We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wii U news thread

Go down 
+25
SquidgyGoat
Solve My Maze
Fancy Fancy
Rattlecat
JayMoyles
Cube
oldschool
Athrun888
NintenDUCK
Dusty Knackers
Jimbob
Axis1500
fronkhead
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
masofdas
Sentinator
beemoh
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Admin
shanks
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Wii U news thread - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 22 EmptySun 12 Jan 2014 - 22:17

The_Jaster wrote:
Aye if its a big franchise I suppose it would bring more folk to wii U I just think it will be spun into a negative against Nintendo.

So people would hate Wii u for having a good exclusive? Nintendo just need to stop going on the internet, people are stupid (not necessarily you Jas, the people you're on about).
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 22 EmptySun 12 Jan 2014 - 23:16

Axis1500 wrote:
So, EuroGamer/Digital Foundry wrote an article about an Anonymous developer talking about how hard the Wii U was to develop for. The article has nothing that sensational in it, but it was used in some quarters as more Wii U hate fuel.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-secret-developers-wii-u-the-inside-story

Due to some insane detective work / lateral thinking, my friend makes a rather compelling case that the dev in question is Criterion / EA talking about NFSMWU. This makes sense because Nintendo fan Alex Ward just left Criterion, and as we know, there's no love lost between EA / Nintendo.

http://www.doomedsince1889.com/2014/01/12/digital-foundrys-secret-developers-the-wii-u-story-anonymous-developer-exposed/

EDIT: Since I posted this, I contacted the writer with more info and they now thank me in the credits LOL.

Interesting stuff. Though a great game, I'd have had more sympathy with "the secret developer" had their game not been a somewhat-rejigged port of a six-month old PC game, sold at an inflated price and - most importantly - been so, so unavailable. Seriously, I've never seen a copy of Most Wanted U out in the wild. I remember the European Miiverse page going radge about the fact that nowhere had any stock of it on launch day.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 22 EmptyMon 13 Jan 2014 - 11:51

I've heard a different story - same developer, but that the game is ME3. I haven't read the article (it's a tad long), so I can't give an opinion either way myself.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 22 EmptyMon 13 Jan 2014 - 12:23

Hard to sympathise there as well. Guys like Cube have emphasised before that Mass Effect 3 is an incomplete game when taken out of the trilogy. I think it was even older and pricier than NFSMWU when it eventually came out on Wii U, too. I'm surprised we didn't get more EA ports on Wii U (Grand Slam Tennis 2, SSX and The Sims 3, amongst others, would have been quick and cheap to port, surely?), but that's not to say I'm disappointed.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 22 EmptyMon 13 Jan 2014 - 12:44

I don't give two figs about the games suggested, or indeed EA as a whole. The problem is if that's reflective of how other companies think. (Even then, in 99% of cases that's not going to be a problem for me personally, but I can see why it'd hurt others' perceptions of the console and hence Nintendo's sales figures.)
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 22 EmptyMon 13 Jan 2014 - 13:20

Balladeer wrote:
I don't give two figs about the games suggested, or indeed EA as a whole.

The problem is if that's reflective of how Wii U gamers think, surely? If that's the general attitude of Nintendo gamers then it's no wonder EA haven't committed to Wii U in the same way it did with Wii.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 22 EmptyMon 13 Jan 2014 - 13:27

More than just Nintendo games Balla and you didn't even buy the best game on wiiu (according to our vote)  Dance 

More to the point having no EA is a big deal as it means no FIFA, i know most of you couldn't care less about it but if you look at charts what's selling FIFA, what did Microsoft pack-in with the xbone to help sells in europe FIFA. I can afford all three system's so not a issue for me but if looking at buying one system and you like football which seems a lot do, you can rule out owning a wiiu. In the past generation I think a lot had a wii for the novelty factor and one of the other's but now wiiu hasn't really even got that to help sales which are dreadful 5millionish in 12 months, ps4 4millionish in a month. Shows there is demand for console but will people only have one unlike the past generation times are tough.

