We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*

Go down 
+18
Fancy Fancy
mandlecreed
Jimbob
Cube
shanks
Dusty Knackers
Admin
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
beemoh
Athrun888
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 30 EmptyFri 16 May 2014 - 13:27

Have you beaten Persona 4 before, or is this your first playthrough?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 30 EmptySun 18 May 2014 - 2:26

First playthrough, although I'm on the last day right now so I'll be on the second playthough soon enough.  In most areas I've enjoyed this better than persona 3, only with the exception that Strega (specifically Revolver Jesus) were in my opinion better human antagonists than you know who.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 30 EmptySun 18 May 2014 - 21:28

I'm playing through Mass Effect 3 at the moment, and it's gotten right under my skin. When I'm not exploring every inch of the galaxy between every mission, I'm paying the multiplayer. When I'm not near my PlayStation, I'm playing the phone game to get a couple of extra war assets. When I don't have time to do that, I'm popping online too check my galactic readiness. When I can't get online, in reading the comic books and novels. And, heaven forbid, if I'm working or our with friends, I'm spending the whole time thinking about what I'm gonna do next. 

Very few games get their claws into me this well. The first pikmin, pokemon, Zelda and xenoblade are probably the only ones. Metal Gear games might if I didn't adjust play through them in more or less one sitting.

So who else has had experiences like this? And who else feels that weird emptiness afterwards?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 30 EmptySun 18 May 2014 - 21:32

Mass Effect was a superb series, especially when played back to back. You genuinely care about the fate of these characters you've journeyed through three games with.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 30 EmptySun 18 May 2014 - 21:36

Definitely. I haven't quite played them back-to-back, but close enough. The funny thing is, I honestly can't see myself replaying these games for a long time because my Shepard is so firmly routed in my mind. If I played her any different, or played it as a dude, it would feel super weird.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 30 EmptySun 18 May 2014 - 21:51

It's not a game you can immediately replay, because your new Shepard will likely be influenced by the previous. It's been a while since I've played through though, and I can't remember my Shepard, so maybe it's time for a replay?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 30 EmptySun 18 May 2014 - 21:55

DO IT!
Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 30 1388244719973
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 30 EmptySun 18 May 2014 - 22:39

Aye Mass Effect was the same for me. Never been so invested in a series before or since. I've not taken a plunge into the comics or books but I could quite easily do so if I wasn't so poor.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 30 EmptySun 18 May 2014 - 22:44

At the job I had while I was in my last year of uni, there was a girl I worked with who LOVED Mass Effect and I promised her that when I finished my dissertation I would buy the trilogy. I didn't, and I still haven't. Seriously considering it now though, because yesterday I had to pay a lot less money than I thought I would on fixing my computer, leaving me with money I didn't expect to have... Hmm...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 30 EmptyMon 19 May 2014 - 2:44

You can pick up the full trilogy for under 30 quid and it is easily my favourite game on the PS360 (I don't want to say game of the generation because we'll get into the whole debate about whether Wii counts again).
For an example of its quality; I just played five hours of multiplayer without noticing and now see it when I close my eyes. And the multiplayer is the UNDENIABLE WEAK LINK.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 30 EmptyMon 19 May 2014 - 9:04

Oh no you didn't! Wii was definitely last generation, because generation is a time thing rather than a power thing, and anyone who says otherwise is a willy-head.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 30 EmptyMon 19 May 2014 - 13:05

There are a couple of times where I've had that type of hooked feeling: once with The Thousand Year Door (exceptional game), and then again with Super Mario Galaxy 2. Ruddy Nintendo! DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 30 EmptyMon 19 May 2014 - 20:24

Agree with Balla on the generation thing hence why my top 10 games of the 7th gen count down video has two wii games in it.

Glad your enjoying ME:T so much (it is my fav game of all time, yes I'm cheating), I would like to get into more of the lore with the comics & the books but in the past with Halo and others, i just couldn't get into them.

I've also not played the ME:T for ages myself, and I do hope the PS4ONE rumors are true as I would buy it and replay again.

