We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your computer?

Go down 
+16
Kriken
gjones
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Muss
masofdas
The_Jaster
beemoh
Cube
Axis1500
fronkhead
Gwyn400
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
JayMoyles
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

What are you playing on your computer? - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 14 EmptyWed 2 Mar 2022 - 20:58

I had a not-fully levelled team of 'Mons, and you know how I felt about that!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 14 EmptySat 12 Mar 2022 - 15:22

Balladeer wrote:
YASS!  Here's the thread Jim.  Either in this thread or the other one: why did you know you won't like the story element?  I know you do like some quality writing in games, so I'm curious to know why you've already bounced off this one.  That said, the gameplay is immense, with or without the story.
I really hate when people tell me how to feel - especially right now when that actual world has got actual problems. But it's not a big deal at all, primarily I wanna play the fun platform game and work out the weird hidden shit! The fact that there's clearly some kind of sequence I'm supposed to decode - I'm already mega in.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 14 EmptyMon 14 Mar 2022 - 19:54

Ah, I guess it can be a bit 'here be anxious now'. I'll leave it there though, because 'I'm already mega in' is just what I wanted to read from you. I hope you enjoy the rest of it! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 14 EmptySun 22 May 2022 - 16:16

I've been playing Not for Broadcast, a game where you take control of a news broadcast by choosing which cameras to cut to, when to censor audio, amongst other things.

If you enjoyed Papers Please, or even something like Pony Island, then I highly recommend this game. The writing doesn't always land but it doesn't strike out because the overall execution of the actual gameplay is consistently excellent.

The entire game is set with you either in the broadcast room, where you'll be the director over a load of FMV videos, or in choose your own adventure style choices that happen between broadcasts. Like Papers Please, you'll have to make your own moral choices at home and work.

I don't know that this is on other platforms, I think it really benefits from a mouse and keyboard but I'm sure it could work on a controller.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 14 EmptyMon 6 Jun 2022 - 20:22

(fires up Steam)
(finally buys
Pony Island like he's been saying he will for ages)
'Sorry, your Mac doesn't support 64-bit games!'

Hissy fit This is why I don't like PC gaming! And why I don't like how in some ways console gaming seems to be getting closer to PC gaming. Fortunately I've been able to steal The Lady's laptop on the regular, and just got the first of the three magic mcguffins of the game. It's... a bit overwhelming for me. All that grey and LOUD TEXT. A little bit at a time for this one, and not just because I have to start up a clunky laptop every time I want a go.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 14 EmptySun 25 Sep 2022 - 14:56

Been messing around with my SteamDeck where

Killer is Dead says it doesn't work, loaded it up as I've seen other games such as Sleeping Dogs play fine even though they're not meant to. I did the first episode then the game crashes on the second, from what I can see under the discussion page, it only does it on Episode 2 that I hope Valve do get to testing the game & does some sort of fix. Did look some people had come up with some very PC looking fixes about moving files around etc Afraid

Bright Memory Infinite an odd one to load up as I played on Switch this year and I basically wanted to compare a game on these two hybrid portable systems and docking this with the Deck looks so much better than it did on Switch as I'm getting high settings compared to Switches lower than low. I was at 960p though even docked to get 60fps and High.

The Missing: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories another random one but as it's a tad older and 2D, wanted to see how this would be docked, well it's 4K the highest graphic setting of Fantastic at 60+ fps (I capped the deck at 60fps as why do I need 63fps) and the hour or so I played was good little 2D Action Adventure Puzzler thing, and I will go back to it mostly liking playing in handheld.

Ghostwire Tokyo a big one to chuck at the Deck being only on PS5 (Next year Series) and the Deck being compared to a portable PS4, well on the go where I have spent most of my time sure it's like 720p with medium settings at 40fps it looks and plays well with the screen being the size that it is. Did play a little bit docked and is playable but certainly not ideal way to do so.

I've got few games downloaded like Metal Gear Rising as I've never played it and this might be one of the best ways to play it outside a proper PC, GRID Legends as why not try a racing game. I can see me also playing likes of Cult of the Lamb, Monkey Island, Tunic on Deck over the Switch as looking at Bright Memory, The Missing this has sort become the Switch Pro to me.

Still will play a Gotham Knights on Xbox, Valkyrie Elysium on PS4 and Crisis Core on Switch due to the cost of the digital downloads and being able to get those physical.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 14 EmptySun 11 Dec 2022 - 16:21

Balladeer wrote:
(fires up Steam)
(finally buys
Pony Island like he's been saying he will for ages)
'Sorry, your Mac doesn't support 64-bit games!'

Hissy fit This is why I don't like PC gaming!  And why I don't like how in some ways console gaming seems to be getting closer to PC gaming.  Fortunately I've been able to steal The Lady's laptop on the regular, and just got the first of the three magic mcguffins of the game.  It's... a bit overwhelming for me.  All that grey and LOUD TEXT.  A little bit at a time for this one, and not just because I have to start up a clunky laptop every time I want a go.

