We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion

Go down 
+28
gjones
Solve My Maze
Sentinator
Silver light
Zaphod_B
Vidofnir
Rum
oldschool
Rattlecat
Cube
Dusty Knackers
shanks
Axis1500
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Treesmurf
Kieron
beemoh
fronkhead
mandlecreed
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Admin
Balladeer
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 38 EmptyMon 29 Feb 2016 - 12:00

I played it on 3DS and it was absolutely stellar. Then I played the Demo on Wii U and it was bigger and shinier and HD, but they hadn't bothered to give the characters any more facial animation than they had on 3DS so they looked properly weird when they talked.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 38 EmptyMon 29 Feb 2016 - 13:08

I started it and got to the boat, so not far but seemed decent enough.

eShop looks decent this week, I like the sound of chasing dead along with a few others but got a silly amount to play and Twilight coming on top of that.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 38 EmptyMon 7 Mar 2016 - 20:47

Some ace stuff on the eShop this week! There's some doubt over whether the version of Super Mario Advance 4 has the eReader levels or not; it better have, as they were part of the Japanese and US versions. Also, that Star Ghost looks alright. And some great sales too! Aces.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 38 EmptyMon 7 Mar 2016 - 21:06

NL wrote:
...while Rare alumni David Wise...

Matthew Castle
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 38 EmptyMon 7 Mar 2016 - 22:47

Ooooh Super Metroid & Link to the past? That really is ace!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 38 EmptyTue 8 Mar 2016 - 5:46

Once upon a time Link To The Past and Super Metroid were sold in a two-game bundle for £50. That was good value, back in the day, and how I got Super Metroid. Grin
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 38 EmptyMon 4 Apr 2016 - 10:52

So MyNintendo launches with a big heap of rewards for buying games through the eShop, and this week there are loads of new games on the eShop. Coincidence? I think not!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 38 EmptyMon 4 Apr 2016 - 11:24

Asdivine Hearts looks okay if you want a old school JRPG, that's about it though.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 38 EmptyMon 4 Apr 2016 - 12:11

As a bizarre coincidence

DIGRESSION ALERT: They just keep mounting up!

that's the one I had my eye on too! Shocked
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 38 EmptyMon 4 Apr 2016 - 19:53

I really enjoyed the e3 demo of Lovely planet so I think I'll pick that up.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 38 EmptyMon 4 Apr 2016 - 20:13

Loads of games, hardly any of which I give two 🐒 -s about.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 38 EmptyMon 4 Apr 2016 - 20:27

Always one eye on anything that calls itself a platform game or an RPG - if I had the money, the eShop folder on my Wii U would be stuffed with stuff!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 38 EmptyTue 5 Apr 2016 - 16:57

ZeroJones wrote:
As a bizarre coincidence

DIGRESSION ALERT: They just keep mounting up!

that's the one I had my eye on too! Shocked

Only thing is most of these old school RPG's have not been good or people say as looking what the Wii U has and what we've played, you got

Alphadia Genesis which Balla played and others say is a generic look back at PS1 era RPGs which you can now play on your phone

Pier Solar which we've talked about before some more Niche sites and retro sites like but more mainstream ones said it played like a game from 1992 (that's the point) and with the VC is better to buy SMRPG for instance

Of course you got a 3DS with likes of BS:EL which I know you've started which is built on old Final Fantasy's that I think your right RPG's are building up but not so sure about good ones on the Wii U.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 38 EmptyTue 5 Apr 2016 - 18:39

That's all true but I am a sucker for the old school RPG; I'd already have Pier Solar, for example, if the 60 hour run time hadn't put me off! Shocked I've read up a bit about Asdivine Hearts, as it's already out on mobile. It sounds pretty good, but pretty good mobile games don't always translate to good home console games - check out Kung Fu Rabbit, for example. Either way, I'm up for it - might test out buying games through my mobile. Grin
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 38 EmptyWed 4 May 2016 - 22:05

You know the "top 10" thing - the 10 game logos that appear in the Plaza when you start the WiiU up? One of the boxes on my plaza is taken up by Queen's Garden; yet I can see no evidence of anyone having played it ever.

UPDATE: Oh, it's a match three Candy Crush type thing.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 38 EmptyMon 9 May 2016 - 10:25

Super Meat Boy this week, alongside Contra III Probotector and Mario Strikers Charged. Just noticed that Super Meat Boy has the same initials as Super Mario Bros. Observant, me! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 38 EmptyMon 9 May 2016 - 22:56

It doesn't look like Super Meat Boy has got anything that's exclusive to the Wii U. It looks like it's the game that's been doing the rounds on all the other consoles since about 1946.

I've got no time for Probotector to be completely honest - I think all the Contra games are massively overrated, and I don't think that they're all that necessary in a world where you can get Gunstar Heroes and Metal Slug.

I played a bit of Strikers Charged recently. I never really rated it too highly in the past, and without the online today I think it's basically redundant. I didn't even think it was a good local multiplayer game - there's loads better on Wii and on the Wii U eShop.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 38 EmptyTue 10 May 2016 - 0:16

If you've not had the chance to play Super Meat Boy yet, I highly recommend it. It's tough, but the controls are tight and level design is never unfair, so you shouldn't get frustrated with it easily.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 38 EmptySun 29 May 2016 - 16:02

Has anybody anything to say about Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures? It's half price on the eShop this week. It's not one of those NES homages that's really difficult for the sake of it, is it?

On another note, I see Mario Slam Basketball is up for download. Shite.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 38 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 16:52

Nintendo celebrate five years of the eShop with a massive sale!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 38 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 16:57

Some nice deals in there but it's a bit of a shame that most of them are some really obvious games that everyone probably owns. Meh
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 38 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 17:52

Can only agree, good deals but most will own in some form you'd think.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 38 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 17:57

Aye, a lot of what's on sale is pretty familar. It's a brilliant sale if you're new to Nintendo, but I'd imagine that a lot of us have the cartridges for a lot of those Virtual Console games from the first time around, and picked up most of the eShop in previous sales over the last five years. There's still odd thing I'll go for though. Better than nothing!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 38 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 20:51

I agree that they're familiar games and so not necessarily for gamers like ourselves. Nonetheless, I'm with Cappa - there's one game I'm going to snap right up! Grin It's also hopefully a sign that there'll be more sales in the future. Fingers crossed!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 38 EmptyWed 8 Jun 2016 - 19:58

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Has anybody anything to say about Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures? It's half price on the eShop this week. It's not one of those NES homages that's really difficult for the sake of it, is it?

I've not played it myself, but I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it is.

I might pick up SML2 in that sale. It was one of my first Game Boy games alongside Star Wars and I've long since lost the cartridge for it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next