say it was an essential addition to every collection. If I had to pay for it I'd be dissapointed if I paid any more than a tenner. It was bettered by its sequel and with all the great games there are I don't think it belongs, just thinking of the poor games that will miss out on a place up high because of this makes me sad Aww!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 24 EmptyThu 6 Jun 2013 - 7:03

Wii Sports! Great game, although one I haven't played in a good long while. I can only echo what others have already said - it opened up gaming to a huge group of people and, arguably, gave the Wii the success it achieved.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 24 EmptyThu 6 Jun 2013 - 7:36

I'm with andyman on this one, its already ridiculous that it topped games like MP3/trilogy & monster hunter Tri ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!!! it didn't even ente my mind at all when making my top ten.

Poor show on the folks who voted for it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 24 EmptyThu 6 Jun 2013 - 8:45

I'm surprised by all the Wii Sports hate. I think it's been treated by the brush of everything that came after it- the Wii party, the carnival games and the Cammy Dunaway. When we first saw Wii Sports, and when we first played it, it was pure Nintendo magic.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 24 EmptyThu 6 Jun 2013 - 9:10

I don't hate it, but I wouldn't put it up with the top ten. It was magical at the time, but it's long since been surpassed - by its own sequel, apart from anything else.

Although I wish you wouldn't remind me about Cammie Dunnaway. No
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 24 EmptyThu 6 Jun 2013 - 10:15

I prefer Wii Party to Wii Sports, it wasn't quite Mario Party but the minigames and most of the maps are pretty good.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 24 EmptyThu 6 Jun 2013 - 10:16

Buskalilly with some sense talk here. Agreeing that it's probably the 'best' Wii game (as a demonstration of what they Wii could do and as an example of the sort of social gaming that most of us enjoyed with our Wii), and that - like treesmurf too - we all remember our first time playing it. It's pure nostalgia for me.

Dave's Hogmanay party 2006. Love
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 24 EmptyThu 6 Jun 2013 - 13:30

Yeah, I'd agree with that. There's nothing else on the system that better represents what a "Wii game" is, and did so successfully to boot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 24 EmptyThu 6 Jun 2013 - 15:32

There's no doubts it's a fun game & everyone has their great memories playing it with friends & family but top ten? No.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 24 EmptyThu 6 Jun 2013 - 17:48

Speaking of games everyone has memories of playing...

Seventh Place
Spoiler:

Last edited by Balladeer on Thu 6 Jun 2013 - 20:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 24 EmptyThu 6 Jun 2013 - 17:48

The_Jaster wrote:
...Top ten? No.

Well it is, and above the likes of Monster Hunter, Metroid and hundreds of others. Dance

~

As for seventh place, I'm the guy who has no memories of playing it, as I didn't: I picked it up for £4 and didn't touch it. Looks good, mind.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 24 EmptyThu 6 Jun 2013 - 18:21

two game's I voted for are in the top 10
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 24 EmptyThu 6 Jun 2013 - 18:42

It's a fair entry, a lovely game and the combat didn't bother me much, it was drawing circles. I am unable to draw circles on the DS (see my inability to play Pokemon Ranger) let alone with shaky hand pointer controls. I nearly managed to finish it on the PS3 due to being able to draw circles with an analogue stick but then Jess' PS3 did a memory wipe and my file was on there Duh!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 24 EmptyThu 6 Jun 2013 - 19:10

Phillips wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
...Top ten? No.

Well it is, and above the likes of Monster Hunter, Metroid and hundreds of others. Dance

~

As for seventh place, I'm the guy who has no memories of playing it, as I didn't: I picked it up for £4 and didn't touch it. Looks good, mind.

Cuckoo It's madness I tell you...... MADNESS! Cuckoo

Ahh Okami, great game that just didn't make my top ten.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 24 EmptyThu 6 Jun 2013 - 22:08

I don't remember if I voted for this but I do remember buying and living it. Nice little game, solid entry.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 24 EmptyFri 7 Jun 2013 - 7:00

Okami is a pretty sweet game. During the adventure week vote I described it as 'complete', and I stand by that - it had a very full world, with lots of stuff going on. I also felt that the combat was very repetitive and the way the pointer controls registered stank ("That was a straight [expletive deleted] line, you stupid game!" and similar rang out from my sofa on many occasions). It's my second most played Wii game (behind Twilight Princess, list fans!).
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 24 EmptyFri 7 Jun 2013 - 17:11

Played it on PS2 - never played it on Wii - so I've no idea if the controls/anything added to the game improve/take away from the Wii version. Deserved top 10, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 24 EmptyFri 7 Jun 2013 - 17:32

Ladies and gentlemen, please put your hands together for a very special guest...

Sixth Place
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 24 EmptyFri 7 Jun 2013 - 17:45

Expected that to place higher... are we in for some shock high entries?

Also, cracking spiel by Chris, he makes me doubt my own placing of the original SMG over the second.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 24 EmptyFri 7 Jun 2013 - 19:18

I'm pretty surprised myself, fantastic game and thanks to Chris for the guest comment, good stuff!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 24 EmptyFri 7 Jun 2013 - 20:48

SMG2 was my #1 vote - I recognise the split between the game and its predecessor, discussed a few times in this very forum (well, mostly its spiritual predecessor!). It'll be interesting to see if SMG places higher... anyway, another truly fine game. We were blessed with the Wii, weren't we? Especially if SMG2 isn't even a top five game! Shocked

Huge thanks to Chris for his contribution to our forum! :hug:
Back to top Go down
Chris Scullion
Ejected into the Lava
Chris Scullion

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 24 EmptyFri 7 Jun 2013 - 21:47

That bloody photo of me looking like a half-wit hippie is going to haunt me for the rest of my life Sulk
Back to top Go down
http://tiredoldhack.com
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 24 EmptySat 8 Jun 2013 - 11:23

Great contribution, Chris. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm just finishing up hoovering the bath. Grin

No problems with Okami making the list. It was a quality production, albeit one that was a bit too fussy and long-winded for my liking.

Dying to know what the top five are, now. There's no way Super Mario Galaxy isn't in there. It would take a form full of willy-heads to keep it out of the top five, wouldn't it? I'm also intrigued to note that several key games may have stolen Galaxy 2's thunder. Only on a Nintendo platform could such a game rank sixth. Am I right?
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 24 EmptySat 8 Jun 2013 - 12:34

Ye can't argue with sixth spot even though I thought the first was the better, but maybe I'm all nostalgic & factoring in how different it was to any other Mario game before it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 24 EmptySat 8 Jun 2013 - 18:11

Into the top five now! What surprises and wonders can possibly be in store?

Fifth Place
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!
Page 24 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next