There's a website I used to use a lot, called something like "will it run". Can't remember exactly, but that website did a pretty good job about telling you whether you could run a game before buying it.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 14 EmptyFri 16 Dec 2022 - 10:48

I've been playing Marvel's Midnight Suns and it's really very good. The X-com team have adapted Marvel very well. There is a real fluidity to the tactical combat system, in a way that's way better than the likes of Fire Emblem or Project Triangle imo. It's just very slick, but still full of interesting choices.

The characters, a mixture of Avengers and Midnight Suns, are all pretty good and the story makes you feel l like you are in the MCU, which is a good thing. Sometimes the voice acting isn't the best, and there are moments in the script that aren't amazing, but for the most part it is good.

The other thing is that between missions you have grounds to explore, Mass Effect style dialogue options with the heroes, and all sorts of shenanigans going on that make the base bits feel quite alive. I do like the upgrade system for your cards too.

Yes, Midnight Suns is a card based tactics game. But it uses those cards in an effective way to create moments that feel cinematic. In super hero film and literature, we're always seeing improvisation being a key component to snatching victory from he jaws of defeat. Well in this game, there is a sense of that, at least to me, which is pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 14 EmptySat 17 Dec 2022 - 7:15

Yeeeeessss, play it, love it, become a Midnight Sun
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 14 EmptyThu 22 Dec 2022 - 17:22

God help me, I'm playing Monster Hunter Rise. I've played this for 15 hours so far (albeit 1 of those has got to be running round in circles waiting for others) and I am really enjoying it, and I think I'm getting the hang of bashing things over the head with a hammer*. But I still have no idea what you guys or the other podcast I listen to are talking about! I fear I'm going to be 100 hours in with "the prat version of Rimmer".

*Hopefully not read by any old person who think this is what all video games are anyway
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 14 EmptyFri 23 Dec 2022 - 3:14

Bash monsters, use parts to make stronger armour and hammer, bash bigger monsters.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 14 EmptyFri 23 Dec 2022 - 17:26

HAMMER GO BONK!

What are you playing on your computer? - Page 14 AdorableFantasticDairycow-size_restricted
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 14 EmptyFri 23 Dec 2022 - 18:11

Can't believe you're playing it on the wrong machine Jim. No
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 14 EmptyFri 23 Dec 2022 - 19:32

Wait to EofGiz and CW start it on Game Pass
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 14 EmptyMon 26 Dec 2022 - 16:14

Buskalilly wrote:
Bash monsters, use parts to make stronger armour and hammer, bash bigger monsters.
But when do I bash the biggest monster of all? I'm talking of course about fiscal asymmetry.

The_Jaster wrote:
HAMMER GO BONK!

What are you playing on your computer? - Page 14 AdorableFantasticDairycow-size_restricted
This is why I chose it, because the best thing I can do is just hold the bash button down longer.

Balladeer wrote:
Can't believe you're playing it on the wrong machine Jim. No
I am playing it on: the machine it was cheapest on. It was cheaper for my bro-in-law and sister to all buy copies on Steam, than it was for me to buy the Switch version to play with them.

I don't understand the flying lads either! Every time I try and use a thing, I just jump away in a completely different direction.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 14 EmptyTue 27 Dec 2022 - 16:41

Acht that gosh darn Switch tax. Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 14 EmptyTue 27 Dec 2022 - 20:46

Jimbob wrote:
This is why I chose it, because the best thing I can do is just hold the bash button down longer.

I do love the simplicity of hammer not only in the move set but the role it fills in a team.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 14 EmptyTue 27 Dec 2022 - 20:48

Balladeer wrote:
Acht that gosh darn Switch tax. Hissy fit

Must have been dirt cheap on STEAM, as I know EofGiz bought Rise for £15 on the eShop.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 14 EmptyTue 27 Dec 2022 - 20:58

Christmas steam sales are on, aren't they?

---

Also....

Balla wrote:

Acht that gosh darn Switch axe.  Hissy fit

FTFY. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 14 EmptyWed 28 Dec 2022 - 7:49

Jimbob wrote:
Buskalilly wrote:
But when do I bash the biggest monster of all? I'm talking of course about fiscal asymmetry.
You'll get the credits and you can stop if you want! Or if you're still having fun, there are lots of optional avenues you can pursue, by then you'll know if you want to.

Quote :
I don't understand the flying lads either! Every time I try and use a thing, I just jump away in a completely different direction.
Andy played about 150 hours before he realised there were buttons you could press that weren't in Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii, don't worry about it.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 14 EmptyThu 29 Dec 2022 - 14:47

Buskalilly wrote:
Jimbob wrote:
Buskalilly wrote:
You'll get the credits and you can stop if you want! Or if you're still having fun, there are lots of optional avenues you can pursue, by then you'll know if you want to.
Oh I meant fiscal asymmetry in the real world
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 14 EmptyThu 29 Dec 2022 - 23:09

Murder your local billionaire, like everyone should.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 14 EmptyFri 30 Dec 2022 - 20:10

Then make an armour set out of their skin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your computer?
Page 14 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14