We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!)

Go down 
+5
Kriken
Buskalilly
masofdas
Rum
Balladeer
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!) Empty
PostSubject: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!)   Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!) EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 23:10

Combines the worlds of 1 and 2, but as of yet doesn't look like it has 2's stupid female character designs.  I'm all the way up for this. Bounce

Last edited by Balladeer on Mon 10 Oct 2022 - 19:35; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!)   Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!) EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 23:16

I think I'm up for this! It depends in part if I manage to get back into XC2 once I put Legends Arceus down. Hoping that I will - there's just a bit of me that worries XC2 ultimately won't be worth the commitment. That's the main reason I never stuck with XCX.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!)   Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!) EmptyWed 9 Feb 2022 - 23:20

XC2 has its problems but it's in an entirely differently league to XCX! I still liked a lot of XCX but heck that game was flawed. I never finished it in the end, and wouldn't pick up a Switch remaster.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!)   Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!) EmptyThu 10 Feb 2022 - 0:13

Looked good, and I'm odd I can like a game in a series that I don't like & vice-versa, so who knows. Then what else is September 2022 etc
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!)   Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!) EmptyThu 10 Feb 2022 - 1:09

I bounced off Xenoblade 2's opening a couple of times. This one, tonally, looks closer to what I liked in the first one so I'm hopeful.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!)   Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!) EmptyThu 10 Feb 2022 - 2:10

I almost abandoned XC2 early on, but went on to love it. Did not really get the battle mechanics at first but they were really fun once I did. Also liked XC1 Definitive Edition a lot, so I'm looking forward to this.

Probably time to try XCX soon as well.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!)   Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!) EmptyThu 10 Feb 2022 - 12:37

I played XC1 after XC2 came out, so I suppose it's time for me to jump on XC2. Laughing

Looks like it'll be a solid JRPG! I don't think I'll be picking it up on launch as I want to play XC2 first, natch, but will be great to have this to look forward to at some point.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!)   Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!) EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 8:45

So just me and Kriken then. Aww! I get bouncing off Pyra the opening to XC2, but it is an excellent game still! Just have to wade through some unhelpful tutorials first. Frankly anybody who's into Monster Hunter should be a pro at that. Winky Face

Anyway, as Buska says this looks tonally closer to 1.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!)   Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!) EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 9:40

I genuinely enjoyed the first half or so of 2, but I've done it twice now only for something else to come out (last time it was Fire Emblem). It's an awful game to attempt to pick back up at a later time and I'm not sure I've got the energy to play the first part again. I'm game for 3 though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!)   Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!) EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 9:25

I actually never got more than a couple of hours into 2. I just didn't give it time to get its hooks in. The difference is that the first game opened really strong. The story, world and characters gripped me instantly.

It's being borrowed by my pal at the moment, but I am tempted to give 2 one last try. On the other hand, maybe I'd be better buying three without having burned myself out forcing my way through a game I wasn't motivated to play?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!)   Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!) EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 10:43

I just got Torna on cartridge which is only about 18hrs, I wanted to give that a go anyway but even more keen now.

Just with XC3 story connecting the history of XC and XC2 which the two logos of those merged together for XC3, will not playing the previous games make a big difference? However, the trailer shows new characters, world (I think) that maybe they also don't know about Shulk and they learn who is along the way as well as us.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!)   Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!) EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 11:10

Is this . . .
masofdas wrote:

Just with XC3 story connecting the history of XC and XC2 which the two logos of those merged together for XC3, will not playing the previous games make a big difference?
Referring to this:
Balladeer wrote:
Combines the worlds of 1 and 2
?

I don't think the Balls man is being literal, he's just saying that it takes influences from aspects of both.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!)   Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!) EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 11:23

From the website

Explore a new world that will connect the futures of both Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Then like I said the logo is the other two game's logo combined, but says new world and we have new characters.

That I'm looking at it as I'm Noah and Mio, where the future (not history got that wrong) of XC is new to me as it is them, I hope.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!)   Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!) EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 11:24

I think it won't be essential to have played the previous games, but seeing things like Mechon and the High Entia in that trailer makes me think it will draw more heavily on its past this time round.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!)   Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!) EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 14:34

Yep I am being literal! I think people said that Noah sounds like Shulk (I couldn't hear him over y'all), while Mio is clearly descended from XC2's female lead and Best Female Character in Gaming nominee Nia. Even the names sound similar!

Watched it again just now. That boat looks fun. Also: shot of Raven Beak at 1:18.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!)   Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!) EmptySun 13 Feb 2022 - 2:38

Oh, I stand corrected!
I can't imagine it will be essential but that does make me somewhat more interested in playing 2 first.

Hmm . . . can I throw a sicky at work for a week nowadays?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!)   Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!) EmptySun 13 Feb 2022 - 13:26

There is an interview and talks about the connection with the other two games, but also how they want to make it for newcomers.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!)   Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!) EmptyTue 15 Feb 2022 - 11:07

Oh, I'm sure it won't be required reading. I also didn't need to replay the whole 2D Metroid series before Dread, or revisit No More Heroes and No More Heroes 2 before III, but my brain is broken.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!)   Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!) EmptySat 16 Apr 2022 - 13:57

New key artwork, which I'm going to guess will be the boxart
Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!) Xenoblade-chronicles-3.large

Also, this bit of info:

"A vast world awaits in Xenoblade Chronicles 3, the next game in the acclaimed RPG series from developer MONOLITHSOFT. Players will step into the roles of protagonists Noah and Mio amid turmoil between the hostile nations of Keves and Agnus. Six characters hailing from those nations will take part in a grand tale with “life” as its central theme. Explore a new world that will connect the futures of both Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, launching for Nintendo Switch in September 2022."

Edit instead of Double Post

New trailer and new date of July
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!)   Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!) EmptyWed 20 Apr 2022 - 22:06

YASS excellent news! Even excellent news for those who may not be such a fan, because that presumably means Nintendo has something killer for the slot XC3 would have taken (okay there are other possibilities). Time for me to go into full-on hype and media blackout mode.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!)   Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!) EmptyMon 20 Jun 2022 - 14:38

Guess who doesn't want a media blackout, yeah that's right Nintendo with a direct on Wednesday 22nd at 3pm

Hope this also mean if a proper direct on the 29th, we won't see XC3 and that can focus on other games like Splatoon 3 which took its place Balla in September.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!)   Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!) EmptyMon 20 Jun 2022 - 21:34

What do games like Xenoblade 3 really need? More publicity!
What do games like Xenoblade 3 really not need? Twenty minutes of in-depth explanation!

Sigh. I don't know what this means for the real Direct. Is this waving a flag to say, 'We're not having another showcase so we needed to show this off here'? Or, 'We have more material than a broader showcase would allow that you should see'? They're wrong in the latter case, but I hope it's that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!)   Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!) EmptySat 23 Jul 2022 - 9:19

Less than a week until my Game Of The Year (Probably) comes out. Is it just me and Mas getting this any time soon? If so, Mas: how do you feel about turning this thread into a two-person-dominated ongoing chat for the next month? Surprised
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!)   Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!) EmptySat 23 Jul 2022 - 9:30

Yeah I'm good with that
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!)   Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!) EmptySun 24 Jul 2022 - 7:59

I really want it, but I feel I should finish up 2 first... But also maybe I should admit defeat and just jump in...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!)   Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Xenoblade Chronicles 3 (I'm Really Threeling It!)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next