We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition

Go down 
+14
flora-chan
oldschool
Vidofnir
shanks
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Athrun888
JayMoyles
beemoh
Buskalilly
Balladeer
masofdas
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition Empty
PostSubject: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition EmptyFri 29 Aug 2014 - 13:25

You know I said there was a remake coming I didn't think it would be this, there's only one problem it only works on the new 3DS as it's called. I still not played on Wii, so would buy but not sure if I'd buy a new 3DS for it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition EmptyFri 29 Aug 2014 - 14:33

I hate almost everything about this announcement.

Not only is it a remake.
Not only is it a remake of a last-gen. game.
But it's a remake of a last-gen. game that can only be played on a to-be-released version of an old console.

I can't hate everything, because XC is one of my top ten games of all time and as many people as possible should play it, but the impact of the sheer scale of the locations, possibly the best thing about the game, isn't suited to a handheld anyway. So they should play it on the Wii if at all possible.

[/rant]
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition EmptyFri 29 Aug 2014 - 14:36

I would had a HD port of it then like you exclusive for the new 3ds which will have a tiny. So not even a load of people get to experience this.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition EmptyFri 29 Aug 2014 - 15:02

Well as someone who buts every new Nintendo hardware iteration day one and really likes XC, I couldn't be Happier.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition EmptyFri 29 Aug 2014 - 19:53

Balladeer wrote:
Not only is it a remake.
But it's a remake of a last-gen. game that can only be played on a to-be-released version of an old console.

A remake of a last-gen. game which was an arsehole to get hold of when it was new and you certainly haven't got a snowballs' chance in hell of finding now. I'm OK with this.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition EmptyFri 29 Aug 2014 - 21:05

beemoh wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Not only is it a remake.

A remake of a last-gen. game which was an arsehole to get hold of when it was new and you certainly haven't got a snowballs' chance in hell of finding now. I'm OK with this.

Agreed. It's still going for £40, and that's cheap for the game.

Having said that, the prospect of having to upgrade my 3DS in order to play this so soon after purchasing it (I've owned my 3DS for a month...) doesn't sit well with me, meaning that I'm likely not going to be playing this on 3DS anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition EmptyFri 29 Aug 2014 - 21:11

If you didn't play xenoblade and want to play. It could buy it for like £40 & buy a Wii for about tenner which is a far better option. Then new 3ds at £110 then what another £40 for the game.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition EmptyFri 29 Aug 2014 - 21:16

It's a pain to track down though - the price isn't the only issue.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition EmptyFri 29 Aug 2014 - 21:32

eBay Jay and even cex
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition EmptySat 30 Aug 2014 - 1:21

beemoh wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Not only is it a remake.

I suppose that there's no way Nintendo will re-release a Wii game at this stage, but can't it appear on Wii U VC or something? I just don't like the idea of spending time and effort on a remake that could be spent on old titles. (And I had no problem finding it at launch, but maybe that was just me.)

The price issue is mitigated by the fact that you'll be shelling out £100+ for the halfway-house console, surely?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition EmptySat 30 Aug 2014 - 5:27

I'm going to say this is actually a shockingly smart move by nintendo.  By doing this they get a chance to raise acknowledgement and awareness of Xenoblade for barely any effort and for

To say what this is spoiling would be a spoiler, but it ain't a xenoblade spoiler so you have been warned:

And all ultimately culminating in more awareness for xenoblade x.  As for why they chose the 3ds, I'd assume it's because the 3ds has far more owners than the wii u and as far as advertising xenoblade x (which is strongly why I believe this is even happening) goes the advertisement will have a greater effect on the 3ds than the system where most owners probably already have x pre ordered.

Also unless I'm very much mistaken this is just a port so I doubt it's taking any real effort from nintendo to do.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition EmptySat 30 Aug 2014 - 9:40

Xenoblade Chronicles sits on my gaming shelf, laughing at me. I've played thirty minutes of it before moving on to something else and never went back. Everyone who's played it seems to love it, hard - I'm sure some of the detail will drop out in the more from Wii to New 3DS, but the chance to experience it in 3D is A Good Thing.