Also you can NG+ on Mass Effect, so just do again with your same shep like I did.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 30 EmptyWed 21 May 2014 - 8:00

I don't think I'm ever going to understand why the gaming media seems to always be on this Nintendo witch hunt, it just baffles me how they can have such venom for no real reason, yet they then turn round and rave about their games to boot.

Hang on a sec.

Why did I not see this before, the gaming media is tsundere for Nintendo! Now it all makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 30 EmptyWed 21 May 2014 - 8:45

Laughing "It's not like we like your games or anything..."
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 30 EmptyWed 21 May 2014 - 15:05

What does that make the comments sections? Yandere? Tsuntsun?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 30 EmptyWed 21 May 2014 - 15:13

Tsuntsun. Then ONM is yandere. "If you criticise my beloved... I'll kill you."
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 30 EmptySun 25 May 2014 - 0:51

Fun discovery - the soundtrack for this Commodore 64 game includes the main melody for both 99 Luftballoons (at 1:30) and inspired this piece of club music history at 4:40. Crazy stuff. 99 Luftballoons was released before that game, but it's still nice to see that German club music producers decide that C64 music is a solid place to sample from.

Also, speaking of C64 music: OBLIGATORY.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 30 EmptyMon 26 May 2014 - 13:35

JayMoyles wrote:
Fun discovery - the soundtrack for this Commodore 64 game includes the main melody for both 99 Luftballoons (at 1:30) and inspired this piece of club music history at 4:40.
Wow. What an abusive waste of the C64 SID chip.

JayMoyles wrote:
Also, speaking of C64 music: OBLIGATORY.
Ah. All better.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 30 EmptyFri 30 May 2014 - 12:51

Here's a little mental breakdown I had on Twitter earlier today:

Been having a bit of a think about Toad from Mario. Come to an epiphany.

So they just call them Toad, right? As individuals, as a species, about them, to their face... Racist, right? No.

They're mushrooms. In a fungus, the little mushrooms are parts of one organism, right? So the Toad is is a hive mind. They are all Toad.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 30 EmptyFri 30 May 2014 - 15:15

In our hearts, aren't we all Toad, really?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 30 EmptyFri 6 Jun 2014 - 12:50

Just a thought I'd had when playing Mario Kart 8 last night: if Nintendo - as we'd expect - add N64 and GameCube compatibility to the eShop, and release the relevant versions of it as appropriate to each available and previously-announced Virtual Console service, then the backwards-compatible Wii U could actually host all eight versions of Mario Kart. I'd see very little stopping them adding Namco's Arcade GP games to the eShop too, if you want to be pedantic about it.

I think there's a more-than-decent chance of this happening, and that would be huge selling point in itself - having all the Mario Kart games available in one place is certainly something I'd market. Actually, I'd be looking to release a Wii U console with all the Mario Kart games bundled with it in time for Christmas.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 30 EmptyFri 6 Jun 2014 - 13:01

I doubt 7 will come to Wii U but the rest yeah would be cool. One of the reasons I like the CUBE so much is that I can play nearly all the Zeldas on it and that might be the same for some for WiiU & Kart.

I had a thought similar to Drunka, Why is princess peach just a princess. If she is the ruler of mushroom kingdom and has her face on the castle etc, shouldn't she be queen or is there a queen & king of mushroom kingdom, why don't we ever see them.

Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 30 EmptyFri 6 Jun 2014 - 14:07

masofdas wrote:
I had a thought similar to Drunka, Why is princess peach just a princess. If she is the ruler of mushroom kingdom and has her face on the castle etc, shouldn't she be queen or is there a queen & king of mushroom kingdom, why don't we ever see them.

Alliteration. It's why Daisy is nowhere near the throne.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 30 EmptyFri 6 Jun 2014 - 14:08

To my own amazement, I forgot all about Mario Kart 7. Acht. Still, do that bundle, but with a 3DS XL and Mario Kart 7 bundled in with it too. £400ish well spent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*   Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS* - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Gaming Thoughts Thread *NO NEWS ITEMS*
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next