We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion.

Go down 
+9
Crumpy Andy
Dusty Knackers
Axis1500
Admin
ZeroJones
Treesmurf
Balladeer
masofdas
oldschool
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion.   StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion. - Page 3 EmptySun 9 Mar 2014 - 22:03

If my memory serves me right, that's the one where you need two yellows to cause a huge sandstorm that blows the poison away.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion.   StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion. - Page 3 EmptySun 9 Mar 2014 - 23:15

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion.   StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion. - Page 3 EmptyThu 15 May 2014 - 13:50

Not sure it deserves its own thread (watch Shanks disagree with me), so it goes here: Pokémon Streetpass game trailer. Pokémon XY x StreetPass Battle x Paper Mario?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion.   StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion. - Page 3 EmptyThu 15 May 2014 - 14:02

He might as he can play it on his Jap 3DS, but will we even get it over here and it's only a limited release anyway.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion.   StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion. - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 May 2014 - 2:49

Any StreetPass game is welcome on my 3DS so looking forward to that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion.   StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion. - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 May 2014 - 3:30

Balladeer wrote:
Not sure it deserves its own thread (watch Shanks disagree with me), so it goes here: Pokémon Streetpass game trailer.  Pokémon XY x StreetPass Battle x Paper Mario?

I disagree!! Don't know why But I'm apparently meant to

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion.   StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion. - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 May 2014 - 7:22

Because it's a Pokémon game, and therefore in your eyes eligible for its own thread. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion.   StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion. - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 May 2014 - 7:38

Balladeer wrote:
Because it's a Pokémon game, and therefore in your eyes eligible for its own thread. Very Happy 

:affraid:

Ohh I see well then  Hissy fit 
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion.   StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion. - Page 3 EmptyFri 30 May 2014 - 1:57

Just got around to buying the set of four StreetPass games a couple of days ago.

They're all pretty fun. Fleshing out every floor in Mansion is satisfying, especially when you manage to slot together same-colour floor pieces, Tetris-style. Garden is deceptively complex and I'm enjoying the whole "can you manage to get a new breed of flower?" challenge. Squad is a fun shoot-em-up and it's particularly good when you have a lot of StreetPass hits (I've been in London for a few days where people actually carry 3DSes with them).

Battle is a weird one. It's fine, but a bit simple compared to the others. A monarch with over a million in his kingdom came to visit and Wentworth hurriedly informed me that my 4000-strong army probably wouldn't win against him. So I greeted him nicely and was not massacred. That's how militaries work, right?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion.   StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion. - Page 3 EmptyFri 30 May 2014 - 8:30

Aye, it is. For me, it quickly emerged that Battle was the worst of the lot and nothing I've played of it since has dissuaded me. At the moment, I've only got one plaza ticket to get from the four of them, which is the one for getting all the puzzle boxes in Mansion. That is going to take time.

In the meantime, enjoy your Quests, Rum! Grin
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion.   StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion. - Page 3 EmptyThu 5 Jun 2014 - 5:53

So yeah I downloaded the Pokemon game and it is not bad, I did lose a lot of Fenneken somehow against Pancham
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion.   StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion. - Page 3 EmptyFri 18 Jul 2014 - 10:13

Just finished the battle one for a second time and half way a 3rd play through, on about 30 plants, also just going to beat the boss on the second quest and my pictures are coming along nicely after meeting someone from my 10th different country.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion.   StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion. - Page 3 EmptyFri 18 Jul 2014 - 23:39

A couple of months on and my opinions are a little different:

Squad is fun if you have a lot of hits - but there's no point in playing it if you only got one or two people. I rarely get more than 2 or 3, so I rarely play Squad.

Battle is pretty bland - especially having gotten to the ninja country where it doesn't even bother with the rock-paper-scissors formula and outright tells you the only way you'll win if you have more soldiers than the enemy. No strategy, just weeks of waiting for numbers to trickle in via StreetPass (there is one guy who must live nearby who I've passed 11 times, but each time he only adds 39 soldiers to my army - great).

