We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!

Go down 
+17
ZeroSuitSamus2
Athrun888
nupkin
fronkhead
Silver light
2becomecarrion
Treesmurf
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
masofdas
Admin
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 25 EmptySat 8 Jun 2013 - 18:22

Are you suggesting that only Nazis would vote for Skyward Sword? Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 25 EmptySat 8 Jun 2013 - 18:29

Astounded that I haven't voted for a single game that's appeared thus far. Laughing

I started Skyward Sword shortly after launch, and I still haven't bothered to finish it. Strange that I wished for a motion controlled Zelda for the whole of the Wii generation, went mad over press releases, and then greeted the final product with motion control apathy. Huh.

I wanted to post the image of Hitler's head in a jar from the Duff Brewery in The Simpsons here, but Google Images let me down.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 25 EmptySat 8 Jun 2013 - 18:58

JayMoyles wrote:
Are you suggesting that only Nazis would vote for Skyward Sword? Nah nah!
In the same vein that only idiot presidents would vote for MHTri, yes. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 25 EmptySat 8 Jun 2013 - 20:55

I HATE JEW'S LOL.
Skyward Sword was my number 1.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 25 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 7:45

It all ends today!

Fourth Place
Spoiler:

Check back at six for the top three!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 25 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 7:51

No problems with that being there. Good stuff, bring on the finals!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 25 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 10:04

I think I can work it out from here. My predictions:

Spoiler:

We shall see. This hasn't been far off of the top ten I was predicting - I might not have expected Okami or Wii Sports to be there, possibly Xenoblade or DKCR instead.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 25 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 10:13

Hmm, I reckon you're spot on with your top 2 predications, but I hope your third one isn't right. Doesn't feel like a top 3 Wii game to me.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 25 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 10:24

It does seem a bit high, but I think it's been carried there by (likely) featuring in most folk's lists. I can't imagine it not being in the list somehow. Could be completely wrong, of course. Maybe something like Wii Sports Resort has sprung a surprise.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 25 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 11:05

Surely Donkey Kong Country Returns will place over Mario Kart Wii?

Having said that, a couple of the ranks so far have surprised me.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 25 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 11:11

Red Steel places in top 3; Matthew finally feels validated.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 25 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 12:22

I'll be dissapointed if Mario Kart Places, whilst good I wouldn't say it was top 10 worthy, I'd be devastated if it came above Galaxy or Twilight Princess though.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 25 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 14:05

Surely Xenoblade will have to be in that top 3
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 25 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 17:59

The end is nigh. Brace yourselves, ladies and gentlemen: the three finest games on the Wii, as chosen by the GNamer Forum (well 13 people in it anyway), lie beneath these spoilers. Open each one with the care it deserves...

Third place
Spoiler:

Second place
Spoiler:

The GNamer-Voted Absolute Best Game On Wii
Spoiler:

Final thoughts, thanks, and what other games got momentarily.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 25 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 18:48

A great top 3 but I personally don't get all the fuss over Twilight princess it was a great Zelda game there is no doubt about that but I have a secret to tell.....it's the only Zelda game I've traded in & no I don't regret it.

Top job balla, it was great checking this thread everyday & seeing the games revealed then all the opinions that followed, I assume you're going to update the OP with the full top ten list?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 25 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 18:55

I think that's a fantastic top 3, might even be the order I put it in personally.
As for Zelda it's the only one I've played more than once (three times) I've played LttP an extra half though as I couldn't beat it when I was young.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 25 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 20:33

Cracking finish to a cracking poll, Balla! A pat on the back for putting so much effort in, that man. Grin

A deserving top three, and I'm surprised-but-not-surprised (given the selected ten) that Donkey Kong Country Returns didn't place at all. Where would it have ranked?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 25 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 21:00

Let me clear that up for you, and some other odds and ends...

Lower-Ranked Games (none of which got a first place vote)
Spoiler:

My Top Ten
Spoiler:

More Special Thankses
Spoiler:

Final Words

I'm well into wittering territory now, but I just wanted to quickly that I've had far more fun than I should have, doing this. I can blame part of that on loving numbers, and developing a rather-too-close relationship with Excel's conditional formatting. Another part is NGamer's sense of humour: the "celebrity guests" can definitely be attributed to Geoffrey Chaucer, Sir Alan Sugar, Charlton Heston and many others "appearing" in the magazine, not to mention "Iwata Asks". Yet another part is pure ego-stroking, although whether a project on an online forum is any reason to stroke my ego is up for debate. Regardless, it's been a blast and I wouldn't have done it anywhere else on the 'Net.

The legacy of this is pretty straightforward: one person has asked to do a voting thread for the DS. I don't know when he'd like to start (the genres may need reshuffling), but I'll be among the electorate, racking my brains in an attempt to think of something "funny" to get into the comments... for a game that then won't place. So thanks to that person, and to the other person who offered to do the same!

I'll leave this stickied for a week; then it can fall down the pages as Nintendo pulls their fingers out and Wii U games threads take over. We can hope, anyway.

Play me off, Mario!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 25 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 21:06

Cracking thread Balladeer - it's been a highlight of the forum for the past few months. Smile

As for the top 3, I didn't expect Xenoblades, but at least it's not MKWii. I guess I need to play it now! My top 2 match the forum's top 2, so I'm claiming the title of Nostradamus, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 25 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 21:36

JayMoyles wrote:
it's been a highlight of the forum for the past few months. Smile

Agreed! Roll-on the DS poll thread. And no worries about the Twitter promo-ing! It was a good way to count down to 1800. Smile

Thanks for giving us the breakdown of the also-rans, too; in the end, a whopping eight of my ten votes turned out to be also-rans. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 25 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 22:08

Stu_the_great wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
it's been a highlight of the forum for the past few months. Smile

Agreed! Roll-on the DS poll thread. And no worries about the Twitter promo-ing! It was a good way to count down to 1800. Smile

Thanks for giving us the breakdown of the also-rans, too; in the end, a whopping eight of my ten votes turned out to be also-rans. Shocked

Yeah! more of these! Great job guys.

(I've just realised - I'm not really a handheld person, and don't know if I can think of 10 DS games period. For older consoles can we just do a top ten? And also sorry for the really long vote comments. And sorry for writing Ze;da.)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 25 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 22:10

Thanks for that, balla. Agood, fun read (at least for the last week when I actually got involved)

Sensible top 3. I thought the final special guest was saying "and lol", which would have been very different.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 25 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 22:50

Balladeer: you absolutely did do the core idea justice. All in all, I can say that this is the best thread I've seen on NGamer or GNamer since I started using the former almost five years ago. I'm convinced nobody associated with this forum could have made a better job of this than you did. Thanks.

~

Can't believe Mario Kart Wii did so badly! It's not my favourite, but I still couldn't imagine it not being in the top ten. Never played Xenoblade, had Twilight Princess several times without playing it, Galaxy is a classic.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 25 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 23:19

Mario Kart Wii is another that completely slipped my mind, would have voted for it otherwise, Xenoblade was one I didn't expect either but only because I've not played it yet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 25 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013 - 0:37

Happy with the list as a whole. Very glad that Xenoblade got third place!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG Wii Voting Thread, Voting Wii-kly: Thanks For Voting!
Page 25 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next