We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GAMING NEWS Thread 1

Go down 
+22
Rum
Fancy Fancy
shanks
The Christ
Axis1500
fronkhead
Cube
Dusty Knackers
Buskalilly
beemoh
Admin
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
Athrun888
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
NintenDUCK
masofdas
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

GAMING NEWS Thread 1 Empty
PostSubject: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 EmptyWed 24 Jul 2013 - 9:51

So taking Balla's advise, this is the gaming news and rumors thread.

Any way here's some,

Pikmin 3 might get DLC and currently highest rated Wii U game on Meta Critic

Xbox One might have a price drop summer 2014 with two new SKU's with reports of no kinect and smaller HDD

EA has confirmed if you buy FIFA 14 on xbox 360 then on xbox one you can transfer you ultimate team data and other games will have this feature

PS4 has passed the FCC in USA so it could go on sell right now, but likely before NOV 29th (black friday)

The Agent is re-trademarked by Take-Two

Nintendo shares at the highest for two years

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 17 Jun 2014 - 21:27; edited 136 times in total
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 EmptyWed 24 Jul 2013 - 14:30

Thread wars! Rumours can go here, too: http://messedupcables.forumotion.net/t132-kirby-s-rumour-buffet
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 EmptyWed 24 Jul 2013 - 14:50

Sensible thread, BUT this being primarily a Nintendo forum and me being a Nintendo fanboy, my request was for "other Nintendo news".  I don't want to keep seeing new posts in the thread, only to find it's Andyman getting excited about his PS3.  No reason why each "other formats" forum can't have their own too.

Also the Pikmin 3 comment can go over in either the Pikmin 3 thread or the Wii U news thread.  If we have this thread, it shouldn't be taking traffic away from existing news/games threads.  The shares piece, for example, is exactly the sort of thing that belongs in here.  (General Nintendo rumours are fine too, since Duckie's thread has quite a different use now.  No Thread Wars around these parts!)

Finally (and this is more of a guideline), if you're providing news it should be as a service to the forum.  So either say a few words about the news item, or link to someone saying a few words about the news item.  Just typing a headline is not really that informative or fun to read.

In short, nice idea, but it needs a few edits!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 EmptyWed 24 Jul 2013 - 21:27

Well Balla, I know the site was originally primary nintendo but look at microsoft & sony threads both kinda busy okay only the sony one . And I would say the vast majority of us are multi-format gamers.

This is the general section and this in general gaming news, i could post separately but let's say it was rayman legends delayed & now multi-format well that's news for microsoft, nintendo, sony, pc. So should i post the story 4 times then, no as it's silly that's why i put pikmin 3 here as it could go into two places.

Yeah i agree maybe i should of expanded on some of the subjects but didn't think i could really say much more i suppose it could be take-two re-trademark the agent will it finally come out and will it still be a sony exclusive and what on ps3 or 4 but didn't think it was necessarily. As you see the bit about FIFA is a bit more expanded but still short but tells you pretty much everything you need to know.

I don't want to take anything away from a games own thread eg pikmin 3 but surely it should be more about our thoughts of the game, if were stuck, if dlc does come out our we buying it etc.

Anyway news microsoft confirm £49.99 rrp for 1st party titles, half internet in up roar the other half are telling them rrp is all ready that and at most launch's games are that price.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 EmptyWed 24 Jul 2013 - 22:25

Off-topic, but...

'Minor news items that don't deserve a thread'. Or, 'Random Gaming Thoughts Thread (NO NEWS ITEMS)'.

That's how I'd play this one. Talking about news for the likes of Pikmin 3 in a single general gaming thread just humps the forum. GNamer needs real conversation, pronto. It's been a ghost town here lately.

Let's get some discussion threads on here. Thinking caps on, folks. There was new threads every day or so on NGamer until the start of the year - that's easily achievable if you, I and everybody else puts the effort in.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 EmptyWed 24 Jul 2013 - 22:29

Actually I like your idea of a topic name Phillps. Yeah has started to go a little dead unless it's animal crossing related lol. You did also give me an idea for a topic Phillips about the length of game's and does it matter etc. So maybe I might do one.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 EmptyWed 24 Jul 2013 - 22:32

More threads = more contributors = eventual revival of N64 Magazine.

I've thought for a while that this thread could do with a random gaming thoughts-style thread. Somewhere for JayMoyles to wade in after a night on the tiles and just go mental about shite like 'who's fitter: Zool or Superfrog?' or 'why does WWE WrestleMania X8 have elevator music?'
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 EmptyThu 25 Jul 2013 - 0:37

To be honest I'd take a general gaming news topic in this section rather than multiple ones spread over different sections for the respective consoles, as long as it sticks to actual news as anything related to an actual game can go in the appropriate topic. (if it has one, natch)

Quote :
 I don't want to keep seeing new posts in the thread, only to find it's Andyman getting excited about his PS3.

