We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's new (pussycat)?

Go down 
+28
Dead Lemon
Axis1500
Buskalilly
masofdas
Athrun888
Jimbob
fronkhead
Treesmurf
Vidofnir
Tingle
shanks
nupkin
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroSuitSamus2
Silver light
wenywoowoo
ZeroJones
mandlecreed
JayMoyles
Fancy Fancy
The_Jaster
Gwyn400
beemoh
NintenDUCK
Dusty Knackers
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
Admin
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

What's new (pussycat)? - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new (pussycat)?   What's new (pussycat)? - Page 26 EmptyMon 18 Dec 2017 - 12:22

I'm viewing the forum on my phone and it doesn't stretch all the way across. Bizarre. No
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's new (pussycat)?   What's new (pussycat)? - Page 26 EmptyMon 18 Dec 2017 - 21:43

On the 'phone it's even better: it looks like the grackler is shooting it from his finger.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What's new (pussycat)?   What's new (pussycat)? - Page 26 EmptyMon 18 Dec 2017 - 22:52

That's a good point! Laughing Tempted to stick with it for that very reason.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What's new (pussycat)?   What's new (pussycat)? - Page 26 EmptyWed 31 Jan 2018 - 9:27

Shifted a smattering of Wii threads from the Wii U and Wii forum into Retro. It was about time.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's new (pussycat)?   What's new (pussycat)? - Page 26 EmptyWed 31 Jan 2018 - 11:17

Good idea as the Wii to me is retro as in the sense the Switch is current gen and the Wii U is last gen even though the Wii is the same gen as PS360 which is last gen.

I would even say move DS to retro but that's even more strange as the Switch officially isn't the 3DS replacement, meaning 3DS still current and DS last gen.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's new (pussycat)?   What's new (pussycat)? - Page 26 EmptyWed 31 Jan 2018 - 12:53

Not sure if this is possible but on the main forum list could the wii U & Nintendo switch sections be swapped around?

So it's like this:

Nintendo Switch
Nintendo handhelds & mobile
Wii U & Wii
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What's new (pussycat)?   What's new (pussycat)? - Page 26 EmptyWed 31 Jan 2018 - 13:00

There's only 2,385 ways to find out...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's new (pussycat)?   What's new (pussycat)? - Page 26 EmptyWed 31 Jan 2018 - 21:16

I agree with Mas - the Wii is well and truly retro now. In any case, this is a better look for the forum. Will there ever come a day, though, when we only need two sub-fora for Ninty: current hybrid and previous? Or will mobile fill the gap? We live in an exciting age, my friends.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's new (pussycat)?   What's new (pussycat)? - Page 26 EmptyFri 13 Apr 2018 - 22:30

I suspect this isn't new, but - Forumotion supports emojis.  You can either use them direct, or you can use their :emoji_code:.  

Not all of these work, but most of the obvious ones do: https://www.webpagefx.com/tools/emoji-cheat-sheet/  Skin tone/gender modifiers don't seem to work though.

👍
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What's new (pussycat)?   What's new (pussycat)? - Page 26 EmptyFri 13 Apr 2018 - 23:05

I have been seeing emojis in a few people’s posts - thanks for the confirmation, sir! Grin
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's new (pussycat)?   What's new (pussycat)? - Page 26 EmptyFri 13 Apr 2018 - 23:36

So tasty! 🍖
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What's new (pussycat)?   What's new (pussycat)? - Page 26 EmptySat 14 Apr 2018 - 9:49

Don't tell me that - I'm going to spam posts with random incongruous animals and buildings now...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's new (pussycat)?   What's new (pussycat)? - Page 26 EmptySat 14 Apr 2018 - 10:12

Sounds like potential 🐼monium to me Jim.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's new (pussycat)?   What's new (pussycat)? - Page 26 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 12:19

I don't know where to put this as it's forum news which I guess this is.

I don't think I've been this sad coming on here as I tweeted Drunka and Zero seeing if they were okay as Drunka seemed a bit down from his tweets and we hadn't seen Zero for a while.

Drunka seems okay which is the good news, Zero on the other himself if okay which I got this reply I’m alright, boss. I’m not coming back to the forum, though. I’ve not fallen out with anyone, though - it’s just about having more free time. It took up a lot of time, the GNamer Forum. followed up with this after I ask about him coming back not as an admin I don’t think so, sir. A clean break is best for me..

This is a real shame, I don't if I should have said anything or wait for Jay to post something as the sole admin now but I feel I had to say something as coming on here now feels different and things like the meetup has completely changed for someone like me who's not met Zero.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's new (pussycat)?   What's new (pussycat)? - Page 26 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 19:06

I'll leave it to Jay to do the talkings, but I will say that Zero wouldn't have been making the meet-up anyway. It's bang smack in the middle of his marking period.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's new (pussycat)?   What's new (pussycat)? - Page 26 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 20:32

Yeah, like all of you I'm gutted to see Zero leave, not only as an admin but from the forum full stop. I do hope he'll pop in at some point, but I understand if he wants a clean break.

