We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)

Go down 
+10
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
oldschool
shanks
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
beemoh
Balladeer
Athrun888
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 EmptySun 8 Feb 2015 - 18:18

...I don't get it. Meh I'm more concerned about Drunka getting AA. THIS WAS NOT INTENTIONAL.

Australia are the main host nation though, Mas.  The final, for instance, is played in Melbourne.  They haven't played NZ for a good while, but Oz are 2/1 favourites for the cup.  Both are decent, as you say.

And yup, Kumar Sangakkara is a very good batsman.  My favourite thing about Sri Lanka, though, is the bowlers.  They've got Rangana Herath, who looks like a bus conductor yet is absolutely lethal; and Lasith Malinga, who has the finest hair in sport since Valderrama.

General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 209865686malinga
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 EmptySun 8 Feb 2015 - 18:22

Ohh as if you search the Cricket World Cup it says it's New Zealand but hey the Rugby World Cup in in England yet there's games in Cardiff.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 EmptySun 8 Feb 2015 - 19:22

Balladeer wrote:
...I don't get it. Meh I'm more concerned about Drunka getting AA.  THIS WAS NOT INTENTIONAL.

That's because I messed up the joke. Thumbs Up! The Internet is a poorer place for its loss.

Let's talk about Drunka being in the Automobile Association instead! That's just - no, wait... Duh!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 EmptySun 8 Feb 2015 - 19:59

I'm all about the AA.

That said, I put my shoulder out by drunkenly lifting up a mate on Friday night outside the kebab van.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 EmptySun 8 Feb 2015 - 20:05

Drunkalilly wrote:
I'm all about the AA.

That said, I put my shoulder out by drunkenly lifting up a mate on Friday night outside the kebab van.

General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 John-cena-sucks-o
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 EmptySun 8 Feb 2015 - 23:39

Pakistan and West Indies, eh? 14/1 and 16/1 odds from Balla's previous post. The worst from the top 7 and best from the bottom 7.

Can I swap West Indies for New Zealand with Mr ???, or am I going to have to learn what the West Indies are?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 EmptyMon 9 Feb 2015 - 7:10

That's an idea: if nobody takes the final slot, I might let you swap Pakistan out for NZ and let Mas swap the UAE out for Bangladesh, as the worst teams in each list.

You will have to learn who the WI are, I'm afraid - but they're quite likely to win you £10!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 EmptyMon 9 Feb 2015 - 8:08

Balladeer wrote:
Athrun888: England Laughing

Sorry to disappoint but they were actually my third wanted team.  Razz  I'm actually relieved that I got them, I spent all this time worrying I'd get India.

I'm more bothered by Scotland to be honest, I'll admit I had hopes of drawing a team like Zimbabwe, or at least not a team so rock bottom my local town side would give them a run for their money. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 EmptyMon 9 Feb 2015 - 9:34

Balladeer wrote:
That's an idea: if nobody takes the final slot, I might let you swap Pakistan out for NZ and let Mas swap the UAE out for Bangladesh, as the worst teams in each list.

You will have to learn who the WI are, I'm afraid - but they're quite likely to win you £10!

I'll take West Indies Very Happy as I know there decent with Chris Gayle
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 EmptyMon 9 Feb 2015 - 12:07

Erm... about that...

Also, today's humorous cricket picture is Kyle Abbott of South Africa:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 EmptyMon 9 Feb 2015 - 12:14

Ohh but there still better then UAE, Reckon I'm better then any of the UAE team.

Also dam it I'm looking at the Cricket thread also me and Drunka bright up Wrestling again somehow in relation to Cricket.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 EmptyMon 9 Feb 2015 - 13:06

Well they are intrinsically linked. Which cricket fan can forget David Warner and Joe Root's epic cage match prior to the 2013 Ashes?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015 - 8:17

Sorry for the double post, but Treesmurf has replaced Mr. XXX in the draw! Which I'm afraid means that Mas and DL are stuck with their teams. My apologies, gents.
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015 - 23:01

I have total faith in my teams.