Sorry Balla but that's a tad bit selfish, as we all have to deal with seeing things we have no interest in like the Ashes topic for example, also wouldn't an "other nintendo news" topic be a bit of overkill? If need be this could be used for just ps3/360/pc etc.

EDIT: We already have a wii U/3ds news topics in the appropriate sections.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 EmptyThu 25 Jul 2013 - 3:47

Phillips wrote:
Somewhere for JayMoyles to wade in after a night on the tiles and just go mental about shite like 'who's fitter: Zool or Superfrog?' or 'why does WWE WrestleMania X8 have elevator music?'

Laughing 

Give me a platform and I shall perform. Razz 

I do agree that some general gaming thoughts type threads would be grand. I wouldn't agree that it's a ghost-town though, we've always got a fair amount of activity in the DS section, be it Animal Crossing, voting thread, or gushing about upcoming releases, Wii U always gets some discussion and Off-Topic is pretty healthy as well. New threads wouldn't go amiss though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 EmptyThu 25 Jul 2013 - 7:06

masofdas wrote:
Well Balla, I know the site was originally primary nintendo but look at microsoft & sony threads both kinda busy okay only the sony one . And I would say the vast majority of us are multi-format gamers.

Well the majority do seem to want that, so ehhh.  As they wish.  However...

masofdas wrote:
This is the general section and this in general gaming news, i could post separately but let's say it was rayman legends delayed & now multi-format well that's news for microsoft, nintendo, sony, pc. So should i post the story 4 times then, no as it's silly that's why i put pikmin 3 here as it could go into two places.

Don't agree with the P3 example at all.  In fact, I think that should only go in the game's thread.  Wii U stuff without a dedicated thread to go in the Wii U thread, everything else to land up in here.

masofdas wrote:
Yeah i agree maybe i should of expanded on some of the subjects but didn't think i could really say much more i suppose it could be take-two re-trademark the agent will it finally come out and will it still be a sony exclusive and what on ps3 or 4 but didn't think it was necessarily. As you see the bit about FIFA is a bit more expanded but still short but tells you pretty much everything you need to know.

Then provide links to articles that do have something else to say!  Or, y'know, personal opinions on it.  "Hope the new Agent game goes back to its roots/takes the path of the sequels/has the marshmellow gun us Agent fans have all been waiting for etc."  News is good, but as Phillips says it's better if it sparks discussion, and headlines alone don't tend to do that.

The_Jaster wrote:
Sorry Balla but that's a tad bit selfish, as we all have to deal with seeing things we have no interest in like the Ashes topic for example, also wouldn't an "other nintendo news" topic be a bit of overkill?  If need be this could be used for just ps3/360/pc etc.

EDIT: We already have a wii U/3ds news topics in the appropriate sections.

I don't think that's a good example.  The Ashes topic is a topic in its own right, so if people aren't interested in it, they don't have to check to see whether anyone's been talking about football, say, only to find out, "Oh no, it's them nutters two talking about batball again."  Maybe it was selfish, but in any case it seems that's been overruled.

And the reason I suggested this in the first place was because recently, there were about three topics here in GG about separate pieces of Nintendo news that didn't fit neatly into Wii U or 3DS; so I don't think it was overkill particularly!

Phillips wrote:
Let's get some discussion threads on here. Thinking caps on, folks. There was new threads every day or so on NGamer until the start of the year - that's easily achievable if you, I and everybody else puts the effort in.

(rolls up sleeves)  Let's do this.  (goes to revive classic discussion topic)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 EmptyThu 25 Jul 2013 - 8:06

Fair enough maybe change the titles of wii U/3ds news threads to fit all Nintendo news? If not I dont mind it going in here, as for the ashes thing there was times I saw off topic section had a new post only to find it was about cricket. Razz

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 EmptyThu 25 Jul 2013 - 8:42

It's okay, I feel the same way about wrestling. Winky Face 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 EmptyThu 25 Jul 2013 - 9:03

Right, after reading everyone thought's. If it's me or anyone else posting news hear it's got to be relevant to general, so the pikmin 3 should off gone into the pikmin 3 topic. Any more news about a specific game that isn't multi-format will go to it's own topic, if it's about wiiu into the wiiu news, 3ds into 3ds. Only nintendo news here should be like the stock news as it can't go in either wiiu or 3ds. I would still put microsoft & sony news here due to there boards being quite and maybe not getting seen. And if possible form now own please expand on news like my soul callibur 2 news or if you can't a link maybe.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 EmptySat 27 Jul 2013 - 21:32

Sony confirms, event on the 20th of Aug at Gamescom exactly 6months from unveiling in Feb. Most likely this event will tell us things like launch date etc. Also my local GAME have told me there ringing people early SEP, so not that long after Gamescom to confirm if your buying, midnight launch etc. So is the PS4 coming early then Nov, could be.

