We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you playing on your computer?

Go down 
+16
Kriken
gjones
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Muss
masofdas
The_Jaster
beemoh
Cube
Axis1500
fronkhead
Gwyn400
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
JayMoyles
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyWed 20 May 2020 - 20:36

Mas wrote:
Did get some Valorant in and I can see why it's been so successful but you can't at the moment (I don't even know if it will come) use a controller, I know I'm playing a PC only (again might just be at the moment) FPS that should be obvious that can't use a controller, I was just hoping I could.

As I've not used M+K for a shooter or any game really for years and then it's just moving backwards & forwards on DOOM, I'm finding it really hard to adjust and not the mouse aiming bit but going to all the different buttons to use my power ups etc and move at the same time.

It'll just take some practice to get used to it and if you haven't I'd look at your key binds for the power ups etc so they are on keys you can reach comfortably. Oh and if your mouse has them maybe use the extra buttons on there to ease up on the amount your left hand will have to do.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyThu 21 May 2020 - 11:10

I'll try that but thinking about it on a controller your right hand is doing almost everything with 7 buttons/sticks where your left is doing 3 maybe 4 with the D-Pad is normally for taunts etc (or would be in this)

where on M+K playing Valorant my right hand I'm doing two things moving the camera and firing where the left does everything else which is about 8 or 10 keys, I feel I want to play the other way around.

Played some Crucible which came out today from Amazon Game Studios, it's the first game I've played where the graphics etc have taken a hit on the laptop which I was tad surprised about as a f2p game and being AGS first game I thought it would have been better optimized as to compare to Valorant that runs & looks way better, that I would have thought AGS would want Crucible to be accessible the most people they can much like how Gears 5 & other Xbox Game Studio games can run on really low hardware.

The game itself wasn't fun either, just dull
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyThu 21 May 2020 - 15:51

Thinking about it as if it's the same might be why it's causing you problems as well, as on M+K hand position and finger placements matter way more than it does on a controller.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyThu 21 May 2020 - 15:59

Yeah more than likely but hard to get out of 27 years of habit
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyThu 21 May 2020 - 16:06

Yup I know I'd probably be all over the place if I tried to play R6 siege on PC.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyFri 22 May 2020 - 10:05

I'm gonna say it - analogue stick aiming, while more difficult than mouse aiming, is actually more natural and therefore better for an FPS.

Motion pointer/light gun remains the best tho
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyFri 22 May 2020 - 14:29

Ooft! That's a mighty bold claim, I feel I should point out I'd be in the same situation that mas has where my mouse aiming would be fine but it'd be combining that with the keys of my left hand that'd cause the real problem.

I'm with you on the motion pointer though and I think it's actually a massive shame it hasn't become standard for console shooters. (I'd even settle for it being an alt control set up)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyFri 22 May 2020 - 16:46

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Motion pointer/light gun remains the best tho

The only view that matters. I've never actually played a shooty game with mouse though.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyThu 9 Jul 2020 - 22:12

Even though I moaned elsewhere on how can I find what I want from 50k games in the STEAM Sale and why it needs curation, and why I sort prefer the Epic store.  

I was looking at games SWERY directed and noticed The Missing: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories which then I spotted was sale on STEAM that I added to my cart which brought up some suggestions.

That I ended up getting The Missing £10, Cloudpunk £10, Kind Words £3 and Monster Prom £3.

Might have got Disco Elysium but still hope to play on console or do some sort gameshare with Muss on PC, but yeah will be playing some PC games maybe soon.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyFri 10 Jul 2020 - 2:57

The Missing, Cloudpunk and Disco are on my list but they're all games I'll play on Switch when I see a decent price or I'm feeling flush.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyThu 16 Jul 2020 - 11:33

Cloudpunk comes to console next month from looking at the August games, I'm yet to play it though to say if it's good or not.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2020 - 2:45

Lost internet access for a good two weeks so decided it was a good time to get lost in some open world RPGs. Witcher 3 might have been one of them, but I didn't want to play it without any updates, so instead I replayed New Vegas a few times. All the endings, two fairly comprehensive playthroughs with me discovering all the locations in one of them. Decided to try avoid losing karma as much as possible in that one as well but there are some cases where it's almost impossible to avoid it if you want to do the right thing, and the karma system is also weird, inconsistent and I think a bit buggy as well. Karma for murdering a raider before they've even decided to attack you, but if you want to steal their supplies well, that's just downright evil apparently. Also I killed Mr House of course.

I planned on doing the DLCs again but after Happy Trails I wasn't really feeling it and recalled that I wasn't too blown away by them. I can tell most of them are pretty good but I like the open world too much.

Then I played Morrowind again, which I hadn't dipped into properly for years but I used to be obsessed with the game as it was my first open world RPG, and probably my first open world game full stop (apart from GTA III I guess). I have struggled to get back into the game a few times before but I was surprised by how much I was enjoying it. It's really fun developing your character because it's so rewarding. You start off very slow and incapable at first but you can strengthen so many aspects of your character like your movement and how high you can jump, as well as all the skills you typically get in the other Bethesda games. So much of the game is dated though. NPCs aren't very fun to talk to. They all say the same things and dump large paragraphs on you at a time. Back then I read up all the lore the game let me but I couldn't be bothered this time. A lot of it was good but there's just so much of it and I don't always know what's worth reading.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptySat 5 Sep 2020 - 20:11

Oh man, Morrowind. That's a game I wish I had played closer to the time it came out. My first dip into it was after my old desktop died and I was given a shitty laptop to see me through uni, which was about a year before Skyrim came out.

