We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED]

Go down 
+9
Athrun888
Balladeer
Jimbob
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
beemoh
Admin
The Cappuccino Kid
Axis1500
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED] Empty
PostSubject: Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED]   Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED] EmptySun 1 Sep 2013 - 2:13

Yes, probably the highest profile gaming Kickstarter yet. $900k goal for the game to come on PC. $2.5million for it come to PS360 and Wii U.

Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED] D872aedcdccf552f3a519ee565576732_large

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9?ref=search

Last edited by Axis1500 on Wed 2 Oct 2013 - 2:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED]   Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED] EmptySun 1 Sep 2013 - 11:46

To hell with that. I always thought the Mega Man games cost about a hundred quid to make. You can have a 50p from me, but only if Mighty No 9 becomes my intellectual properity and if I can have all of the licensing rights to it. I'd also like a free copy of every Mega Man game ever made (to put in a bonfire), and a PS4 as well. Those are my terms, Inafune, you scadging bastard.

It does look quite nice, mind.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED]   Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED] EmptySun 1 Sep 2013 - 12:07

The idea of a huge concern/developer holding a Kickstarter campaign rubs me up the wrong way. Little developers, fine! It's great that they can get support to bring a promising little indie game to fruition, but such as WayForward (they've got a Kickstarter (http://www.wayforward.com/) beginning 4th September) who've just finished a game with Capcom for Disney? Poppycock!
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED]   Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED] EmptySun 1 Sep 2013 - 13:56

Stu_the_great wrote:
The idea of a huge concern/developer holding a Kickstarter campaign rubs me up the wrong way. Little developers, fine! It's great that they can get support to bring a promising little indie game to fruition, but such as WayForward (they've got a Kickstarter (http://www.wayforward.com/) beginning 4th September) who've just finished a game with Capcom for Disney? Poppycock!
If you consider it a voting mechanism (in the sense that if the KS succeeds, it shows that there's a market for this game as opposed to that one) and pre-purchasing the game rather than a grab for funding, then really all that's happening is the admin has been moved around.

It's also worth bearing in mind that WayForward will mostly be doing work-for-hire: they will have only got enough money out of Capcom to make the game and (if they're lucky) go for drinks afterwards- all the profit from that is going to stay with Capcom and probably Disney. For their next title, they'll only wind up going through the same process, except behind closed doors and with a publisher. Why not do it in public, where they'll get much more breathing room and be in a position to be a bit more autonomous next go around?
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED]   Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED] EmptySun 1 Sep 2013 - 14:26

Stu_the_great wrote:
I agree with this. I also find it kinda ironic that Inafune, known for his hyperbolic "Japanese games are uninspired" statements, is now making yet another Megaman clone.

It will succeed, mind. It has already reached $400k in less than one day.

As Kamiya (The Wonderful 101) said on Twitter recently, "Inafune is a business man, not a creator."
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED]   Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED] EmptySun 1 Sep 2013 - 15:39

I'm hyped because I love the Mega Man games, and this is a Mega Man game in all but name. It's the new Mega Man game Capcom should have made in place of Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10.

Having said that, and as others have brought up in the thread, it is another abuse of Kickstarter by a studio that probably doesn't need the backing. It was the same with DoubleFine when they did theirs, and they're now looking for more cash from us plebs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED]   Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED] EmptySun 1 Sep 2013 - 19:04

beemoh wrote:
It's also worth bearing in mind that WayForward will mostly be doing work-for-hire: they will have only got enough money out of Capcom to make the game and (if they're lucky) go for drinks afterwards- all the profit from that is going to stay with Capcom and probably Disney. For their next title, they'll only wind up going through the same process, except behind closed doors and with a publisher. Why not do it in public, where they'll get much more breathing room and be in a position to be a bit more autonomous next go around?
My argument, though, is that such as WayForward won't have much bother finding their next project, and even the right publisher should the idea be right. I think Kickstarter should be there for the bedroom codies and indies who don't already have an established game or even name to coast on.