:shrink:
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015 - 23:09

The last time I drew Ireland in a sporting sweepstake they earned me the wooden spoon. Good luck to 'em - hopefully they've a better cricket team than a football team. Meh
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 EmptyFri 13 Feb 2015 - 8:48

So, the World Cup starts tomorrow!  (This night for six of us.)  Good luck to all.  To give you a very limited idea of what to expect, here's how the warm-up matches panned out, complete with names tailored to the event (for clarity, you know) and the Balladeer Surprised-at-the-Result-o-Meter.

Matches:

Again, don't take too much from these.  The warm-ups use 15 players on each team, not eleven, and are low-pressure matches to give all the players some playing time.  Still, some interesting results there.  I'm rooting for Musichtenstein B (i.e. Zimbabwe) to surprise everyone.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 EmptySat 14 Feb 2015 - 9:11

Australia is, unsurprisingly, steamrolling England right now.  Engalnd's already four wickets down for a measly 71 runs, at this rate they'll be lucky if they reach 250 before getting out.  I certianly don't expect them to last the innings, and they've got no real hope of chasing down the runs.  

Oh, wait a sec, aren't I supposed to be cheering them on or something?  Umm, go England!  

General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 Komaed10

You can do it!

I will say this in their favour mind you, that hattrick at the end of Australias innings was fun to watch. Some excellent fielding and bowling combined to net Finn not only five wickets in total, but ending the innings with a Hattrick literally on the last ball.

And while I was editing this the fifth wicket falls for only two runs what more than the total they had when I started writing this. All things considered I think I'll round my estimate down a hundred runs, they'll be lucky to crack 150.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 EmptySat 14 Feb 2015 - 10:20

Whee, England doing badly in LO cricket again! It's just like old times. Dance And by "old times" I mean "current times". Dat James Taylor, though.

Smurf's looking good to at least reach the semis with New Zealand, unsurprisingly.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 EmptySat 14 Feb 2015 - 10:51

On the bright side they at least cracked the 200 run mark!  I really shouldn't be applauding such a minor feat but given the state they were in it's good to see they at least were able to pull themselves together and prevent a defeat of a farcical scale, not only that but to put over a hundred runs on the tally.  They may have lost, but at least they've put on a good show, and against lesser sides they should do a fair bit better.

Well that was a pretty crummy way to end the match, Taylor misses out on his century by a measly two runs. But not because he was out lbw, which was immediately reviewed and found to be missing the stumps. No, instead the ball was ruled to not be a dead ball, and Anderson was found to have been run out instead. A pretty crummy note to end things on all said and done, but it is what it is and Australia wins the match by 111 runs.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 EmptySat 14 Feb 2015 - 13:38

Taylor wuz rubbed. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 EmptyMon 16 Feb 2015 - 8:19

In surprising news Ireland won their first match today, topping West India's score with 304 runs. Granted the West Indies aren't exactly a top tier team understatement of the century, but all things considered I'd say that's a pretty big achievement.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 EmptyMon 16 Feb 2015 - 12:55

Good news for Zero! I reckon it'll be Ireland and Zim fighting it out for the best second-string side, unless there's a really good showing from Bangladesh all of a sudden.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 EmptyWed 18 Feb 2015 - 12:46

Fingers crossed! I don't know the name of a single Irish cricketer (they're all married, see). *ba-dum, tish*

Last edited by ZeroJones on Wed 18 Feb 2015 - 13:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 EmptyWed 18 Feb 2015 - 13:00

Oh, they're definitely not. In fact, there was an event recently, where an Australian man tried to blackmail Eoin Morgan for having previously dated his girlfriend. Er. Shocked

(Eoin Morgan, confusingly, is an Irish cricketer who captains England. Badly.)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 EmptySat 28 Feb 2015 - 1:09

Presuming that Athrun will be interested in this match: the hosts face off.  Possibly Drunka and the absent Smurfy as well.

Auckland looking like an awful cricket ground so far.  Too easy to clout balls for six.

EDIT: Well I was dead wrong! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)   General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home) - Page 18 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Cricket Thread (It's Come Home)
Page 18 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 25 ... 33  Next