We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Final Fantasy

Go down 
+9
Jimbob
Kinitawowi
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
Silver light
Balladeer
masofdas
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Final Fantasy - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Jun 2016 - 10:41

Final Fantasy XII is coming to PS4 in 2017, anyone played it? It's a FF that I've missed due to the fact it's been stuck on PS2.

It could be a bit of a JRPG overload on the PS4 within the next 12 month's, what a system for fans of the genre.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Jun 2016 - 12:24

It's only recently come to my attention that some folk rate XII really highly - VII always seemed to be held up as the best game of evar. It must be something about a Roman numeral that has two I's at the end. Winky Face In any case, it's good for the folk who want to play it again... or who've never played it before!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Jun 2016 - 18:50

I've never paid too much attention to XII because of its automated battle system being a bit intimidating to look at, but I did love XIII's battle system so this may be worth a look. Although, I may need a break from JRPGs after Persona 5 and FFXV.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyMon 6 Jun 2016 - 22:30

JayMoyles wrote:
I've never paid too much attention to XII because of its automated battle system being a bit intimidating to look at, but I did love XIII's battle system so this may be worth a look. Although, I may need a break from JRPGs after Persona 5 and FFXV.

I wouldn't get you're hopes up for Persona 5 in Europe any time soon, hopefully it gets dated for USA at least seeing it's at E3.

I hear the battle system in FFXII is a bit like Xenoblade's which makes me Sulk

Update
World of Final Fantasy is coming October for PS4 & VITA
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyWed 8 Jun 2016 - 19:42

masofdas wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

I wouldn't get you're hopes up for Persona 5 in Europe any time soon, hopefully it gets dated for USA at least seeing it's at E3.

Trust me to come on the forum and gush about potentially enjoying Persona sometime this year and then for it to be delayed. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyWed 8 Jun 2016 - 19:45

Well it never actually ever got a date for the west also gives us time to play FFXV, WoFF and Kingdom Hearts II.8HD.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyThu 9 Jun 2016 - 9:46

Final Fantasy XII's system is both automated and the same thing as IV-IX at the same time.

It's a strange animal honestly, you can give commands to your team like a turn based system (the game even allows for the entire battle to pause when selecting a command further bolstering the "turn based" feel of it) or you can give your team custom conditions that essentially allow you to set up an AI (target enemy under 20% health, use Aero on flying enemy, stuff like that, and the order of the commands tells the AI what to prioritize in battles).

Honestly it's the only ff game I feel deserves the high praise of the series, the sheer ambition of it! The scale! Everything was perfection!

As for Persona, we're never getting it here in the pal region anyway so the delay doesn't even matter honestly.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyThu 9 Jun 2016 - 17:37

Doesn't really matter if we get or not in PAL regions as PS3 & 4 our region free, that I've got my Take Your Heart Edition preordered.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyWed 3 Aug 2016 - 16:54

Square Enix, I want to like you I really do but you take 10 years to make FFXV and then you go and do a season pass.

Not much is known at the moment but from the Japanesse PSN it looks like it will have for about £20
Booster Pack
Episode Gladiolus
Holiday Pack
Episode Ignis
Episode Prompto
Expansion Pack

Character side quests might be cool, I would think like some the Pack's don't add much but Expansion Pack could be something quite big.

But the real thing is just finish the dam game before you start making extra content or is it cut content to make as DLC.

I've got the Special Edition of FFXV which may come with the season pass but I'm doubtful.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyWed 3 Aug 2016 - 17:05

The 10-year time frame is what's to blame for the season pass, says I: having spent that long in production they must have spent megayen and need to recoup that somehow.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyWed 3 Aug 2016 - 17:32

Then need to sell 10m SKU's to break even from what Square has sort of said, I don't know if the season pass based on how many people take the plunge they now need to only need to sell 8m SKU's for instance and that is a better way to regroup the cost, like you say Zero as they might not think they'll shift 10m SKU's of FFXV.