I'm interested to see what Inafune has to offer, but the guy should be able to use his reputation and business contacts to make it work, not ask the man on the street.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED]   Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED] EmptyMon 2 Sep 2013 - 8:30

Never got the appeal of Mega Man, personally. I understand he's much more popular in the US, so that $2.5 million goal may well be reached, but there's little chance of me investing/picking up the game unless the stretchy arms mechanic gets me hankering for Ristar too much.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED]   Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED] EmptyMon 2 Sep 2013 - 19:13

Well, it's passed its initial goal, with a clear month to go before the deadine.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED]   Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED] EmptyMon 2 Sep 2013 - 19:15

He's done it!

I'm kind of hoping it turns out to be about Bobby Charlton but it probably won't be.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED]   Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED] EmptyWed 4 Sep 2013 - 21:04

Wii U goal is now a mere $2.2 million.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED]   Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED] EmptyWed 4 Sep 2013 - 21:08

...it's going to make that, isn't it?  Flipping heck.  >$1.5m as I type.

Still, marginally less insane than the Homestuck game, which raised $2.5m despite coming from a man who has never (to my knowledge) made a video game and showed off no concept art.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED]   Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED] EmptySat 28 Sep 2013 - 14:55

So, 3 days left. Its now at $2.75 million.

It has passed the console goal so its definitely coming to PS360U, but there's now a 3DS / Vita stretch goal of $3.5 million.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED]   Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED] EmptySat 28 Sep 2013 - 17:09

Probably won't reach that. I'm surprised by the massive backing it has received.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED]   Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED] EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 20:08

JayMoyles wrote:
Probably won't reach that. I'm surprised by the massive backing it has received.
I thought the same, but it has. Shocked 
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED]   Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED] EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 20:44

Three and a half million is insane! Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED]   Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED] EmptyTue 1 Oct 2013 - 21:26

And somehow I bet even after this Capcom is sitting back in their comfy evil exec chairs and nto getting how many people are in to Megaman and are scratching their heads about why this is doing so well.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED]   Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED] EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 2:05

JayMoyles wrote:
Three and a half million is insane! Shocked 
And the Kickstarter is ended. Including Paypal donations, they reached $4 million, achieving every single stretch goal

Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED]   Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED] EmptySun 6 Jul 2014 - 19:02

In what has to be the ultimate greedy move, they now want to crowdfund more money to add English Voice Acting, and a Mighty No 9 cartoon.....
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED]   Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED] EmptyMon 7 Jul 2014 - 11:31

I can't say I see the point in voicing to begin with honestly, this sort of game seems perfectly fine and in fact better without voices.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED]   Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED] EmptyTue 8 Jul 2014 - 7:28

Incredible greed. Not happy. Will be voting with wallet. Irony? [BBVoice]YOU decide![/BBVoice]
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED]   Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED] EmptyWed 29 Apr 2015 - 11:13

Don't know what I'm on about in the reply above! Embarrassed Here to boost the thread into the limelight (from third page obscurity) now that we know the release date: September 18th (15th in the America). Azure Striker Gunvolt has put me off run'n'guns for a bit, so Mega No. 9 might be suitably far off. A physical release seems a bit much, though.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED]   Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED] EmptyWed 29 Apr 2015 - 16:23

I saw a gameplay trailer of this, and I'm a bit wary. The art style's a little jarring and I'm really unsure about the main mechanic of temporarily powering yourself up. We'll see how this does come its full release, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED]   Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED] EmptyWed 29 Apr 2015 - 17:39

Four million bastarding quid. You could have had OutRun 3 for that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED]   Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED] EmptyWed 29 Apr 2015 - 18:40

I think I will pick up a physical copy as got a feeling could become a hard one to get on the Wii U.

@Cappa wouldn't it be Outrun 10?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED]   Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED] Empty

Back to top Go down

Inafune announces Mighty No.9 Kickstarter (Megaman in all but name) [$4M FUNDED]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next