Also reading the article am I right in thinking says porting a next gen game to wiiu will be a pain makes me thinking still wiiu will get assassins creed were milking the franchise over V.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 22 EmptyMon 13 Jan 2014 - 13:29

Harsh words from someone who is so vehemently against the Wii's best game (according to our vote).

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
The problem is if that's reflective of how Wii U gamers think, surely? If that's the general attitude of Nintendo gamers then it's no wonder EA haven't committed to Wii U in the same way it did with Wii.

You have a point.  I'm not sure how representative my views on EA are of the average Wii U player, though, or indeed the average potential Wii U player.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 22 EmptyMon 13 Jan 2014 - 14:13

I don't think it's someone from Criterion.

I originally thought it was the case (I too noticed the language used about the CPU), but I'm not so sure.

Criterion weren't involved with any launch games for the Wii U as the story tells, instead they were too busy finishing off Most Wanted for other systems.

They only started work on Most Wanted U after Wii U launched, so the team could take the system home and 'get' what Wii U is all about. They almost certainly worked with newer, more refined development tools (they had the first third party game which shipped with in-game Miiverse support), and their game arrived after the launch window, but the article speaks of a developer which worked with Wii U before launch, on a game that arrived at launch.

There's also a comment about what the management thought about Wii U Versus the developer, and I don't believe that fits in with what EA thought about the platform at any point in time since it launched.

Balladeer wrote:
I've heard a different story - same developer, but that the game is ME3.  I haven't read the article (it's a tad long), so I can't give an opinion either way myself.

I'd rule out Mass Effect 3's developer. Straight Right worked on Deus Ex on Wii U, and for two publishers. The article suggests this is a developer that is linked directly to a publisher due to the comments made on what their management thought about Wii U.

And the developer never got to work on Wii U again after the launch game they developed.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 22 EmptyMon 13 Jan 2014 - 16:36

If not EA, I've also heard rumblings that it is 2K / Take Two talking about NBA 2K13.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 22 EmptyMon 13 Jan 2014 - 17:08

Axis1500 wrote:
If not EA, I've also heard rumblings that it is 2K / Take Two talking about NBA 2K13.

That stands to reason. After all, if 2K was serious about backing Wii U, then surely it's latest flagship franchise - WWE - would have made it to Nintendo's home console, just as it had under THQ in all but two of the previous fifteen years (2001 and 2006 - between N64-GameCube and GameCube-Wii). That's the maneuver of a company that's "unlikely (to) ever release another Wii U title".

Thinking about it from that perspective, I'd actually go as far to say that this is a closed case.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 22 EmptyMon 13 Jan 2014 - 19:34

Quote :
So people would hate Wii u for having a good exclusive? Nintendo just need to stop going on the internet, people are stupid (not necessarily you Jas, the people you're on about).

Yep, pretty much it happened with bayonetta 2 & even with MH3U there was always a sizeable bunch of folk on the Internet (weirdly) asking "why isn't this on ps3/360" & for whatever reason they see that as a personal attack.

These folk are usually attached to the it's not cool to like Nintendo crowd.

----

That'd be a shame if it is 2K as NBA 2k13 was easily the best sports game on wii U (Even though it didn't have much competition) I guess we will know for sure if the next wwe game doesn't appear on wii U.
Back to top Go down
Rattlecat
Boo This Man .Gif
Rattlecat

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 22 EmptyMon 13 Jan 2014 - 21:36

There's a good chance it was 2K as i recently picked up NBA2K13 which has already had the online server switched off. Shame as i was looking forward to it. Guess i'll just have to keep on losing to the cpu
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 22 EmptyMon 13 Jan 2014 - 22:20

Balladeer wrote:
Harsh words from someone who is so vehemently against the Wii's best game (according to our vote).

