We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion

Go down 
+28
gjones
Solve My Maze
Sentinator
Silver light
Zaphod_B
Vidofnir
Rum
oldschool
Rattlecat
Cube
Dusty Knackers
shanks
Axis1500
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Treesmurf
Kieron
beemoh
fronkhead
mandlecreed
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Admin
Balladeer
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 40 EmptyMon 1 Aug 2016 - 20:04

ZeroJones wrote:
I had a couple of TG-16 games back in the days of the Wii - Bonk's Adventure, which was alright, and Fighting Street, which was not. If they give us Fighting Street on the Wii U, I might pull that through (as only I call it) onto my Wii U, but that would be it.
Every time someone mentions Fighting Street, I have to watch this.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 40 EmptyMon 1 Aug 2016 - 21:19

I remember practically bugger all about the TurboGrafx on the Wii Virtual Console, except that the games aren't worth £5.39 in 2016. It's mad that these downloads are costing more today than they were almost a decade ago. The shine has worn off of a lot of the best games. Except for Rondo of Blood, natch.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 40 EmptySun 25 Sep 2016 - 10:54

Did anybody play Severed when it came out on the PS Vita? It's just come out for Wii U and 3DS. From what I've read, it seems like the sort of game that I might like, but then other people have compared it to a dungeon crawler RPGs...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 40 EmptySun 25 Sep 2016 - 11:07

I can answer that with this Gintendo article and I would go 3DS not Wii U.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 40 EmptySun 25 Sep 2016 - 11:15

If I get this - and no offence to your point of view, mas - it'll likely be for the Wii U, purely because there's more space on my Wii U hard drive than my 3DS's SD card.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 40 EmptySun 25 Sep 2016 - 11:36

It's cross-platform, meaning that it'll be free on Wii U if you download it on 3DS (and vice versa, natch).

That sounds all right from your Gintendo review. Five hours in length sounds perfect for me before FIFA, Paper Mario and all that come out next month. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 40 EmptySun 25 Sep 2016 - 11:53

I forgot it was cross-buy, reason I go 3DS over Wii U unless you plan to watch TV and play this at the same time is that it will play like a handheld game as you will be looking at the screen all the time, so you may as well play on 3DS.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 40 EmptyMon 26 Sep 2016 - 9:29

masofdas wrote:
I forgot it was cross-buy, reason I go 3DS over Wii U unless you plan to watch TV and play this at the same time is that it will play like a handheld game as you will be looking at the screen all the time, so you may as well play on 3DS.

I see what you mean but I think this would work just as well with off screen play on wii U.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 40 EmptyMon 26 Sep 2016 - 9:36

I think the biggest issue is you basically have to play the game one handed, as the other is constantly tapping the screen. The left hand is needed for looking around the room as monsters will appear on several sides, this uses the stick and your right hand is doing the combat. Gamepad is a little too heavy for one handed play if you ask me, so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone on WiiU, even with the Vita I found it was only really comfortable to play in bed whilst lying on my front.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 40 EmptyMon 26 Sep 2016 - 9:48

Hmm....off that description I think I could get away with resting the gamepad on my lap while sitting down. Razz
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 40 EmptyMon 26 Sep 2016 - 9:50

If you want to stare down at your lap for ages, fine, but that's a little uncomfortable for my liking.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 40 EmptyMon 26 Sep 2016 - 19:26

The_Jaster wrote:
masofdas wrote:

I see what you mean but I think this would work just as well with off screen play on wii U.

Yeah that's my point but then you're juts playing a big handheld basically (someone should come up with something like that), so why not just play it on a handheld but hey you can play on both and see what suits you best.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 40 EmptyMon 26 Sep 2016 - 19:33

Some good discounts this week - BIT.TRIP Presents Runner2: Future Legend Of Rhythm Alien is a barg at £4.99 and Bit Dungeon + was pretty much one at £4.99 (Ginny review coming soon, honest Embarrassed ) - at £3.60, it's definitely one. Then there's the small matter of SteamWorld Heist. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 40 EmptyWed 28 Sep 2016 - 19:44

Runner 2 comes highly recommended, and it features Charles Martinet!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 40 EmptyMon 17 Oct 2016 - 19:37

Pirate Pop Plus is looking good.

It's a bit of a shame that it's got that done-to-death Game Boy aesthetic and chip music soundtrack, but for £4.09 you're getting a modernised version of Super Pang with crossbuy between 3DS and Wii U. I'll be all over this when it comes out on Thursday. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 40 EmptyMon 21 Nov 2016 - 23:18

I'm locking this one up, team. We'll not get much more chat out of the post. If anyone wants to start a new eShop thread for this subforum, go for it. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40