Precursor Games has relaunched the Kickstarter campaign for its Eternal Darkness successor, Shadow of the Eternals, with PS4 added to the list of prospective platforms. The developer has also announced its collaboration with David Hayter, most famously known as the long-standing voice of Metal Gear Solid protagonist Solid Snake will play detective Paul Becker. While the game currently remains a PC and Wii U-only title, a PS4 version has been added as a stretch goal.

Activision Blizzard has bought itself back from French media conglomerate Vivendi for $8.8bn, meaning it's once again an independent company.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Gaming News, Nintendo Financial Sales Figures   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 EmptyWed 31 Jul 2013 - 10:27

So Q1 of the Businesses year Apr 13- Jun 13

Wii U sales during Nintendo's first financial quarter totaled just 160,000 units worldwide.

Lifetime Wii U sales now stand at 3,610,000, some way short of the 5.5 million sales Nintendo initially expected by the end of April.

Nintendo said Wii U's under-performance was "mainly due to the release of few key first-party titles this quarter to strongly drive the hardware sales".

In the three months ended June 30, Wii U software sales came in at just over one million, taking lifetime software sales for the console to 14.44 million.

Despite the poor unit sales, Nintendo's financial performance was more encouraging.

First quarter net sales rose 3.8 per cent year-on-year to 81.5 billion yen (£546m / $832m), while the company swung from a loss of 17.2 billion yen (£115 / $175) for the same period last year to a net profit at 8.6 billion yen (£57m / $88m).

Nintendo reported a first quarter operating loss of 4.9 billion yen (£33m / $50m) due to increased advertising and promotion of 3DS overseas and research and development for Wii U software.

3DS shone brightest for Nintendo, selling 1.4 million units and just over 11 million software units in the quarter, taking lifetime hardware sales to just under 32.5 million and software sales to just over 106 million.

Meanwhile, Wii sales of 210,000 units helped push the ageing system past 100 million lifetime sales. 3.67 million Wii games were also sold in the first quarter, meaning almost 873 million Wii titles have now been sold since the system launched in November 2006.

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 EmptyWed 31 Jul 2013 - 15:46

I miss the days when people just played games and "analysts" didn't bore the arse off me with sales statistics.

Here's a picture of Slammu from Street Sharks:

GAMING NEWS Thread 1 Big-slammu
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 EmptyWed 31 Jul 2013 - 22:38

Here's a different sort of news (and one that doesn't really need it's own thread): July 31st* marks the fifteen anniversary of the release of Banjo-Kazooie in Europe. I remember that Friday morning so clearly, and being so excited to play it. That was a f**king great summer holiday.

I dug it out this evening, minced about some of the earlier levels, eventually remembered where I was going and beat Gruntilda another time. It's still brilliant, and definitely the best non-Mario platformer that I've ever played.

*The Wikipedia date is wrong, so so wrong, and it pisses me off!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 EmptyThu 1 Aug 2013 - 0:58

The music is great too - Grant Kirkhope is a hero.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 EmptyThu 1 Aug 2013 - 7:52

Banjo-Kazooie!  A great game that I never quite finished: got within spitting distance twice, only for some embarrassing file deletion mishaps to occur.  It had its good bits and its bad bits, did ol' Banjo; and although I wouldn't rank it as my favourite non-Mario platformer, I would say that it has the best music of any non-Nintendo game I've played.  Was listening to the soundtrack only yesterday, and it brought a huge smile to my face.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 EmptyThu 1 Aug 2013 - 22:45

SquareEnix Announce a Next Gen Sequel For the Excellent Tomb Raider, I'm really pleased about this as the game was good (goty quality in my eyes) and can't wait to see what it would look like as the ps3/360 game looks great.

Codemasters drops online pass for F1 2013, So good news if you like F1 and used games

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 EmptyFri 2 Aug 2013 - 16:55

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-07-30-the-xbox-one-controller-retails-for-USD60-in-the-us

This absolutely ridiculous & the ps4 controller price (£54) isn't any better.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 EmptyFri 2 Aug 2013 - 17:11

They're not that much cheaper this gen, it doesn't come as a surprise to me.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 EmptySat 3 Aug 2013 - 16:37

Most controllers were £30 for this gen (ps3/360) these are double that. Razz
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 EmptySat 3 Aug 2013 - 16:38

I swear they're closer to 40, ho hum.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 EmptySat 3 Aug 2013 - 17:26

we sell official dual shock 3s for 39.99 in work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS Thread 1   GAMING NEWS Thread 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

GAMING NEWS Thread 1
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next