At the time I said great top 10, and you know my thoughts on mario galaxy 2 at least. I don't know if anyone did see NintendoLifes article where they suggested games Nintendo should do with one of them being a Galaxy HD Collection. I would buy that in a instance as I would be finely be able to play the games with a proper control scheme.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 22 EmptyTue 14 Jan 2014 - 1:46

Wii U news thread - Page 22 Kenan-and-kel-aw-here-it-goes-awh-here-goes-intro-kel-1352766252e
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 22 EmptyTue 14 Jan 2014 - 20:12

Nintendo UK has apologised to customers for the delay of Nintendo TVii.

Quote :

We would like to apologise that we were unable to bring the Nintendo TVii service to Europe in 2013 as originally planned.

Please continue to keep an eye out for further announcements regarding this service in the near future.

I had a feeling this would be buried quietly, so I'm impressed they updated their website. http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Wii-U/System-Software/Nintendo-TVii/Nintendo-TVii-666625.html
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 22 EmptyTue 14 Jan 2014 - 22:06

I'm looking at this as more of a PR spin on Nintendo TVii. If they told us it had been canned, it wouldn't be great, but telling us it could still be on the way makes things a little more positive, especially for prospective buyers.

Perhaps I'm just being too cynical, but I just can't see Nintendo making deals with the TV/content/network providers across Europe and the UK to get TVii working given Wii U's situation at the moment.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 22 EmptyTue 14 Jan 2014 - 23:07

fronkhead wrote:
I'm looking at this as more of a PR spin on Nintendo TVii. If they told us it had been canned, it wouldn't be great, but telling us it could still be on the way makes things a little more positive, especially for prospective buyers.

Perhaps I'm just being too cynical, but I just can't see Nintendo making deals with the TV/content/network providers across Europe and the UK to get TVii working given Wii U's situation at the moment.

Depends how much of the legwork they're prepared to do: TVii isn't a service like Netflix, it's an aggregator for Netflix, iPlayer etc. All they need to do is create a player for the MPEG format the TV companies are already using and then simply aggregate the content, which would be a trivial exercise in screen-scraping. There's no need to involve the networks' techs at all.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 22 EmptyWed 15 Jan 2014 - 2:22

The PC version of Ghost Recon Online is still afloat, although there's no word on the Wii U version.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 22 EmptyWed 15 Jan 2014 - 20:50

Axis1500 wrote:
Sad News. Two Tribes has undergone bankruptcy, due to the lack of people buying the awesome Toki Tori 2+.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/01/interview_two_tribes_explains_development_closure_and_starting_again

That is sad. I was going to get TT2+ shortly... hm - I guess I'm part of the problem there. Ah.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 22 EmptyFri 17 Jan 2014 - 2:50

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/445719/npd-xbox-one-tops-us-hardware-sales-in-december/

There's no numbers in that article, but Wii U had its best month yet for US hardware sales in December.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 22 EmptySat 18 Jan 2014 - 7:35

So, a lot of doom and gloom for Nintendo today. Because its so disturbing, I'll write it in a small font so those of a sensitive disposition can freely ignore it.

Wii U sales forecast slashed to 2.8m. Nintendo to post another annual loss. Nintendo thinking of "New Business Structure". Pachter goes fully insane and suggests Nintendo temporarily make games for XB1/PS4.

Sigh.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 22 EmptySat 18 Jan 2014 - 9:43

The Axis1500 tendency to repost news that's been posted in other threads strikes again! Razz Here ya go.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 22 EmptySat 18 Jan 2014 - 16:41

Balladeer wrote:
The Axis1500 tendency to repost news that's been posted in other threads strikes again! Razz Here ya go.

You expect me to find Nintendo news in the general gaming section?  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 22 EmptySat 18 Jan 2014 - 17:14

Yes, well, I did suggest a general Nintendo topic and a general multiformat one, but that hasn't happened.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii U news thread   Wii U news thread - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wii U news thread
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next