We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your computer?

Go down 
+16
Kriken
gjones
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Muss
masofdas
The_Jaster
beemoh
Cube
Axis1500
fronkhead
Gwyn400
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
JayMoyles
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

What are you playing on your computer? - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 8 EmptySun 23 Apr 2017 - 19:13

Undertale True Pacifist Spoilers:
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 8 EmptyWed 26 Apr 2017 - 17:44

Response to Balla:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 8 EmptyWed 26 Apr 2017 - 19:59

I didn't, I'm afraid I rushed to the end! I do know what you're talking about though, all spoilers are fair game now (especially as I've bought myself the soundtrack).

And no! Nooooooooo no no no. I couldn't. Couldn't even do the first area. The girlfriend says she's going to try though... No
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 8 EmptyTue 16 May 2017 - 22:54

The nice people at Xbox have gone and made cult classic JRPG Phantom Dust FREE and a Xbox Anywhere title meaning we should all sort of be able to play what is a OG Xbox game on our computers.

I'm not sure if this is what has now happened to the game or a HD remaster is still coming but seems sort of pointless now.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 8 EmptyMon 29 May 2017 - 22:58

Ooh - ooh - I've been playing Cities: Skylines again, and they've just added an update that hyper-boosts the transport system. This game is now what Sim City has wild dreams of being. You can now follow cars to individual houses to get a local model of transport efficiency. And... even better... the roads now have names, and you can rename them! This is like catnip to me.

Even sadder (probably shouldn't admit this) when deciding what to call my town (in which we drive on the left, natch) I called it Gintendon. All the estates are named after forumites, with puns - and now I get to name roads after things, too! (e.g. Grackler Close, Seven Pound Street, Well Know Avenue etc.). Any suggestions welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 8 EmptyMon 29 May 2017 - 23:17

Tenderloin Minimise Way? President RumRapture Road? Others? (I don't imagine your list was exhaustive, but this is what I have off the top of my head)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 8 EmptyTue 30 May 2017 - 20:17

If there's not one called Kid from a To Road there's something very wrong with this world.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 8 EmptyThu 1 Jun 2017 - 19:39

Excellent - excellent (we have too many memes per person). I'll probably grab some boring screenshots once the place has picked up a bit.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 8 EmptyThu 1 Jun 2017 - 21:19

Love that game, although every city I make turns into a traffic ridden hell hole!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 8 EmptySun 4 Jun 2017 - 10:30

Muss wrote:
Love that game, although every city I make turns into a traffic ridden hell hole!
PC Gamer's Chris Livingston may have the answer to this problem...
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 8 EmptySun 4 Jun 2017 - 11:08

Lovely article. I'm still on the base game for the time being, and probably will be until I can justify spending on anything other than ARMS and Splatoon, but that's certainly got me tempted to boot this all back up again.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 8 EmptyTue 27 Jun 2017 - 19:21

Grim Fandango. 'Playing' may be the wrong word, the gameplay is utter tripe thus far, obscure 'logic' and copious backtracking. But the characters are great, already. I've only just lost Mercedes, mind, so no spoilers! Naughty
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 8 EmptySat 1 Jul 2017 - 10:27

No spoilers, but I'd say: stick with it for a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 8 EmptySat 1 Jul 2017 - 23:36

Sorry, naughty double post: on the rare occasion I am playing PC games, I'm back on Cities Skylines again. It really does strike the balance between "statistical networked city planning simulation" and "my dream town"; for all of the budget tweaks etc., there's so much personalisation (apparently not a word) you can do. As well as naming individual houses (so, where I've been naming estates after forumites, you've all got your own little house - a bit weird that when I write it down), the recent traffic-focussed update lets you click on a car and follow it round. The fact that the car is tied into a particular house and a particular job etc. is more than I ever could have dreamed of when fending off Bowser's attack on my city in 1993. I got to the stage where I set up a bus depot, and then set up bus routes, watching all the buses pouring out of the station and to the stops. Then I discovered that you can, on the statistical view, change the routes to different colours to make the following of the lines easier... and the actual buses going round the town change their paint colour to match the route! I don't know why that's so charming to me, but I love it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 8 EmptySun 2 Jul 2017 - 6:02

It does sound like, as the TV Tropes page would have it, the dev team thought of everything (or, at least, updates make it appear so).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 8 EmptySun 2 Jul 2017 - 9:06

It's coming PS4 soon and I've heard not even from you Jim, good things about it and I've watched people play it on Xbox One and seems like it works on a console rather well.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 8 EmptySun 2 Jul 2017 - 20:05

Do we have any forummy towns or streets or things yet Jimbob?

Also I've/we've just hit the petrified forest in GF. Glottis is so stupid: not sure whether 'endearingly so' or 'annoyingly so' yet.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 8 EmptyWed 5 Jul 2017 - 0:03

Balladeer wrote:

I certainly do. I've taken a few screenshots which I'll upload to Tumblr and annotate in the near future - too late now. Also had a read/write error when the city tried to auto-save - so let's hope it loads back up again LOLOLOLOL
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 8 EmptyWed 5 Jul 2017 - 22:21

Jimbob wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
I certainly do. I've taken a few screenshots which I'll upload to Tumblr and annotate in the near future - too late now.

2 slideshows of what's happening so far - best bet is to click on the first image so you get the larger version and caption, and can scroll from there. Er... just in case you don't know how the internet works...
Part 1 is here
Part 2 is here
A bit rushed at the moment; I didn't catch the bit where the hearse went to pick up a corpse from the organic food shop.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 8 EmptyWed 5 Jul 2017 - 22:24

Hopkins!? Surely not... Am very happy with my forest though. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 8 EmptyWed 5 Jul 2017 - 22:29

Yeah, I know! Balla Deer Woods is yet to be constructed, but I plan to build very little, round the trees.

The captions seem to disappear in my theme's framework... I'll see if I can get a link to it from the basic Tumblr interface.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 8 EmptyWed 5 Jul 2017 - 23:23

Lol Zero Circle looks like a nightmarish concoction of cul-de-sacs and roundabouts, yet it's somehow really appealing. It reminds me of being a 5 year old and playing toy cars on mats that had towns on them.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 8 EmptyWed 5 Jul 2017 - 23:38

It all looked quite lovely to me, much more organised than the hell holes I've spewed out on that game anyway.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 8 EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 11:56

That's top work there Jimbob, I especially like that you have Moo Moo meadows/park in there. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 8 EmptyThu 6 Jul 2017 - 18:37

Very touched about Zero Circle, featuring some of my catchphrases/feats/etc. Also, was Duckburg literally on fire there?! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your computer?
Page 8 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next