We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Xbox One

Go down 
+21
Axis1500
Xelviar
ZeroJones
masofdas
fronkhead
The_Jaster
Admin
Buskalilly
Silver light
beemoh
NintenDUCK
Athrun888
Balladeer
shanks
Dusty Knackers
oldschool
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Rum
JayMoyles
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The Xbox One  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Xbox One    The Xbox One  - Page 3 EmptyFri 7 Jun 2013 - 17:46

I read that Wii U sales rocketed after the XBoned announcement. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox One    The Xbox One  - Page 3 EmptyFri 7 Jun 2013 - 19:08

Relevant.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Xelviar
Boo This Man .Gif
Xelviar

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox One    The Xbox One  - Page 3 EmptySat 8 Jun 2013 - 10:32

Okay. Okay okay okay. I just watched quite a few things regarding this, and I got two words to say: XBOX DONE

Although the specs of the console sound great, too much emphasis on DRM and that has pretty much killed off me buying one. EVER. Worst of all it won't be £200 at launch, which it should due to it being a Super HD HDR with license restricted games!

The only thing now is whether you should buy one for the exclusives, get a PS4 or PC instead or just be happy with what you got? because the Video Games industry might crash anytime between the end of E3 or in a few years time.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox One    The Xbox One  - Page 3 EmptySat 8 Jun 2013 - 14:01

Xelviar wrote:
Okay. Okay okay okay. I just watched quite a few things regarding this, and I got two words to say: XBOX DONE

Although the specs of the console sound great, too much emphasis on DRM and that has pretty much killed off me buying one. EVER. Worst of all it won't be £200 at launch, which it should due to it being a Super HD HDR with license restricted games!

The only thing now is whether you should buy one for the exclusives, get a PS4 or PC instead or just be happy with what you got? because the Video Games industry might crash anytime between the end of E3 or in a few years time.

I actually don't think the industry is going to crash. I think people will actually accept this system and whatever Sony roll out without a second thought. We live in a society that is obsessed with instant gratification nowadays, they live for today and not for tomorrow. So the fact that the system will become a doorstop when the next one comes out won't bother people, neither will the thought of not being able to resell games.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox One    The Xbox One  - Page 3 EmptySat 8 Jun 2013 - 18:39

Athrun888 wrote:
I actually don't think the industry is going to crash. I think people will actually accept this system and whatever Sony roll out without a second thought. We live in a society that is obsessed with instant gratification nowadays, they live for today and not for tomorrow. So the fact that the system will become a doorstop when the next one comes out won't bother people, neither will the thought of not being able to resell games.

Tragically I can see truth in this statement, though I will reserve judgement until the current generation is in full flow.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox One    The Xbox One  - Page 3 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 14:32

I pretty much said a similar thing to Athrun but on twitter, which was that despite the negatives of Xbox one folk will still find a reason to buy it.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox One    The Xbox One  - Page 3 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 15:39

Hope I'm wrong, because otherwise I'll have to find another hobby. I cannot support a concept that would leave the system inoperable after the generation is done for single player games. It's just absolutely insane that things are even coming to this honestly. And all of this is because they want to kill the pre owned industry, which is just ridiculous. Every other industry lives with it, why the heck can't they? They are just so consumed with greed it's unbelievable really.

Anyway, I need to stop ranting about this, once I get started I won't stop. I just pray to god Sony isn't following suit, but in my gut I know they are. If they weren't they would have already used the mess Microsoft has made to their advantage and got in some advertising. Instead Sony has been all but completely mute, which to me means they're simply letting Microsoft take the brunt of the rage.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox One    The Xbox One  - Page 3 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 16:40

Athrun888 wrote:
And all of this is because they want to kill the pre owned industry, which is just ridiculous. Every other industry lives with it, why the heck can't they? They are just so consumed with greed it's unbelievable really.

Two things.

One: "Wanting to put food on the table" does not equal "greed".

