We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)

Go down 
+22
SquidgyGoat
Rum
Cube
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
Jimbob
oldschool
JayMoyles
awesomedude
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
shanks
beemoh
Dusty Knackers
Treesmurf
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Admin
fronkhead
Fancy Fancy
Axis1500
The_Jaster
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 23 EmptyWed 31 Dec 2014 - 14:30

Even though I don't play my 3ds much I still really enjoyed this years games Smile & for me a year can be made great with just one game. (quality over quantity)

balla wrote:
So what is probably the best 3DS game of the year is a remake, and it looks like the same may be true for next year

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate says hello. Wave
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 23 EmptyWed 31 Dec 2014 - 20:03

That's a remake though
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 23 EmptyWed 31 Dec 2014 - 22:00

Balladeer wrote:
Again, we come to personal taste.  I didn't get on with the "-blox" series, and I found Steamworld Dig barely above average.  Gunman Clive was quality, though, and if GC2 comes out next year, that'll better all of 2014's offerings combined.

I wouldn't say so here. While I definitely realise that 2014 has had quite a lot of Nintendo-published 3DS software in the west, and a sprinkling of third parties, what I was hinting at with my eShop list is the volume of noteworthy games that were released.

2014 just hasn't seen so many high profile indie releases, the only one I can actually think of is Shovel Knight (I don't think Siesta Fiesta is high profile!).
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 23 EmptyFri 2 Jan 2015 - 1:17

masofdas wrote:
That's a remake though

I've only got one question for you, when did it release in Europe?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 23 EmptyFri 2 Jan 2015 - 16:39

It didn't but it's still a remake, no different to Final Fantasy Type-O coming or Danganronpa which has been
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 23 EmptyFri 2 Jan 2015 - 16:47

Firstly that's ridiculous from a content perspective, those 2 don't have the same amount of new content as MH4U. Secondly I've considered both Danganronpa games as new and will be considering Type 0 as new because I have had no possible way to play it before, let alone in english. Thirdly the 3DS isn't region free, so MH4U is TOTALLY new to the west.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 23 EmptyFri 2 Jan 2015 - 17:00

What's the amount of content have to do with anything, it looks like a lot has been done to FFT-OHD over it's PSP counter parts and like we said about Earthbound when that came to the VC we didn't vote for it in the Wii U awards as if we all wanted to play it we could of imported it and that's no different to MH4. I could of easily bought a Jap New 3DS for instance and be playing it, if I really wanted to. So to me the only true new game we know coming to the 3DS is Code Name STEAM.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 23 EmptySat 3 Jan 2015 - 18:39

masofdas wrote:
It didn't but it's still a remake, no different to Final Fantasy Type-O coming or Danganronpa which has been

e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 23 Laughter
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 23 EmptySat 3 Jan 2015 - 21:07

I don't get how it's funny, it's my opinion a remake is a remake even if we've not before.

I'm still excited for the game and the other remakes as well coming to 3DS and a few on other systems like Final Fantasy Type-0 HD.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 23 EmptySun 4 Jan 2015 - 4:09

It's funny because you're wrong Laughing a remake is something that changes very little to the core experience of the game (mainly just visual adjustments) so things like TR:DE, sleeping dogs: DE & TLoU: remastered, the difference from MH4 to 4 ultimate is a massive one so to call it the same game is laughable in fact a quick google & I found a list of the new content in comparison to MH4.

List of new stuff:

So the core experience of the game has totally changed so it's more of an enhancement than a remake.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 23 EmptySun 4 Jan 2015 - 8:27

Looks to be on a similar scale as the changes from Ruby/Sapphire to ORAS to me. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 23 EmptySun 4 Jan 2015 - 9:06

What Balla said

We might call it different things like a enhanced version or a port, a remaster, a hd, a goty edition but there all based of the same original thing.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 23 EmptySun 4 Jan 2015 - 11:42

I know on paper & the uninitiated that might not look like a lot but trust me it is, having never played pokemon I can't say if that's a fair comparison or not either but I'm going to guess it's a no as you are talking about hundreds of hours worth of content being added (to 4U) & the structure being totally changed.

None of that should matter anyway since it's never even been released here, anyhow let me put it this way if you had two people playing MH4 & 4U respectively could they hunt the same monster & attain all the same equipment?

No.

