We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality

Go down 
+2
Rum
Balladeer
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality Empty
PostSubject: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyWed 21 Apr 2021 - 17:00

Capcom wrote:
くらえ! The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles brings together two incredible adventures set a century before the events of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney! This special trailer features an introduction and closing statements from Shu Takumi – the director and scenario writer of the first three Ace Attorney games as well as both The Great Ace Attorney games – that Ace fans absolutely do not want to miss.

Never before released outside of Japan, both The Great Ace Attorney: Adventures and The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve follow the escapades of fledgling lawyer Ryunosuke Naruhodo, his trusty legal aide, Susato Mikotoba, the inimitable detective, Herlock Sholmes, young genius Iris Wilson, and a wide variety of weird and wonderful characters. Ten cases chock full of intriguing mysteries and courtroom mayhem await you, set against the backdrop of 19th century Japan and England.

Before Phoenix, there was Ryunosuke. Seems like being an ace attorney runs in the family after all.

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles comes to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Steam on July 27th, 2021!

More info: https://www.ace-attorney.com/great1-2/

Tremendous, albeit expected, news. I haven't been this excited for a Switch game since Smash.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyWed 21 Apr 2021 - 17:10

That explains why 'Herlock Sholmes' is trending on Twitter. (And as Kate Gray points out on Nintendo Life, "Sherlock Holmes is in the public domain, they really didn't have to do this.")

Better finish Trials and Tribulations before the 27th of July!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyWed 21 Apr 2021 - 17:15

Keen as for me this could be a good starting point
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyWed 21 Apr 2021 - 18:52

Can't believe you've not played one of these. They're visual novels: surely that slots straight into 'Mas games'?

Rum wrote:
That explains why 'Herlock Sholmes' is trending on Twitter. (And as Kate Gray points out on Nintendo Life, "Sherlock Holmes is in the public domain, they really didn't have to do this.")

Better finish Trials and Tribulations before the 27th of July!

I do agree with Kate's other comment (in the, er, comments), that she likes the goofiness of 'Herlock Sholmes'. Also I'd rather differentiate real Sherlock from hangs-around-with-a-little-girl Sherlock. (DIGRESSION ALERT: I read this and then saw your signature as talking about BioSherlock Infinite, which I would definitely play.)

Yep! Never even mind TGAAC, you should just do that.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyWed 21 Apr 2021 - 23:38

FUCK. YES.

I mean, I've been excited about Monster Hunter so I can't say this is my most anticipated game but I am KEEN.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyThu 22 Apr 2021 - 17:37

Is a Mas game, just back on DS don't think I played these sorts of games as I would have been dudebro 360 then and just not gone back to them, even though been available on modern systems.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyFri 23 Apr 2021 - 20:48

Well, this might be a good place to jump in - but I reckon the stories and gameplay, if not the visuals, from the original trilogy still hold up today if you ever fancy them.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyFri 23 Apr 2021 - 23:51

At last! This has been rumoured for a good while, so I'm glad to see it actually exists and isn't just another cruel rumour. It's been ages since I've played an Ace Attorney game considering I skipped double-dipping on the trilogy when it got ported to modern platforms - I think my last one was SoJ back when I marathoned the series and did an AA cast with Balla and Zero.

Rum wrote:
(And as Kate Gray points out on Nintendo Life, "Sherlock Holmes is in the public domain, they really didn't have to do this.")

Some of the books are, some aren't - from what I've read, the Conan Doyle estate is notoriously protective of the character and has sued people over elements of Holmes's character which are present in the copywrited works but aren't in the public domain works. I think there was a Netflix movie which landed in legal hot water recently, so it's probably Capcom playing it safe. Plus, it fits with how silly some of the Ace Attorney character names have been in the past.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptySun 25 Apr 2021 - 19:28

The Conan Doyle estate sound like a right bunch of dickheads. Eurogamer did an article about the whole affair. I do like a spoonerism so I'm into the ridiculousness of Sholmes.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyMon 26 Apr 2021 - 15:22

Rum wrote:
The Conan Doyle estate sound like a right bunch of dickheads.

A family of Brits desperately clinging to money they only have because of a dead ancestor? Dick heads? Surely not!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyMon 26 Apr 2021 - 19:01

JayMoyles wrote:
...I think my last one was SoJ back when I marathoned the series and did an AA cast with Balla and Zero.

We'll need to get the gang back together.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyTue 27 Apr 2021 - 2:03

I think I'm gonna dig up all my old case reviews, tidy them up as scripts, and reheat them as youtube content.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyThu 17 Jun 2021 - 12:28

This was in the Japanese Direct and the Capcom showing. It's looking good but if you're like me and don't want it digital then Amazon USA will import the USA version to the UK, it does come to $47 which is £33.69, so basically same as what it is in the UK on the eShop.

