We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Valkyria Chronicles

Go down 
+2
Muss
masofdas
6 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Valkyria Chronicles Empty
PostSubject: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles EmptyFri 15 Jan 2016 - 17:55

Anyone else play this cult classic PS3 game or any of it's sequels on PSP, it was top-notch and I'm rather excited about the remaster coming to PS4 and the 4th entry in the series.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles EmptyTue 2 Feb 2016 - 17:55

I just bought this for £3.50 on a steam sale. It has a ludicrous 16gb download but hopefully I can give it a bash before X-com 2 comes out.

Last edited by Muss on Mon 14 Feb 2022 - 16:21; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles EmptyThu 4 Feb 2016 - 11:58

That's cheap seeing I'll be paying £30 ish on PS4 for the remaster, games have become weird now as the STEAM version is a HD version of the PS3 game where the PS4 game is a remaster of the PS3 version.

That there the same but different. I just hope this does well that 2 or 3 or the new one comes to the PS4 or PC in the West in HD.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles EmptyThu 4 Feb 2016 - 13:11

I never got past the Batomys in the original, it was such an unbalanced boss fight. The game itself was excellent but that really let it down for me. I do want to go back, but I'm not convinced a remaster will bring anything new or fix any of the problems.

I played an awful lot of VC2 on PSP, which again was a great game at its core, but it was let down even moreso by a lack of balancing. It introduced the fencer unit, which carried a sword and shield, and all missions quickly devolved into a fencer rush as it was a broken tactic. I loved the multiplayer aspect though!

Obviously 3 never got a release over here, but from what I hear it still suffers somewhat (but not as much) from some broken balancing.

I have no idea what to think of the new game as it looks completely different so far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles EmptyThu 4 Feb 2016 - 16:13

Well Mas, I think it is usually listed at £14.99, but it had a massive discount so it felt rude not to buy it.

You are right in it being peculiar having so many versions of this game already, with another remaster on the way. Still, as consoles ditch backwards comparability but keep embracing digital distribution, I don't think remasters/HD editions of last gen titles are going to stop anytime soon, even if the differences between a remaster and HD release are minimal.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles EmptyThu 4 Feb 2016 - 22:09

Maybe the remaster will fix balance issues for instance.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles EmptyMon 14 Feb 2022 - 11:39

I'm playing this at the moment and it's brilliant fun. Challenging yet ultimately rewarding and my God, it's a beautiful game.

OrangeRakoon wrote:
I never got past the Batomys in the original, it was such an unbalanced boss fight. The game itself was excellent but that really let it down for me. I do want to go back, but I'm not convinced a remaster will bring anything new or fix any of the problems.

I just got to this bit and the one-shot kill just had me shocked. I just spent an hour taking apart this tank and then BAM. Bit of a silly difficulty spike to be honest, but I'll give it a few more goes.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles EmptyMon 14 Feb 2022 - 14:17

I won't say the tactic as I don't want to ruin the challenge for you, but I think everyone I've ever talked to about this game who has completed it has done it by exploiting a particularly imbalanced tactic

Great that you are enjoying it, it really is a lovely looking game
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles EmptyMon 14 Feb 2022 - 16:20

Muss wrote:
I just bought this for £3.50 on a steam sale. It has a ludicrous 16gb download but hopefully I can give it a bash before X-com 2 comes out.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles EmptyMon 14 Feb 2022 - 18:24

Ahh 2016 when 16gb was a ludicrous file size. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles EmptyTue 15 Feb 2022 - 11:41

To be fair, I remember getting Batman: Arkham Knight with my graphics card, so that must have been 2015/16. And that game took me, literally, over 1 week to download on my shitty rural "broadband."

I recall that Buska had access to my steam library at the time, downloaded it to his laptop (it didn't really run) just to say he'd played it before me Laughing Mad

Anything over a few megabytes was a bad time for me.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles EmptyTue 15 Feb 2022 - 12:21

Yep, I played the opening, then hopped in the batmobile and the game chugged to literally less than one frame per second Laughing

Also- woah, Muss has been on GNamer for 6 years! That's mad!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles EmptyTue 15 Feb 2022 - 15:26

Muss wrote:
To be fair, I remember getting Batman: Arkham Knight with my graphics card, so that must have been 2015/16. And that game took me, literally, over 1 week to download on my shitty rural "broadband."

I recall that Buska had access to my steam library at the time, downloaded it to his laptop (it didn't really run) just to say he'd played it before me Laughing Mad

Anything over a few megabytes was a bad time for me.

Oh I definitely know what shitty internet is like so I feel the pain of looooong downloads like that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles EmptyThu 17 Feb 2022 - 9:47

Now I'm downloading Total Warhammer III only the 114GB, and had to uninstall the 86GB AoE4 (wish XCloud had PC Games) as my SSD only 250GB.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valkyria Chronicles   Valkyria Chronicles Empty

Back to top Go down

Valkyria Chronicles
Page 1 of 1