It was good fun but I found it difficult to get into what with it being so old. Just the combat mechanics mostly. What I really liked about it, compared to Skyrim certainly, is that I felt like there were consequences to my actions and like I was a part of the world. Skyrim just makes me feel like the chosen one in a dolls house.

Always found it daft, for example, that in Skyrim you could master all the guilds and then do nothing with them - if I'm going to have that much power, why can't I do something with it? Morrowind does much better here because some of the guild memberships are mutually exclusive beyond a certain point, which again makes me feel a bit more like a part of a broader world.

It's still a Bestesda game, I'm sure you can roflstomp it if you want to, but if there's ever a game I'd like to see a remaster for, well... maybe I'll try that Skrim conversion mod for it one day.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptySun 6 Sep 2020 - 19:14

I'm not sure whether to jump into Morrowind. I also missed it the first time, but loved Oblivion and Skyrim; possibly Oblivion more. I've got it in my Steam backlog, but I've had a couple of friends say NO DON'T DO IT! I dunno, you might have convinced me to try...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptySun 6 Sep 2020 - 19:20

Morrowind was a banger on OG Xbox, what helped make that great
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyWed 9 Sep 2020 - 10:47

Jimbob wrote:
I'm not sure whether to jump into Morrowind. I also missed it the first time, but loved Oblivion and Skyrim; possibly Oblivion more. I've got it in my Steam backlog, but I've had a couple of friends say NO DON'T DO IT! I dunno, you might have convinced me to try...

Sounds like it could be your cup of tea. There are a lot of HD mods which would be worth taking a look at if you are going to take the plunge.

I reckon you'll know pretty quickly if it isn't going to hit the spot.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyThu 10 Sep 2020 - 19:25

Speaking of Jim's cup of tea, I've finally started The Witness and - hm.

I imagine it opens up in a big way, but at the moment the puzzle type seems a bit limited and dull, and there have been several cases where my mouse clicks have been misinterpreted. Whoever decided the click should mean 'leave puzzle' as well as 'finish puzzle' deserves some time on the naughty step. Presumably it's Jonathan Blow. Also: is Jonathan Blow pretentious? He seems pretentious.

I'll keep on at it, but it's not been a great start. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptySun 13 Sep 2020 - 20:39

Balladeer wrote:
Presumably it's Jonathan Blow.  Also: is Jonathan Blow pretentious?  He seems pretentious.
Yes.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyMon 14 Sep 2020 - 11:56

The Witness is a banger, I shall hear no bad words thanks.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyMon 14 Sep 2020 - 19:13

I will have plenty of bad words to say about the damn controls, I can tell you that. DAMN YOU!

Meanwhile The Lady's playing a mixture of Avernum 2, an isometric RPG made by one bloke apparently; and Redout, which looks like it might be quite a nice little F-Zero-a-like if anyone's missing that in their life. She definitely has more varied tastes than me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyMon 14 Sep 2020 - 19:28

We know you don't like video games 😂
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyTue 15 Sep 2020 - 10:48

Balladeer wrote:
I will have plenty of bad words to say about the damn controls, I can tell you that. DAMN YOU!

Meanwhile The Lady's playing a mixture of Avernum 2, an isometric RPG made by one bloke apparently; and Redout, which looks like it might be quite a nice little F-Zero-a-like if anyone's missing that in their life.  She definitely has more varied tastes than me.

I've always been tempted by Redout but never taken the plunge, looks pretty from what I recall.

As for The Witness, it really wasn't for me. Can't say I remember much about the controls, just not really into that sort of a puzzle. Much more of a data boy.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyWed 16 Sep 2020 - 20:38

Witness thoughts:
Balla - plug in a controller - a lot easier than mouse/keyboard I assume
Crumpo - The game itself I will also defend; the yakkety-yak not so
Muss - What genre is data?
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyFri 18 Sep 2020 - 11:14

I didn't word that very well. I think what I meant to say was, when it comes to me solving something I prefer dials and numbers that I can tweak and watch.

This is why I like things like Crusader Kings, Prison Architect, and Football Manager. Obviously they aren't traditional puzzles, but things to do with manipulating probability and building upon a foundation.

The way I think isn't really attuned to a lot of the puzzles in The Witness so it's one of those games that I can appreciate without enjoying if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 EmptyFri 18 Sep 2020 - 13:12

Balladeer wrote:
Presumably it's Jonathan Blow.  Also: is Jonathan Blow pretentious?  He seems pretentious.

Hahahaha god yes.

Still, The Witness is really clever and there's definitely a bit where I went from "eh, this is fine" to "ohhhh that's what they're... OHHHH" so I'd recommend plugging in a USB controller (will the DS3 from your PS3 not work) and using that instead.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you playing on your computer?   What are you playing on your computer? - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you playing on your computer?
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next