Only thing be the wait, but nice surprise when it arrives.

Edit I didn't take VAT into account which Amazon do apply, still it's £8 more than UK eShop for a physical version, which if I don't like I can put on eBay.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyMon 21 Jun 2021 - 19:12

I know that not liking this will not be a problem for me and I want it day one (ha ha ha funny joke I want it now), so I'm happy enough to get digital. Would rather get a retail copy, natch. This is an event.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyTue 22 Jun 2021 - 2:16

I'll probably be dipping into this on train rides and lunch breaks and before bed, so digital is fairly logical.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyWed 30 Jun 2021 - 22:20

Ninty Life gone and done a preview. It looks like it might be taking the Monster Hunter approach to new elements.

Also: lots of British people being racist towards the Japanese. Where do they get these ideas... Shifty
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyWed 30 Jun 2021 - 23:16

Thanks to that, seen 365games have it in stock for £36 on that instead of getting from Amazon USA.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyThu 1 Jul 2021 - 3:02

Basically, everything she lists as a flaw sounds like a bonus to me! I like the other games best when I ignore the Japalifornia translation stuff and just accept them as being set in Japan.

Balladeer wrote:
Kate Grey gone and done a preview.  
Fixed it for you. What is Nintendo Life? Why does anyone care? It's another website in a sea of disinterest.
Yet the writer is Kate Grey. ONM alumn, disciple of Matthew, would have been NGamer if it had lived, fantastic writer.

Balladeer wrote:
lots of British people being racist towards the Japanese.  Where do they get these ideas... Shifty
England is a shit country and I hate it but also, simultaneously, it's coming home.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyThu 1 Jul 2021 - 16:18

Racism?  Got plenty of it at home already thanks.

Buskalilly wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Kate Grey gone and done a preview.  
Fixed it for you. What is Nintendo Life? Why does anyone care? It's another website in a sea of disinterest.
Yet the writer is Kate Grey. ONM alumn, disciple of Matthew, would have been NGamer if it had lived, fantastic writer.
On the one hand, this is right and proper.  Kate is tremendous and embodies the NGamer spirit, and if we're honest is by a distance the best writer NL has - and yes, she wrote it.  On the other hand, in a sea of disinterest, it's praiseworthy that NL have let her write in the style she does rather than trying to stifle it, and even more so that they've let her write things like this.  Kate first, but praise both.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyWed 21 Jul 2021 - 18:53

LESS THAN A WEEK TO GO EEEEEEEE

Does anybody know when eShop pre-orders unlock? Am I going to be able to play it first thing Tuesday morning before work, or will I have to wait?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyWed 21 Jul 2021 - 19:16

Depends on the game like Cris Tales was 2pm yesterday in UK as was same time worldwide.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyTue 27 Jul 2021 - 18:24

I've played the first half of the first relative chonker of a case. It's really good! Okay this is not surprising, but it's... taken a much more dramatic direction than I expected. Ryunosuke isn't as funny as Phoenix, sadly, but otherwise it's more of the same glorious stuff.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyTue 27 Jul 2021 - 18:42

I finished Trials and Tribulations yesterday (will try and remember to put something in the Last Game You Finished thread soon) so I'm all good to go for Ace Attorney Chronicles!... though I might not buy it immediately. Happy to see the reception has generally been really positive though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyWed 28 Jul 2021 - 21:52

Well, I'm three cases in, so some preliminary thoughts:
- It really doesn't feel like I'm three cases in.  So far I haven't had a single case where (mild structural spoilers I suppose) there's been both a trial and an examination.  With another game to come that doesn't seem so bad, though.  I do hope we have at least one epic multi-day trial.
- The art design has taken a turn for the Layton vs. Wright.  A lot of the characters are simpler designs rather than full-on anime.
- Sherl- Sorry, Herlock Sholmes is proving rather difficult to bear.  Baron von Zieks on the other hand, the fine chap in my avatar, is the best prosecutor since Godot.  Stronghart's good and sus as hell, Susato is much more useful than Maya, and the Japanese detective is... there I suppose.
- The new court gimmicks are class.

Looking forward to more, but at the moment it feels like second-tier AA rather than T&T, SoJ, AAI2 absolute top-tier.  Second-tier is still good, but... honestly I probably got my hopes up a bit too far.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality EmptyThu 29 Jul 2021 - 0:37

This was inevitable, buddy . . .

I've downloaded, I'm excited!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality   The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality Empty

Back to top Go down

The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Court in a Landslide, No Escape From Reality
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next