We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last game you finished and your thoughts

Go down 
+27
The Christ
Cube
Buskalilly
ZeroSuitSamus2
awesomedude
Rum
ShadoWolf
SuperPaperLink
Vidofnir
mandlecreed
beemoh
Dusty Knackers
The Cappuccino Kid
NintenDUCK
Jimbob
Treesmurf
Admin
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
fronkhead
Balladeer
Silver light
nupkin
ZeroJones
Athrun888
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 22 EmptyTue 1 Apr 2014 - 20:50

Oh, it won't be for a while.  I'm gonna play through my stack of unplaced games, then try and do at least the first Dark Souls, then I want to do a proper Metal Gear marathon, starting with Snake Eater. If there still haven't been any new releases by then ill do the trilogy from scratch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 22 EmptyTue 1 Apr 2014 - 22:02

I'm going to agree with Buska the characters in MGS are better but the overall thing of 1-3 of ME are just great and you know what's going on.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 22 EmptyTue 1 Apr 2014 - 23:14

I know exactly what's going on in Metal Gear, apart from the deliberately vague ending to MGS2 which they went and made unambiguous in 4 anyway.
But yeah, ME is a very nice package, which I assume continues into three.

Both hideously adolescent in the way they portray women, visually if not in the writing.
Highly trained doctor who is the leader in her field and dying of terminal cancer:

Top-ranking official in covert organisation with super-powers and a touching backstory:

The world's greatest sniper who longed to die in the battlefield, wearing what she wore into BATTLE in the ALASKAN SNOW:

Old warrior-piestess on a galaxy-spanning quest for justice who tragically has to hunt down her own dangerous daughter:

I could go on. Now admittedly there are equally gratuitous moments for several buff, manly men but with women the camera lingers on their ass or their lips or their hips or their chest once per scene, and it applies to every character. It's a problem in the whole videogame medium, and in comic books and blockbuster movies and so on, but it still undermimes these stories.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 22 EmptyTue 1 Apr 2014 - 23:30

La Li Lu Le Lo

You Forgot:

There does seem to some less of it though just of the top of my head there's Elizabeth, Jodie, Ellie, New Lara whom aren't are as sexualities compared to some.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 22 EmptyTue 1 Apr 2014 - 23:47

Haven't met Quiet yet, and gave Eva a pass because she was purposefully using her sexuality to get to Snake.
Some games are certainly doing it better but even so, our whole culture has a ways to go. Just look at how few games/ films pass the Bechdel test.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 22 EmptyWed 2 Apr 2014 - 7:55

Wooo, feminism in games talk! Grin I don't know much about Mass Effect, but agreed with Mas (Effect) that Quiet looks flipping ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 22 EmptyWed 2 Apr 2014 - 8:26

Right, I better pack this in and go play bayonetta before I lose my bad boy image.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 22 EmptyWed 2 Apr 2014 - 8:57

Aww. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 22 EmptyWed 2 Apr 2014 - 10:43

Other than regular shots of Miranda's bum I don't think the game is too unequal. I've definitely seen Shepard checking out Kaidens bum on a few occasions. I never thought anything was as bad as the press R1 to stare at boobs or the weird seeing through clothing bits in Peace Walker.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 22 EmptyWed 2 Apr 2014 - 12:25

No, mass effect is pretty good. The problem is that it gets so far and then doesn't quite finish the job. So it has a lot of female characters but they're still all supermodels.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 22 EmptyWed 2 Apr 2014 - 12:29

To be fair you've got to be pretty fit to be in open combat so they aren't going to be fat slobs. Also there's no way you're going to say a Turian/Krogan/Batarian/Vorcha/Volus/Elcor/Hanar female is a buff ting.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 22 EmptyWed 2 Apr 2014 - 12:35

Yeah In the ME universe you can have gay relationships and there's the openly gay character in 3.

So you can see Kaiden in the buff if you want to.

Yeah Quiet is pretty much the same thing as sniper wolf apart from she can't talk and her skin has some protective thing, which makes the no clothes make total sense.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 2 Apr 2014 - 19:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 22 EmptyWed 2 Apr 2014 - 13:51

Seeing what I saw on Google images when I did that post just now... mass effect was impressively restrained...
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 22 EmptyWed 2 Apr 2014 - 16:01

That's all the levels found, struggled against and eventually beat in Sonic Lost World on Wii U.

It took me a while to warm to it, but on reflection I can say that I quite liked this. True, it can be a very uneven game, but it's definitely beatable, as well as (for the most part) fun, varied and fresh. If you're done with Mario 3D World, give this a bash.

7/10
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 22 EmptyWed 2 Apr 2014 - 22:49

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright - Ace Attorney

Almost everything you've heard in the reviews is true. The good points: it's got the gameplay of both Wright and Layton; the multi-witness interrogations shake the trials up effectively; the soundtracks contains some great tunes from both series; and you can tell that Takumi's back behind that pen. But also the bad: the two types of gameplay very seldom intermingle; each on its own is easier than their component series; and nobody gives a toss about Labyrinthia, or its inhabitants. So all I can add to that is the subjectivity of a big Wright > Layton fan.