As no Final Fantasy has ever sold 10m SKU's
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy - Page 4 EmptySun 14 Aug 2016 - 11:10

Delayed it seems, it's like Square wanto to give me fuel for my article.
Final Fantasy - Page 4 Medium
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy - Page 4 EmptySun 14 Aug 2016 - 12:25

A delay to Final Fantasy XV is about as surprising as a Mo Farah gold medal. Winky Face That said, there's also this to remember.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy - Page 4 EmptySun 14 Aug 2016 - 12:34

Yeah and what's another 2 months on a 10 year wait, this might not be Square though coming out November against some of the big hitters, I know different genres but still going to be some crossover which makes them recouping the costs of the game even less likely.

Maybe a season pass would help Winky Face with that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy - Page 4 EmptySat 27 Aug 2016 - 10:18

More FFXV news and we now know it will be open world for the 1st half of the game then becomes linear due to the story and we may get more DLC after the Season Pass or not in the Season Pass.

I heard good things from peeps that played the game at gamescom but every time someone opens their mouths, I'm like urghh

That World of Final Fantasy is now I'm looking forward to sightly more as it's a bit silly.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyMon 10 Oct 2016 - 21:51

Having beaten Super Hexagon, I'm fulfilling the promise I made to Jayseph in the Admintendo of recent vintage by taking up FFVII again. I'm currently putting together a new outfit for Cloud, which might tell you how far into the game I am. I'm going to try to be more positive towards it - not least because it's the only gamer's game left on my mobile! - but I make no promises.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyMon 10 Oct 2016 - 21:56

I'm only slightly further ahead of you from where I left off with the port on PS4.

It's a game I should go back to it but I've not done so in 20 years, so what's another 20.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyTue 18 Oct 2016 - 21:27

Just finished the World of Final Fantasy demo which was slightly different to the one at EGX as it was more fleshed out over 30mins and not 5.

Anyway guess what it's better then both Duscae and Platinum demo's of FFXV, only thing is you can sort of tell it's a VITA game ported over to PS4 but hey if the gameplay is solid then it's no real issue.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy - Page 4 EmptySun 8 Jan 2017 - 10:28

After careful consideration I've decided to get FFVII again for my hudl. This will free up a butt-ton of space on my precious phone and give me a bigger screen to get to grips with those stupid overlaid buttons on, in addition to meaning I am most likely to play it in the comfort of my own home for as long as I want, so getting between save points won't be quite so frantic. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy - Page 4 EmptySun 8 Jan 2017 - 14:39

Hope it goes well this time, especially with game now being 20 this year (I feel old) and you can move on to the the FF games on Droid (What about PC for likes of FFVII) .
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyTue 31 Jan 2017 - 11:47

Thanks Square for just this lovely picture
Final Fantasy - Page 4 Large
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 9:40

Triple Combo

FFVII Remake is just vaporware isn't after finding out a few days ago that it and Kingdom Hearts III are likely 3 years away, with FFVII sounding like it's in trouble as well.

I doubt either even come to PS4 now as if both were to come 2020, the PS4 would be VII years old.

I think it's time to start waiting for FFXVI instead.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 13:31

I honestly can't think of a more incompetent producer of big-budget console games right now than Square Enix. At this point they might as well start adding "Coming in ten years time!" to their trailers! Laughing

Still at least we've got the new Zodiac Age release of Final Fantasy XII, which if I'm honest is probably going to be better than anything else Square could release nowadays anyway.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 17:14

FFXV was great but felt like a JPRG made for a Western audience, which I will comeback to when I'm done with Persona 5.

I wonder if all the episodes of FFVII Remake will be out by the games 30th anniversary in 2027.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy - Page 4 EmptyWed 31 May 2017 - 18:05

At this point it's probably best to go backwards and play any games in the series that you've missed. Waiting for VII and - heaven help us - XVI might be a while. Meh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy   Final Fantasy - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next