We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

N64 Discussion Thread

Go down 
+14
Rattlecat
fronkhead
shanks
Dusty Knackers
Solve My Maze
JayMoyles
Jimbob
beemoh
Balladeer
masofdas
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
The_Jaster
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

N64 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: N64 Discussion Thread   N64 Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2020 - 21:44

I don't know about specific modes, but I always remember "confuse the older family members in the Archives map" by turning the wrong way at the top/bottom of the stairs. Good times! But yeah, we played it for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and... until Perfect Dark came long.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Duke of Ted
Chuffster
Duke of Ted

PostSubject: Re: N64 Discussion Thread   N64 Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2020 - 23:28

Render your opponents helpless through confusion. I like it!

Admittedly I haven't played as much Perfect Dark but it's really great. I could listen to the music on the combat simulator for ages.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: N64 Discussion Thread   N64 Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptySat 27 Jun 2020 - 18:07

I remember playing a variation of football in Goldeneye. You had 2vs2 and you'd use an ammo box as a football and try to shoot the box through your opponents' goal (usually a doorway).
Back to top Go down
Duke of Ted
Chuffster
Duke of Ted

PostSubject: Re: N64 Discussion Thread   N64 Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptySat 27 Jun 2020 - 21:27

That's a super cool idea. Those ammo boxes could certainly take some punishment.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: N64 Discussion Thread   N64 Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptySat 12 Jun 2021 - 7:57

Glenn Plant is backing making his N64 videos on YouTube, and I found his latest one to be quite interesting. He recommends N64 games for people with autism spectrum conditions.

Even with respect to the common social difficulties that seem to define and diagnose autism, I think there’s some sweeping generalisations made here. But it’s a topic that I don’t think I’ve ever seen covered by a YouTube gaming channel before, and it’s obviously well-researched and well-thought-out. It definitely made me think anyway.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: N64 Discussion Thread   N64 Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptySat 12 Jun 2021 - 19:30

Love Glenn Plant's videos, especially the ones going through old N64 Magazines. The dedication to one console is admirable and I imagine he's covered every game at this point, so good to see him branching out.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: N64 Discussion Thread   N64 Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2022 - 17:02

I think most of us here are from that ‘90s vintage, where we’ll all have random memories of the weird and wonderful games that N64 Magazine and the likes would cover. I don’t think it ever appeared on the front of any magazines or on any billboards on Princes Street, but Glover feels like a posterchild for those sort of random memories. Anyway, it’s back again next month:

I looked forward to this for ages when I was wee, and I think I might have actually got this on the weekend it launched. I didn’t get on with it though, just finding it to be really frustrating and too cumbersome. But it’s interesting and original enough that I thought it was worth reviving. What a shame that it’s by PIKO Interactive though. They’re just no good as games development, most of their stuff on Evercade was riddled with bugs and glitches, obviously unfinished before their release.

Anyway...er...Glover~!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: N64 Discussion Thread   N64 Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2022 - 21:50

Ah, Glover. One I felt I missed out on at the time ('interesting and original' is how it looked), that probably feels too old for me to play now. That's not good music for the trailer, though.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: N64 Discussion Thread   N64 Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 23 Mar 2022 - 14:27

I keep trying to play Glover on Piepacker, but that website is about as responsive as Natalya on Goldeneye's Control level. Might have to give it a download as that hand-to-ball action looks so satisfying (snigger).
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: N64 Discussion Thread   N64 Discussion Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Mar 2022 - 19:26

I think the version on Piepacker is the PlayStation one, which is renowned for being bad. The N64 one was pretty good on a technical level and it could be pretty satisfying to play. A few of the puzzles I can remember relied a bit too much on near-perfect timing though, and there were some vertical stages early in the game that would gleefully plunge you to the bottom if you mistimed your jump because of a rubbish camera angle. I’d try it again if it came to Switch Online’s N64 app, but I never finished it back in the day because it was just an annoying experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: N64 Discussion Thread   N64 Discussion Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

N64 Discussion Thread
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5