(side note: I've also said my piece on this & you can think what you want but I'll continue to find it amusing at how wrong you are.   Smile )
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 23 EmptySun 4 Jan 2015 - 11:48

I'm not wrong it's my opinion and how I feel about the game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 23 EmptySun 4 Jan 2015 - 11:54

Opinions aren't immune from being wrong, I know a lot about the MH series & I have backed up my argument with facts not my opinions.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 23 EmptySun 4 Jan 2015 - 12:01

I agree you no a lot on it and it's adding a load of content but it's still the same core game right with a load more content. Same with pokemon same core game but added mega's, new engine, new story elements during after the game that all add a lot to it, I gather it's the same with MH.

So I think were going to have to agree to disagree as you might laugh at my opinion but it's still how I feel and won't be budged from it.

Also does all this matter I'm still buying the game and going to play it.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 23 EmptySun 4 Jan 2015 - 12:18

The Story for Pokemon doesn't really change.. It's still go around beat the bad team and become champion.. And well it'd be a bit worrying if they didn't change said engine either, people would probably kick up more of a stink now if it still looked like the originals.

As for the comparison of Pokemon to MH well I've only really scratched the surface of 4 so I can't say for sure.. But I will just say nope..
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 23 EmptySun 4 Jan 2015 - 12:27

Story might be the same but there is stuff added to it, monster hunter 4 ultimate might have more monsters to plain old 4 but still the same core game from what's been surely.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 23 EmptySun 4 Jan 2015 - 12:30

The core of it is exactly the same
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 23 EmptySun 4 Jan 2015 - 13:23

Surely, the changes from Monster Hunter 3 (tri) Ultimate to 4 are more important to us?

I mean, you can climb on monsters now right? Also, the terrain is improved so it doesn't feel like you are fighting on a flat landscape anymore right?

Look, I hardly know anything about 4 but if these two points alone are true, the game has evolved more than Pokemon. At least in the transition from B/W 2 to X/Y and OR/AS. I mean, Mega Evolution has changed what? A little animation and improved stats? Psh.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 23 EmptySun 4 Jan 2015 - 16:35

Vidofnir wrote:
Surely, the changes from Monster Hunter 3 (tri) Ultimate to 4 are more important to us?

I mean, you can climb on monsters now right? Also, the terrain is improved so it doesn't feel like you are fighting on a flat landscape anymore right?

Look, I hardly know anything about 4 but if these two points alone are true, the game has evolved more than Pokemon. At least in the transition from B/W 2 to X/Y and OR/AS. I mean, Mega Evolution has changed what? A little animation and improved stats? Psh.

^
THIS.
---

The structure of G rank MH games change quite a bit where new monsters are inserted into high rank & then you usually have brand new ones in G rank so as far as quests go the core game isn't the same as your progression is completely different, here's an example: In Tri on wii the end game of the village quests was defeat Ceadeus which then unlocks 7 special quests for you to do whereas in 3 ultimate for wii U after Ceadeus it adds High rank which is 60+ quests & that's without talking about how different the online portion of the game is.

If you had played the game as much as I have you would see why I find your opinion funny, it's nothing personal it's just that the games aren't the same at all.

---

Anyhow I think we've clogged up this thread too much with MH chatter (You're all welcome to discuss it more in the MH4U thread if anyone else as any more to add) so let's get back to e shop stuff eh?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 23 EmptySun 4 Jan 2015 - 17:40

To me it sounds like they've added what would of been a expansion pack if this was a old PC game adding more quests etc.

It don't find it funny at all though that you take the piss out of my opinion on this though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 23 EmptySun 4 Jan 2015 - 19:08

Friendliest corner of the Internet, chaps. Let's all get along and respect each other. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 23 EmptySun 4 Jan 2015 - 22:46

I'd consider Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate a bit like Dead or Alive 5 Last Round or Ultra Street Fighter IV (or this rumoured Smash Bros 6 which Namco were recruiting for), but of course on a much larger scale due to its genre.

You're getting a refined, improved version of Monster Hunter 4 with heaps more content that's tailored for those who play the games for hours upon end whilst offering people who never bought the original an even better deal in the first place.

I don't consider it a remake or rerelease because of the above.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 23 EmptySun 4 Jan 2015 - 22:52

That is a great comparison fronk, but wouldn't most think dead or alive 5 last round as a enhanced release though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)    e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)   - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

e ShOP diSCuSSioN (Fixed the title for ye mas)
Page 23 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next