Not that I will - silence, Xenoblade, I'll finish you some day! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition EmptySat 30 Aug 2014 - 10:56

Athrun888 wrote:

And all ultimately culminating in more awareness for xenoblade x.  As for why they chose the 3ds, I'd assume it's because the 3ds has far more owners than the wii u

It's a exclusive to the new 3DS which has a install base of zero. But could be a good. marketing thing, I play as Shulk in smash I go I want to check out his games then bam I'm buying a new 3ds & xenoblade 3ds

@balla agree with you balla if you want to play it like I said go on eBay buy it for £40 then a Wii for about £10. I also had no problem finding my limted edition and like @zerojones it sits on my shelve looking at me right now. Also they could reprint as a player choice or whatever it is as they still do those now and again.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition EmptySat 30 Aug 2014 - 15:55

Gosh, Mas, I wonder why Athrun put that bit in a spoiler. Rolling Eyes

"Fortunately", I've already been spoiled by every news site running, but for crying out loud, please leave the Smash spoilers to the appropriate thread. I started the spoiler-free version for a reason.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition EmptySat 30 Aug 2014 - 15:57

Now I'm not one to sniff at visuals usually but this looked REALLY bad on new 3ds, almost ps1-esque in places so if ye never owned it I'd honestly recommend you hunt down a wii copy & only get this version as a last resort.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition EmptySat 30 Aug 2014 - 15:58

Sorry Balla,  I just replied with out thinking as like you say how could you avoid it anyway.

So what your saying is the new powerful new 3ds with this exclusive doesn't look good. So the new 3ds still seems like a pointless stopgap.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition EmptySat 30 Aug 2014 - 22:49

The_Jaster wrote:
Now I'm not one to sniff at visuals usually but this looked REALLY bad on new 3ds, almost ps1-esque in places so if ye never owned it I'd honestly recommend you hunt down a wii copy & only get this version as a last resort.

The framerate also looked a bit iffy too. Like, it wasn't horrible but it's nowhere near as smooth as you'd like for an action RPG.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition EmptySun 31 Aug 2014 - 2:26

masofdas wrote:
So what your saying is the new powerful new 3ds with this exclusive doesn't look good.  So the new 3ds still seems like a pointless stopgap.

Not at all, I'm just saying this game doesn't look good from a visual stand point.

(side note: I've already put my thoughts about the system in the 3ds news thread)

JayMoyles wrote:
The framerate also looked a bit iffy too. Like, it wasn't horrible but it's nowhere near as smooth as you'd like for an action RPG.

Aye definitely agree on that too.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition EmptySun 31 Aug 2014 - 10:50

I just gave the trailer a look and although it doesn't look quite as nice as the Wii one, it still looks amazing and having that world to explore on a handheld is going to be amazing. Looking forward to playing through it again and properly 100%ing it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition EmptySun 31 Aug 2014 - 16:15

From what we've seen I don't think there's been a graphical downgrade, outside of resolution which was inevitable (if you watch the video in a smaller window that's more representative of how it'll look on 3DS). It still looks great, and from what I see all the bells and whistles (the sea of grass!) have made it in.

I'm worried that the lighting may get downgraded though. At sunset the game got a lot more beautiful and atmospheric, with everything being really nicely lit:

Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition BwYARZHIcAAmuoq

I don't believe that the game's environments are necessarily better on a TV, I think they will look utterly fantastic with the 3D on, and the 3D itself always lends environments a very room-y feel to them, since you're effectively staring at double the pixels, those extra pixels being used to separate layers and make everything 3D anyway. And your head is a lot closer to the screen of, say, a New 3DS XL than it is a big TV.

I'd buy this just to be able to explore the various environments in 3D, but otherwise I think I'll actually finish this version as well.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition EmptySun 31 Aug 2014 - 17:07

Just seen the trailer myself if I didn't know it was a port of a wii game then I would say that's nice but still not overly convinced about it. I'd still sooner a HD port to Wii U.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition EmptyMon 1 Sep 2014 - 14:46

I had a wonder around the game's environments yesterday evening and I have to say I'm sceptical that this will be on New 3DS without compromise now. It's still a stunning game from a technical perspective (I was surprised at how sharp most the textures looked as well), and given even the Vita struggles a lot with PS2/Wii-era ports, I'm a bit wary.

I'm sure it'll still look great on 3DS, but I'd rather no compromises be made.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition EmptyFri 6 Feb 2015 - 22:31

amiibo Shulk will work with this game to unlock tokens or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition EmptySat 7 Feb 2015 - 6:45

Even with the lowered graphics I'm still definitely getting this as long as it doesn't have constant frame rate issues. Portable Xenoblade? Yummy. For some reason simply being on a portable multiplies a rpg's addictivness by ten for me.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition EmptySat 7 Feb 2015 - 6:47

Yeah, I know what you mean there. I think its how easy they are to pick up and then hard to put down. Playing on a console becomes much more a commitment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition   Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition Empty

Back to top Go down

Xenoblade Chronicles: Remade Remake Edition
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next