We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DuckTales remake by WayForward

Go down 
+6
Jimbob
ZeroJones
Treesmurf
masofdas
The_Jaster
Admin
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

DuckTales remake by WayForward Empty
PostSubject: DuckTales remake by WayForward   DuckTales remake by WayForward EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013 - 19:07

I did a little happy dance when I learnt about this. Various sites have reported it, but the great guys at WayForward are HD remaking one of the most fondly-remembered games from the 8bit Nintendo era.

Towel, please.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: DuckTales remake by WayForward   DuckTales remake by WayForward EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013 - 21:32

Aye should be great, now all we need is an HD version of chip & dale rescue rangers. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DuckTales remake by WayForward   DuckTales remake by WayForward EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013 - 22:19

I never played on nes as I didn't start gaming in till mega drive but the cqpcom disney games on that were brilliant. and didn't they also anoouce a dungeons and dragons game aswell
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DuckTales remake by WayForward   DuckTales remake by WayForward EmptyFri 22 Mar 2013 - 22:24

I'd be even more excited were this announcement a Darkwing Duck remake, but I didn't see this one coming at all. I wonder if Disney are resurrecting the cartoon series in some form?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: DuckTales remake by WayForward   DuckTales remake by WayForward EmptySun 24 Mar 2013 - 0:52

Someone on twitter made a typo of "fucktales" for this which made me chuckle. On to the news at hand, very exciting Grin More retro classics need to make a return.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: DuckTales remake by WayForward   DuckTales remake by WayForward EmptySun 24 Mar 2013 - 1:01

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00Z86j_MJDY

Let's all sing along Whistle
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: DuckTales remake by WayForward   DuckTales remake by WayForward EmptySun 24 Mar 2013 - 1:13

"Stop emailing me for a quote"
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: DuckTales remake by WayForward   DuckTales remake by WayForward EmptySun 24 Mar 2013 - 8:24

The trailer has me in a joyfully excited frame of mind. I was praying that they'd show Scrooge using his walking stick as a pogo stick, as that was the moment that blew my mind as a youth. Filled with glee, I was, when I saw that happened. Filled, I tell you.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: DuckTales remake by WayForward   DuckTales remake by WayForward EmptySun 24 Mar 2013 - 10:20

I cannot believe how utterly excited this has made me. I know the "kids" probably don't know what DuckTales is, but... ah, so happy!

Oh, off topic: Stupidest bit of the cartoon. At one point, S McD has to head to Great Britain to find a lost play. But he's told he can't be taken to Great Britain, because - *GASP!* - Great Britain is haunted! This is news to Scrooge, as he's never been there before. DESPITE THE FACT HE IS CLEARLY SCOTTISH
DuckTales remake by WayForward 509852c2afa96f2d52000009
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: DuckTales remake by WayForward   DuckTales remake by WayForward EmptySun 24 Mar 2013 - 10:59

As a "kid", can someone please explain what all the fuss is about? I get the impression that the original was a classic of its time: has anyone played it recently to check if it's aged?

Last edited by Balladeer on Sun 24 Mar 2013 - 11:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: DuckTales remake by WayForward   DuckTales remake by WayForward EmptySun 24 Mar 2013 - 11:07

Never played it so not so fussed, but do want to see if the cartoon is still any good
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DuckTales remake by WayForward   DuckTales remake by WayForward EmptySun 24 Mar 2013 - 11:26

Balladeer wrote:
As a "kid", can someone please explain what all the fuss is about? I get the impression that the original was a classic of its time: has anyone played it recently to check if it's aged?

I played the Game Boy original through to completion yesterday, and I would still recommend it to platform fans. The translation is a bit rushed, but all the components are in there: pleasing physics, interesting twist on the 'jump on head' formula with Scrooge's cane, lots of hidden nooks and crannies, the five stages can be tackled in any order (excluding African Mines), and of course, the music is as bouncy as I remember it.

The presentation isn't as slick as Darkwing Duck, but DuckTales is more non-linear which makes up for that. Having five levels to explore from the off fills you with a greater sense of adventure. Unlike Darkwing Duck, it's also possible to get lost, and you know you've probably done so if you bump into Launchpad. It's not very hard, it's over quickly, but finishing with the most money and exploring the optional areas (there are usually two routes through a level) is reason enough to return.

