We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Devilish Brain Training - delayed :(

Go down 
+4
Admin
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Axis1500
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

Devilish Brain Training - delayed :( Empty
PostSubject: Devilish Brain Training - delayed :(   Devilish Brain Training - delayed :( EmptyTue 9 Apr 2013 - 3:37

Sigh.

I know it's not exactly the most exciting game, but I hate when companies pull a completed game just before launch.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/04/nintendo_confirms_dr_kawashimars_devilish_brain_training_delay

Can they just send us the streetpass puzzle?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Devilish Brain Training - delayed :(   Devilish Brain Training - delayed :( EmptyTue 9 Apr 2013 - 9:29

I echo your sigh. Was really looking forward to it. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Devilish Brain Training - delayed :(   Devilish Brain Training - delayed :( EmptyTue 9 Apr 2013 - 10:04

I can understand that if the game released this week, it might be overshadowed by other great titles (and me agonising over whether or not to pick up FEA); but if it releases in September, as GAME seem to suggest, that overshadowing would be a heck of a lot worse! If, on the other hand, it released during a games drought in summer, I might buy it.

But then I suppose we're not really the prime audience for this title. Ho hum.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Devilish Brain Training - delayed :(   Devilish Brain Training - delayed :( EmptyTue 9 Apr 2013 - 19:10

After seeing this review, I don't give a flying fart about this. Not that I did before, you understand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSmtgvBMc1I

And yes, I'm aware that CGR Undertow reviews aren't very comprehensive.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Devilish Brain Training - delayed :(   Devilish Brain Training - delayed :( EmptyTue 9 Apr 2013 - 19:49

The big kick is that DBT is a system seller - maybe not, as Balla says, to gamers like us, but certainly to people who would not buy Luigi's Mansion 2, or Fire Emblem Awakening, or Lego City Undercover: The Chase Begins.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Devilish Brain Training - delayed :(   Devilish Brain Training - delayed :( EmptyTue 9 Apr 2013 - 21:17

Is it still a system seller, though? As that review said: the original Brain Training was a hit well before everybody and his dog had at least five smartphones each.

Nintendo haven't shouted about Nintendogs this handheld generation, after all.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Devilish Brain Training - delayed :(   Devilish Brain Training - delayed :( EmptyTue 9 Apr 2013 - 22:25

Probably not in vast numbers, no. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Devilish Brain Training - delayed :(   Devilish Brain Training - delayed :( EmptyWed 10 Apr 2013 - 0:27

In a cruel twist of fate, I had found myself getting into the DS original over the last few weeks, and as a result had decided to place a pre-order for this last Friday.

That's two games (this and Scribblenauts Unlimited) this year that I've wanted that have been taken away from me on the week of release. Bandit.
Back to top Go down
Fancy Fancy
FMK Tagline
Fancy Fancy

PostSubject: Re: Devilish Brain Training - delayed :(   Devilish Brain Training - delayed :( EmptyThu 11 Apr 2013 - 11:59

ZeroJones wrote:
I echo your sigh. Was really looking forward to it. Aww!

Me too. Also, where is Sudoku by Nikoli! Confused
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Devilish Brain Training - delayed :(   Devilish Brain Training - delayed :( EmptyWed 17 Apr 2013 - 21:38

Just started the US version of this. No videos can prepare you for how absolutely tough this game is.
Apparently, I have a brain of a 70 year old, and if I want to share that info with the world, I can send it to others via Streetpass. How nice! Shocked
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Devilish Brain Training - delayed :(   Devilish Brain Training - delayed :( EmptyMon 1 Sep 2014 - 21:43

I'm guessing this game has been cancelled indefinitely for Europe?

This is strange because I was reminded of its existence when rewatching an older Nintendo Direct a few weeks ago: Shibata was playing it and the in-game voice commands had a British accent, implying localisation work was either completed or moving along at the time.

Heck, I'd even welcome it coming back as a cheaper download-only game if they really want to sell it in the end as a quieter release with no marketing budget assuming all the work has been done. Seems like the perfect game to have its own permanent place on the home menu.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Devilish Brain Training - delayed :(   Devilish Brain Training - delayed :( EmptyWed 3 Sep 2014 - 7:11

It's about time this came out. Barring a lot of late announcements, there's not much out on 3DS this holiday season (though Smash and Pokémon ORAS may be enough to be getting on with!)... let Dr. Kawashima fly free, please!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Devilish Brain Training - delayed :(   Devilish Brain Training - delayed :( EmptyWed 5 Jul 2017 - 20:08

RESURRECTION!

Tried the demo of this and maybe it's my mind becoming frail but this seemed brutal, started off ok but as soon as the difficulty was ramped up I crumbled under the pressure. Think I'll go for it though, love a bit of brain training when I get in to it and I reckon this might be quite good when I get the hang of it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Devilish Brain Training - delayed :(   Devilish Brain Training - delayed :( EmptySat 22 Jul 2017 - 11:31

I've played, beaten and deleted the demo. Slightly more tempted to get it than I was, as my enthusiasm had totally drained during the many, many years of waiting. There's a version of Dr. Mario on there, which could be fun. If there's Sudoku, too, I'll be sorely tempted. Final thought: Dr. Kawashima is a disembodied head with a floating pair of hands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devilish Brain Training - delayed :(   Devilish Brain Training - delayed :( Empty

Back to top Go down

Devilish Brain Training - delayed :(
Page 1 of 1