Two: In this particular matter, the games industry isn't comparable to other industries- first the used market of "Every other industry"- or at least, every other media industry, which are the only ones which could come around to being comparable- is hidden down side streets in tiny little indies, not front-and-centre of big, flashy chain stores in shopping malls. Waterstone's doesn't go "Well, you could buy that new copy of Latest Book, or you could buy a used one for a few quid less", nor does HMV do it with CDs or DVDs. Yet Game/GameStop/Local Equivalent do. "Every other industry" doesn't have to live with that.

The reason they don't is because they've been going longer and have had the time, years before there was an internet to actively misinterpret industry comments and cry conspiracy at every little thing, to move their business models around and get to the point where whatever is keeping Game et al doing what they're doing goes away. Yes, how Microsoft are choosing to do that with the XBox One is a pretty shitty way of going about it, but that's a different argument.

Yes, the used market is wonderful and the sign of a healthy market and a protected consumer right and all of those knee-jerk catchphrases that come up everytime someone from the games biz says the word "used" in any context at all whatsoever, but that doesn't mean that it can't be too big and that nobody's taking the piss with it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox One    The Xbox One  - Page 3 EmptySun 9 Jun 2013 - 21:35

Good post beemoh, I never thought about the pre-owned games argument in context of other media outlets. I still think Microsoft are going about this in a completely wrong manner, but you make very good points as to why they're doing it.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox One    The Xbox One  - Page 3 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013 - 6:56

I disagree completely actually. That may have held up seven or eight years ago, however the way we purchase products has completely changed since then. Amazon sells basically anything and is one of the biggest outlets to buy books, CDs, and DVDs from, and less than a finger twitch away from buying new things you can buy used items (and for far cheaper prices than the crummy deals shops like Game have for second hand goods). Exactly like the Game stores, only far easier to see your options and change between them.

The way they are going about this is simply greed. Steam is an example of getting consumers to buy products the way you want them to the right way. They offer deals, they offer good things. Microsoft and the big american companies like EA are just doing what they always do, kill every single ounce of competition so they can hold a complete monopoly and do as they please. That is what this is. We already have a balance with online passes and new copy dlc that you have to buy online if you buy second hand, the attempt to kill the pre owned industry is not needed and is going far over the top.

And lets be honest here, an attempt to hold a monopoly is exactly what this is. Stores like Game will cut deals, sure, but that isn't the true preowned industry. The true preowned industry is on ebay and Amazon. Those are where you get the bargains by buying second hand, not shops like Game. And it is exactly that market that will be killed by this.

Internet connectivity has amazing potential for the game industry. But so far all I have seen it used for is a slow increase in the diminishing control over products we buy. First came the dlc which we were assured would be genuine expansions but has since turned in to a combination of petty useless items in a game and outright sealing content away for people to purchase later. Content that back in the Plastation 2 era was simply a standard part of a game. No more do we have bonus characters, modes, or areas. No, now we have petty trophies and achievements instead and have to pay extra for that content.

Then as time went by this wasn't enough, so the online pass was invented. Buy new or buy the right to use online features. I would concede this as completely fair except for one thing. All the niche games I have bought did not require this, yet all the new big blockbuster games do. I still however can at least see why this is justifiable, and it doesn't restrict any actual rights so I will concede it. Grudgingly.

And now we are at the thing I have known was coming ever since the online pass. I knew years ago that the internet was being used to increasingly control how we can play the games, and now we are on the precipice of them being able to literally stop us from even playing our games without connecting to their server. Even if we just want to play an aspect of the game that has absolutely nothing to do with online, which is just completely ridiculous.

I wish this was just conspiracy talk, but there is simply no justifiable reason for any of this. These games sell millions upon millions worldwide at launch, do these companies actually expect me to believe that they are being hard done by and these measures are even mildly justifiable? And if they are for some bizarre reason still struggling to recoup costs despite such huge sales figures then the problem is with them. Nintendo doesn't have this problem with their games, heck look at Fire Emblem. It hasn't even sold a million, by the standards of these companies this would be considered a horrific failure and the ip would be shelved forever, yet with Nintendo it has actually saved the franchise (then again perhaps Awakening is not the best example given the absolute ton of nickle and dime dlc).