I'll admit, that's a generalising statement. The best Layton game (Lost Future, I think, over Azran) is better than the worst Wright game (JfA beats out Apollo for this one). But I've grown tired of sliding block puzzles, guess-the-logic-tricks, and Level 5's ham-fisted attempts to fit them into a story; so Layton only works for me now when there's a cracking plot and good side-characters (Don Paolo, Descolé, Future Luke) behind it. While PLvPW's plot isn't awful, its characters are: with the exception of some in-trial bits, Phoenix and especially Maya are the only breaks from the dull-as-ditchwater Laybirinthians. Luke and Espella are even worse than most. Takumi's writing can't pick up all the slack, and so the Layton half of the game is a bit shown-up. The Wright sections are as good as ever, though, although the very first such remains the best chapter in the game.

Oh, and one thing others have said that you shouldn't believe: those who say that it's like a Layton game and a Wright game stapled together. Each usually takes me about 15h. This took me about 17.

At the start of the story, I was thinking that maybe this dynamic duo should get another chance in London or LA, with more of the more iconic side-characters used. Having finished the game, I feel that Level 5 did the right thing, putting Layton and (more so) Luke on a big red London bus. As for Phoenix... Is Sissel free for a crossover?

7/10
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 22 EmptyThu 3 Apr 2014 - 1:02

StreetPass Mansion.

The best way to do StreetPass games, pairing some good gameplay with a leveling up and customisation so much that it makes you want to go out and get more hits. Well presented too, really captured the feel of the StreetPass games and some amusing character names chucked in for good measure. A bit more variety in enemies towards the end would have been nice but it's a minor niggle.

8/10
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 22 EmptyThu 3 Apr 2014 - 9:13

StreetPass Mansion is now my favourite of the StreetPass games. Very fun indeed, with just enough depth to keep you coming back.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 22 EmptyThu 3 Apr 2014 - 22:50

Definitely worth the price, perhaps the only on of the extra Street Pass games I really want to get a sequel.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 22 EmptyFri 4 Apr 2014 - 23:16

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 22 Tumblr_n33ugkoEeT1rj6o6so1_1280
Pros
Oh my god, those graphics! Looks absolutely incredible on PS3, never mind newer machines. Top stuff.
Perfect controls/ gameplay. Reaction time is neat.
Great sound design, as ever. Kinda miss David Hayter, but this is a much darker game, and an older, very different Snake. It makes he sense he wouldn't sound the same as his future son.
Has something to say, and says it without pulling punches. Good on Kojima.

Cons
I have to wait now for Phantom Pain.
(I was going to put a load of sarcastic ones but I can't be bothered to further that whole dumb debate. This game was ace and even though I "completed" it in under two hours, I know there is loads I haven't played.)
10/10
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 22 EmptyFri 4 Apr 2014 - 23:24

Under 2 hour's is that just the GZ mission or all the missions.

And if you think it looks good on PS3, your mind would be blown by the PS4 version.

The thing about Phantom Pain I know it's coming to PS360 & PS4ONE, I just can't see how they make what we know of phantom pain on PS360 without compromises. As GZ is such a small game they can use all that disc to get on there but PP not sure.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 22 EmptyFri 4 Apr 2014 - 23:45

When is PP supposed to ship? Because hopefully I might have a PS4 by then.
Yeah, just GZ obviously! I'm only human.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 22 EmptyFri 4 Apr 2014 - 23:55

Rumor is early 2015,

2hr's seemed a bit slow  Very Happy , and a 10/10 really as you gave MGS2 a 9/10. So where would you place MGSV:GZ in the grand schemes of the MG Series.

Or is the score based it's 2hr's it's the best 2hr's you'll ever get so it's a 10/10.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 22 EmptySat 5 Apr 2014 - 4:00

I really do love GZ, with 10 hours of play time on the clock I'm still finding new things or fun ways to play the missions, also being "slow" on the first time through doesnt mean you're bad at the game as when I got put into the world I just felt like exploring it & messing with the guards. (I believe my first completion on GZ was 2hrs 40mins)
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 22 EmptySat 5 Apr 2014 - 8:57

This review is brought to you in part by Balinski's Home Made Fish Paste - now in river shark flavour!

I'm ZeroJonesinet and now it's time for my thoughts on

BIT.TRIP Presents Runner2: Future Legend Of Rhythm Alien!

Or 'FLORA', as I called it. Initially it blew me away: the presentation is wacky, helped along by the aforeripped-off narration of Charles Martinet, and the concept is just fun: the music unfolds as you perform actions in the auto-running levels. After a while, though, its single trick begins to pall. Whilst most of the tunes are excellent, some do not work, particularly in the penultimate world. As your in-game actions service the songs, the difficulty curve is more uneven than my face. Every tune ends with the same four-note combo as you break the level's end-tape, whether it's appropriate or not. Worst of all for me, each level's final music-changing item rips away some of the layers of the tune you've carefully built up, just as it really got into its stride.

When it all comes together, though, BTPR2:FLORA is joyful. At the sale price I can wholeheartedly recommend it; at the full price, I hesitate.

7.5/10
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 22 EmptySat 5 Apr 2014 - 9:00

See the first the time around I played properly then second when looking for the XOF's patches is when i explored the world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last game you finished and your thoughts   Last game you finished and your thoughts - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last game you finished and your thoughts
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next