I watched the trailer twice just to sing along to the theme tune, and that Tim Schafer quote made me laugh. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: DuckTales remake by WayForward   DuckTales remake by WayForward EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013 - 13:13

Dated for August 15th in Europe! I, for one, will be downloading on day one. Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DuckTales remake by WayForward   DuckTales remake by WayForward EmptyFri 12 Jul 2013 - 18:04

Balladeer wrote:
As a "kid", can someone please explain what all the fuss is about?  I get the impression that the original was a classic of its time: has anyone played it recently to check if it's aged?

The music... dear lord, the music is so so good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DuckTales remake by WayForward   DuckTales remake by WayForward EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 12:46

Been having much fun with this. I don't know why people's expectations were dashed when this came out: as far as gameplay goes, it's a spruced-up version of the original game, which is exactly what it says on the tin. The cutscenes are fun the first time round and annoying thereafter, but are easily skipped, and its limited number of lives are as unforgiving as they were in 1989. A perfectly-pitched challenge if you simply watch what you're doing. A great nostalgia trip, and it's surprising how much of the game/show I've remembered when prompted.

And the music still rocks.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: DuckTales remake by WayForward   DuckTales remake by WayForward EmptySun 25 Aug 2013 - 13:17

It's a bit too faithful to the original, that's my issue with it. It's not as daring to do anything different as I would have liked. That said, I can see how fans of the original would really enjoy it. Personally, I think the original is solid but unspectacular, awfully like Remastered is.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: DuckTales remake by WayForward   DuckTales remake by WayForward EmptyTue 6 Aug 2019 - 20:42

Why am I bumping a thread from six years ago? Because we won't be bumping it ever again: DuckTales Remastered is getting delisted in just three days time:

https://gonintendo.com/stories/341674-ducktales-remastered-being-removed-from-the-wii-u-eshop-on-aug-9

75% off on Wii, PS3, 360 and Steam, and very much worth it too.

Also:

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: DuckTales remake by WayForward   DuckTales remake by WayForward EmptyTue 6 Aug 2019 - 21:40

Oh boy! Thanks for the warning. I've grabbed it off Steam now. Huh - I guess it's bad in this day and age to say "I'll get it later"...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DuckTales remake by WayForward   DuckTales remake by WayForward EmptyTue 6 Aug 2019 - 21:48

What I've been saying elsewhere, why they're may have been cause for panic with the DOOM games re-relase.

Now more than ever games can come and go for loads of reasons.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: DuckTales remake by WayForward   DuckTales remake by WayForward EmptyWed 7 Aug 2019 - 20:09

Worth coming into this thread for the ScotRail tune alone.

'UP-UP-UP-UPHALL, GLASGOW CENTRAL, INVERKEITHING, BATHGATE METHIL*'
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DuckTales remake by WayForward   DuckTales remake by WayForward EmptyWed 7 Aug 2019 - 22:25

I'm still disappointed that the Scott Pilgrim vs the World game from the 360/PS3 era has been seemingly permanently delisted from digital stores. That's the peril of digital gaming, I suppose.

I've not spotted that 75% discount going live on PSN - it still shows £11.99 on both the PS3 itself and on the web version of the Playstation Store.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DuckTales remake by WayForward   DuckTales remake by WayForward EmptyWed 7 Aug 2019 - 23:15

Top 10 games you can't buy anymore?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DuckTales remake by WayForward   DuckTales remake by WayForward EmptySat 17 Oct 2020 - 10:11

JayMoyles wrote:
I'm still disappointed that the Scott Pilgrim vs the World game from the 360/PS3 era has been seemingly permanently delisted from digital stores. That's the peril of digital gaming, I suppose.

I've not spotted that 75% discount going live on PSN - it still shows £11.99 on both the PS3 itself and on the web version of the Playstation Store.

Scott is coming back so yay but don't know you've seen after this month PS3, VITA, PSP basically anything not PS5 or PS4 won't be available on the app or web PSN.

Still will be able to get games from the VITA's actual store on the handheld but its rarely updated and some games just don't show up but do on the web, meaning those will be a pain to try and get.

And we've seen already in South America 3DS store killed off that how much longer will PS3, VITA, PSP, 3DS, Wii U be around worldwide?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: DuckTales remake by WayForward   DuckTales remake by WayForward EmptySat 17 Oct 2020 - 14:12

But what's any of that got to do with ScotRail?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DuckTales remake by WayForward   DuckTales remake by WayForward EmptySat 17 Oct 2020 - 17:56

UP-UP-UP-UPHALL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DuckTales remake by WayForward   DuckTales remake by WayForward Empty

Back to top Go down

DuckTales remake by WayForward
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next