Really I just see all of this as being treated like the bad guy just because I am buying their product. I don't even buy second hand myself much except when I have to, so why should I be treated like a thief who pirates everything and like scum by them? It is simply not right, and there is not a single justifiable reason under the sun for any of what they are doing besides them wanting even more control. I see no reason for this, and am being shoved out of my favourite past time against my will by this.

Well I did say I wouldn't stop once I get started on this, I didn't think I'd type this much however. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox One    The Xbox One  - Page 3 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013 - 19:36

Price of $499 revealed. For NA. £429 for us here in the UK (rather fitting, that's $666).

Microsoft REALLY doing all the stupid things with this shit. So much greed...ah well, deserved bomba incoming hopefully Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox One    The Xbox One  - Page 3 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013 - 19:44

You'd be surprised. I've heard impressed rumblings about the games: in particular, a lot of people were hoping that the Rare title in the wings was KI, and... well... it was.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox One    The Xbox One  - Page 3 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013 - 19:47

I sort of live-typed out my thoughts - so here's a look into my ongoing thought process during the conference!

Spoiler:

All in all - mixed. Some of the stuff they're doing looks great; dual processing being used to set up a multiplayer game whilst playing single player games, Project Spark... but then there's the price, and the overbearing phantom of DRM and Kinect Big Brother. Still not sold.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox One    The Xbox One  - Page 3 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013 - 20:04

Personally I was very impressed, I've gone from hell no to oo actually I do quite fancy that. The games looked fantastic (except Forza) eve the Halo trailer had me interested until Master Cheif popped out.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox One    The Xbox One  - Page 3 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013 - 20:18

So, twitter's telling me there's a new Killer Instinct? That's pretty whack.
Anyone who watched this- is it worth me having a gander in the morning? Or is it all business and technobabble and TV?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox One    The Xbox One  - Page 3 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013 - 20:21

Nah, looks pretty all right if you're into this sort of thing. I was quite impressed by the new... er, stealth game (spoilers!), in between seething over its sexism.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox One    The Xbox One  - Page 3 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013 - 20:46

I like their gamepad smart glass idea. As for the games I thought they looked pretty good but the whole Mclaren show for forza seemed a little unnecessary unless I was just not paying attention. Crimson dragon's trailer was fun to watch but more because of the audience reaction than the actual game which seemed decent nonetheless. The witcher 3 seemed the best in my opinion but one thing that baffles me is why they bothered putting Minecraft on Xbox one, they could've gone with their new game scrolls but I feel Minecraft's audience is exhausted by now and doubt many will buy it.
As for the price, £429 is £429 more than I have not that if I even had that money I would spend it on it anyway. Nah nah!
Also, what are the games meant to cost? I've heard some say £50?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox One    The Xbox One  - Page 3 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013 - 21:18

NintenDUCK wrote:

Also, what are the games meant to cost? I've heard some say £50?

Seems like that is, depressingly, the standard these days.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox One    The Xbox One  - Page 3 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013 - 21:37

Just seen a bit of Crimson Dragon, with sound. Looks nice.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox One    The Xbox One  - Page 3 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013 - 21:44

just discovered the Xbone's minecraft trailer was made by youtubers Hat Films, you should go check them out, here's a song to persuade you of their coolness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VORPWEGdv30&feature=endscreen&NR=1
(I don't work for them No )
Still doesn't make me want it...
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox One    The Xbox One  - Page 3 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2013 - 22:15

Actually I forgot about Crimson Dragon, that was my second worst game, boo to on rails!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox One    The Xbox One  - Page 3 EmptyTue 11 Jun 2013 - 0:36

No.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox One    The Xbox One  - Page 3 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 4:25

Oh. Dear. Lord.

Shot in foot/digging a hole/jumped the shark/seppuku (Delete as appropriate)

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox One    The Xbox One  - Page 3 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 7:03

I laughed hard at those last few seconds. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox One    The Xbox One  - Page 3 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 18:41

And cue the "this is now a pictures thread"ness!

The Xbox One  - Page 3 1012336_479411512146704_1878353951_n
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox One    The Xbox One  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Xbox One
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next