Don't worry about tweeting him Mas - I was holding off to a) sort out the changing of the guard and b) to avoid him being hounded on Twitter mere minutes after told me he was leaving, but the latter happened anyway. Laughing

Still, as gutted as I am to see him go, the forum continues on as best it can! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's new (pussycat)?   What's new (pussycat)? - Page 26 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 20:42

JayMoyles wrote:
Don't worry about tweeting him Mas - I was holding off to a) sort out the changing of the guard and b) to avoid him being hounded on Twitter mere minutes after told me he was leaving, but the latter happened anyway. Laughing

I hounded him too Mas, it's not just you.  

So yeah... I'm admin. again.  I take no pleasure in saying that: like all of you, I'll miss Zero something rotten, and he was a better admin. than I will be.  Apart from anything else (a much leveller head is pretty big 'else'), I'm not sure I'll have time to do regular Admintendi.  Hopefully I can help Jay change the taggers, if nowt else.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's new (pussycat)?   What's new (pussycat)? - Page 26 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 20:55

Works for me as I always forget to change it at the best of times! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What's new (pussycat)?   What's new (pussycat)? - Page 26 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 21:00

I think Drunka put it really well on the Twitters today. Selfishly, we all want Zero here and it's a strange feeling knowing that we won't be seeing his thoughts on anything from snacks to Nintendo. I'd like to think he'll pop in from time to time but if it's a clean break he needs, then it's a clean break he needs, and I look forward to challenging him to a spot of Mario Tennis and whatever else comes out on Switch in the future.

I'm sure someone will post this if I don't: It's been a good run for the big man. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's new (pussycat)?   What's new (pussycat)? - Page 26 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 21:12

Aye I can only repeat what the others are saying, you will be missed squire.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What's new (pussycat)?   What's new (pussycat)? - Page 26 EmptyWed 2 May 2018 - 7:22

I'm genuinely quite heartbroken by this. It's weird; I'll continue to interact with the big man on twitter, instagram, facebook. Just like the rest of you, I see him as a genuine close friend, no less than people I've originally met in the real world. Not having him on this forum won't remove him from my life.

On the other hand, Zero has always been a very integral part of this community. Someone once described me as the heart and soul of the place, but to me that was Zero. Just permanently, impossibly nice, passionate and fun. With me interacting more and more with forumites elsewhere, be it on twitter and other social media, through actual skype conversations and so on, I feel like I'm getting less and less from the pure forum experience. Even in this, most of us already said our piece on twitter.

I do partly feel this is the beginning of the end. Not with a falling out and a bang, but just a slow decline as we all grow older, spread out into the world and find ourselves doing our chit-chat through other means and sharing our big gaming thoughts on more shareable websites.

I don't know if that's the worst thing. I spend a lot of time coming on here, reading and replying. That time would undoubtedly be better spent studying Japanese, working on my book, or actually playing the games we talk about. Gnamer the forum will always be important to me, but GNamer the community is much more important. I've made great friends here and those friendships are more than strong enough to survive moving beyond the forum -- Zero is case in point.

I love you, Zero, if you ever read this.

I love the rest of you too.

This isn't me saying goodbye, I have no plans to quit the forum. I'm just thinking out loud, and saying that even if the future doesn't see me coming onto messedupcables.forumotion.net every day, I'm sure you'll always be my friends.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's new (pussycat)?   What's new (pussycat)? - Page 26 EmptyWed 2 May 2018 - 12:37

I was just worried something happened to him like he fallen ill and wanted to make sure he was okay due not to seeing him on here as Drunka says he was the heart & soul of this place that I was shocked to get his reply.

I know you said about hounding him but I do think us all tweeting him does show we care if he doesn't see a post like Drunkas.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What's new (pussycat)?   What's new (pussycat)? - Page 26 EmptyWed 2 May 2018 - 20:36

Not met Zero but he's always seemed really friendly and genuine. Can totally understand why he'd want to take a break as this is a daily task, but unlike Twitter or Facebook, the forum takes a bit more time to formulate good conversation.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's new (pussycat)?   What's new (pussycat)? - Page 26 EmptyThu 3 May 2018 - 0:00

I love the forum for that reason though. I don't use Facebook really, and it's a real pain to have an extended chat on Twitter without something being lost in translation by shortening your thoughts along the line.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What's new (pussycat)?   What's new (pussycat)? - Page 26 EmptyThu 3 May 2018 - 9:14

Yup. At the moment at least:

• I use Facebook to share pictures of Japan with my family
  • I use twitter to promote myself
  • I use instagram to look cool
  • I use the forum to actually communicate.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's new (pussycat)?   What's new (pussycat)? - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's new (pussycat)?
Page 26 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29 ... 33  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Forum Feedback/News-
Jump to: