We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!

Go down 
+12
Buskalilly
NintenDUCK
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Admin
Treesmurf
Balladeer
Silver light
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 21 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013 - 16:09

*wipes face*

Delighted to see the first Phoenix Wright game make the list (not least because I voted for it!). I'm always edgy (yes) about games from a series (Ace Attorney, Layton, Pokémon) as they can split votes. Can't begrudge Bowser's Inside Story its place, either. Well keen to get into the top five now!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 21 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013 - 16:14

Phillips wrote:
On another note, my vote thread is ready to go - I've typed out the opening post, said what's allowed and what's debatable. As I'm about to start a postgraduate degree I'm eager to start it as soon as possible, be it this week or next. If someone else is wanting to take it off of my hands they're more than welcome to do so.
My plan is to wrap this up by Friday evening, so you could easily set off on Saturday or Sunday. Smile 

The planned schedule is sixth and fifth tonight, fourth tomorrow, dishonourables and third place on Thursday and the honourables and top 2 on Friday. Smile 
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 21 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013 - 20:10

Onwards with our favourite DS games!

Sixth Place -
Spoiler:

Fifth Place -
Spoiler:

You may have noticed a gulf in points between 7th and 6th and 5th... that's not the case for our top 5. Prepare to be surprised over the next few days folks!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 21 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013 - 20:25

I have to admit I'm surprised that Mario Kart made it. It's one of my favourite ones but it doesn't even scratch my top 15 DS games. Still no votes from me have shown up Sad Come on guys, get your votes right!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 21 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013 - 20:29

My first placing! (But my tenth place.) I'm a tad surprised it ranked so low: I thought many of the people who'd given it first place before would do so again!

MKDS... A soulless, coin-infested, snake-happy series entry, lacking the single-console split-screen joy of the home console editions. Mission Mode was good, but not that good. It might have made my top twenty, but... my views are very different from the majority, it would seem. Unsurprisingly.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 21 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013 - 20:34

Yay! Mariokart! I'm getting quite excited for this top 5. You'd better not be overhyping this, jay Suspect. Can't say much about TWEWY being there what with me having still not bothered to buy it (shame on me, I know) this has definitely urged me to buy and maybe even play it at some point.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 21 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013 - 23:11

I don't mind Mario Kart DS, but I felt it was miles behind the best that the PSP had at the time. The main disappointment I had with it probably stemmed from how good Ridge Racers and Burnout Legends were. I'd maybe have enjoyed it more at the time if I knew about how to go online too. Still, I don't think that even at it's best it would have got in my top ten.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 21 EmptyTue 10 Sep 2013 - 23:45

Mario Kart was an original consideration for me, but it got nudged out by other games I played just as much but regard more fondly these days. Not a bad showing in the list for TWEWY there, I guess.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 21 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2013 - 0:41

NintenDUCK wrote:
I'm getting quite excited for this top 5. You'd better not be overhyping this, jay Suspect
It surprised me to say the least. Based on the previous weekly votes, it's not how I thought the top 5 would look.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 21 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2013 - 9:19

I'm still trying to get hold of TWEWY and maybe Infinite Space after you guy's keep banging on about them.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 21 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2013 - 11:10

Yes! Get Infinite Space! Sorely underrated, and you know that Andyman's usually wrong anyway.

Just... saved in multiple files, so you don't get stuck.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 21 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2013 - 11:17

Yeah he has a strange taste in games.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 21 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2013 - 11:29

Mario Kart DS?! That didn't even cross my mind, its good but top ten good? I should try going back to TWEWY I enjoyed it which is why it made my list but I got stuck on a boss many moons ago & I didn't feel like grinding.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 21 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2013 - 14:46

Didn't vote for either Mario Kart DS or TWEWY (the former because I didn't enjoy it all that much; should have got more multiplayer in) (the latter because, although it was beautiful and clever and told a swell story, I was all fingers and thumbs at the combat) but I'm happy to see them place. Jay is really revving us up for the Top 5, as well! He deserves a badge of some kind.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 21 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2013 - 18:21

Nothing wrong with my tastes I just know what is good and bad Winky Face If you wanna spend money on Infinite Space instead of flushing it down a toilet or burning it it's up to you Razz

I really do need to pick up TWEWY though... Maybe Christmas!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 21 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2013 - 18:49

See I've got Balla telling me it's worth getting and you Andy saying I'd be better throwing my money down the drain. But I don't know how my and Balla's tastes compare but I know how mine and yours compare Andy like so.

You like modern Resident Evil's Andy which I think are garbage, you don't like proper resident evil's but I think there some of the best games ever made.

You like Fallout 3, I think it's dull and boring and the worse 10hrs of my gaming live.

And don't even get me started on the N64 and Journey.

So I'm leaning more towards Ballas point of view on Infinite Space.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 21 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2013 - 19:22

I can't recommend TWEWY highly enough, I really can't. Anyone having trouble with the battles might want to crank the yellow on-the-fly difficulty slider down. You're not massively penalised for doing so, unless you're after some of the rarer Pins.

I've still never played my copy of Infinite Space. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 21 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2013 - 20:39

We're getting closer to the end.

Fourth Place -
Spoiler:

Third Place -
Spoiler:

Tomorrow, it's the worst of DS! If you haven't already, please send in a few of your least favourite DS games. You've got till 6pm tomorrow to do that if you want!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 21 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2013 - 20:44

Now, this is a curious one.  Big games unmentioned as of yet:

Hotel Dusk
Ghost Trick

NSMB
Touched!
Phantom Hourglass

???

If I were forced to guess, it'd be PH and NSMB taking the top votes.  I really hope they don't, since I didn't care much for either, but that's my guess.  Anyway, two very good Pokémon games that deserved to place highly.

Bring on the hatred!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 21 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2013 - 21:30

I wouldn't mind seeing a Layton, or more Pheonix Wright. Not a single one of my votes has shown up still Sad
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 21 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2013 - 21:46

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict one of the top two:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 21 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2013 - 22:06

Does this forum permit betting?

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 21 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2013 - 22:09

That didn't even cross my mind Phillips, I liked it, but I didn't love it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 21 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2013 - 22:14

If you guys would like me to, I could post the honourable mentions tomorrow with every game that's been voted for including the top 2, then sneakily edit them out tomorrow when the top 2 go up so you can at least have an idea of what's been voted for?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 21 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2013 - 22:39

I'm quite happy to speculate. This old NGamer thread might be a useful in suggesting what we thought was the best game on the DS: http://forums.computerandvideogames.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=124092&p=1893075&hilit=HeartGold#p1893075

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!   The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting! - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BIG DS Voting Thread, Coming to You Weekly: Thanks For Voting!
Page 21 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next