I now see why people hate Mendel in Garden. "There's plenty to do"; "remember what plant pals are?"; "shops!"; "remember what I told you about..." YES I REALLY REALLY DO. So I don't really bother doing anything other than meet StreetPass people - the other characters are all annoying as fuck.

I like Mansion a lot, but the boss of floor 10 is utterly destroying me, and appears to be a horrid difficulty spike (I've almost covered every floor in tiles). And that's pretty annoying.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion.   StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion. - Page 3 EmptyMon 4 Aug 2014 - 15:48

So, which of the Streetpass games would you recommend to me? I had a browse through the thread and there seemed to be mixed opinions on them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion.   StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion. - Page 3 EmptyMon 4 Aug 2014 - 23:54

I still play them all, but I've found that Mansion is the most interesting (I got past that boss - think it was just a matter of using a different weapon than the ones I'd tried). But Squad is actually a pretty accompished shoot-em-up - you're just probably going to have to spend a bunch of play coins hiring people to join your squad each time (Edinburgh's not amazing for StreetPass hits, I can tell you right now - I've been getting 3 a day over the past few days).

Garden is surprisingly deep but it's tedious. Battle is ok but very simplistic and it takes forever to actually get anywhere with it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion.   StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion. - Page 3 EmptyTue 5 Aug 2014 - 9:14

I'd say Mansion > Battle > Squad > Garden.

Mansion is a huge amount of fun. Paper Mario-style battling combined with puzzle pieces and dungeon crawling.
Battle's a bit throwaway, but that's not necessarily a bad thing for a Streetpass title.
Squad is a decent shoot-em-up that doesn't fit the Streetpass format. Takes too long to play through each stage.
Garden is as exciting as watching grass grow.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion.   StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion. - Page 3 EmptyTue 5 Aug 2014 - 16:24

I saw you can get them all in a combo pack, so I'll probably end up with all of them anyway. I might wait until I'm back in Edinburgh anyway, as even if I only get a few hits there, it's better than my hometown's whopping zero.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion.   StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion. - Page 3 EmptyTue 5 Aug 2014 - 17:01

For me, Mansion is the best of the lot. It's the only one I'm still playing, ever since all the achievements on the others fell. Squad is probably the most fun, though, whilst Garden has hidden depths (despite the initial tedium). Battle is the worst. They're all fun, in their own ways, and they certainly give extra incentive to finding StreetPass hits.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion.   StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion. - Page 3 EmptyTue 5 Aug 2014 - 18:07

Sound - considering that I'm getting one of them for free if I get the combo pack, I think I'm as well as just picking that up next month once I'm back in Edinburgh. Cheers for the advice lads.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion.   StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion. - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 Apr 2015 - 11:53

So, StreetPass Fishing and StreetPass Zombies are landing on a 3DS near you this Thursday. It'll also kick off StreetPass Week (which lasts for twelve days, natch), during which certain StreetPass Relay points will spit out hits from foreign parts.

Definitely looking forward to being enthusiastic to get hits into StreetPass Mii Plaza again! Dance
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion.   StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion. - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 Apr 2015 - 12:16

Both games aren't bad at all, especially the fishing one, don't know why but I don't mind going for a fish worth the random Mii I found
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion.   StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion. - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 Apr 2015 - 15:30

I didn't know about these new games. Cool, I will have to look them up and download them post haste.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion.   StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion. - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2015 - 16:54

I haven't beaten any of the new games save StreetPass Squad thus far. I'm very bored of Mansion and Garden because they're just so flippin' time-consuming.

Interested in the fishing game, though. I hope it's as short and sweet as Puzzle and Battle.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion.   StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion. - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2015 - 16:57

I've heard a lot of comparison to Garden so I'm not so sure. I completed my original run of squad but I'm not good enough for no damage/all gems and I don't like it enough for it either. I used to enjoy mansion but that's got a bit old for me lately. I still love Battle though and am currently on my second run.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion.   StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion. - Page 3 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2015 - 16:58

Battle's my favourite of the lot, aside from Puzzle. I just can't be arsed with the others, especially nowadays when relay points throw hits at you like there's no tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion.   StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

StreetPass Mii Plaza games discussion.
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next