We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox

Go down 
+16
flora-chan
gjones
Rattlecat
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
2grundies
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
shanks
fronkhead
Silver light
Balladeer
Admin
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
masofdas
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 3 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 11:30

Killer 7 is decent , it's rather strange though. So if you like weird jap fps then it's for you, also only melee you crazy person there's a few other good titles on cube like billy hatcher and mario tennis but I think they would be further down again of what missed the cut.

Here's my top 10 X-Box games, found I had less to actually go in a top 10 but was harder to narrow it down compared to the Cube, also only put games I played on a X-Box hence why no BG&E in the X-Box top 10 as I played it on Cube:

1. Jade Empire
2. Halo: Combat Evolved
3. Fable / The Lost Chapters
4. Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic
5. The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
6. Ninja Gaiden / Black
7. Halo 2
8. TimeSplitters 2
9. Dead or Alive 3
10. Project Gotham Racing 2

Top 10 PS2, actually surprised at the good games here did same as with X-Box I've only gone for games I played on PS2, There were only 16 in total in the running that I thought were decent:

1. Shadow of the Colossus
2. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty / Substance
3. Ico
4. Ōkami
5. Kingdom Hearts
6. Kingdom Hearts II
7. Silent Hill 2
8. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater / Substance
9. Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening
10. Zone of the Enders

Here's the Dreamcast Top 10:

1. Shenmue II
2. Soulcalibur
3. Shenmue
4. Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Resident Evil Code: Veronica
7. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
8. Power Stone 2
9. Jet Set / Grind Radio
10. Virtua Tennis 2

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 10 May 2022 - 12:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 3 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 12:49

I'm currently or still thinking about getting Rouge Squadron 2 and 3 for the cube, mainly as I want to get out and shoot anywhere and still hit the Storm Trooper
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 3 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 12:52

I didn't like number 3, thought the controls walking around were clunky.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 3 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 13:04

Yeah they weren't the best out of the vehicles
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 3 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 21:39

You've reminded me that I still need to play Resident Evil: Code Veronica on DC. I've heard it has a cool scary mechanic where there's someone who will follow you around when they see you (I realise this is an awful description).

I'm also hoping to purchase Grandia II at some point for the Dreamcast, looks like the best version of the game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 3 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 21:44

I've not played my grandia 2 , so can't tell if you if it's any good.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 3 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 21:59

masofdas wrote:
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Loved this series - hell, I even enjoyed the first T.H.U.G. game. The less said about the giant Jackass advertisement that was the second one, the better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 3 EmptyTue 5 Nov 2013 - 23:38

I'm just pleased Jesus isn't talking about Soul Calibur II again Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 10:54

THPS2 on DC is excellent the best version by a mile, It's one of the highest rated games on the system.

Everyone should talk about Soul Calibur II, I bought it on all 3 systems as I'm mad.

Also surprised Jay never made a comment on my Top 10 PS2 games and that I only had 16 to pick from.

That's 40 games there out of all those console but not sure if they would actually make a top 40 though. I think if I did do a top 40 of 6th gen I doubt THPS2 would actually make the cut as there great Cube game's that would place higher then that which weren't on the cubes top 10.

Not sure about a 6th gen top 10 though what that would be.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 11:50

The only version of THPS2 I really played was the excellent GBA port by Vicarious Visions. That the skaters were in 3D made a huge difference between whether it'd be a joy to control them and perform tricks etc. or not.

I'll definitely keep a lookout for the DC version, I think, as I really enjoyed THPS3 and to a lesser extent, THPS4 (which I had on both GameCube and GBA).

masofdas wrote:
I've not played my grandia 2 , so can't tell if you if it's any good.
No problem. It is meant to be a really good RPG, but I'm not sure whether it's a timeless one like a lot of the SNES classics or TWEWY. I was thinking about seeking out the PC version but apparently one feature in battle was removed or something.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 11:53

I might pop it in and see what it's like.

I think this would be my:

Top 10 Games of the 6th Gen
1. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GC)
2. Shenmue II (DC)
3. Resident Evil 4 (GC)
4. Jade Empire (XBOX)
5. Halo: Combat Evolved (XBOX)
6. Soulcalibur (DC)
7. Super Smash Bros. Melee (GC)
8. Shadow of the Colossus (PS2)
9. Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (GC)
10. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty / Substance (PS2)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 18:27

masofdas wrote:
Also surprised Jay never made a comment on my Top 10 PS2 games and that I only had 16 to pick from.
There's nothing wrong with your top 10 - they're all great games. And I know you don't like the PS2, nothing more to say there.
Back to top Go down
2grundies
F-Zero Rookie
2grundies

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 22:36

Hi guys. Just been reading through this thread. Interesting stuff. I'd personally consider this to be my favourite generation of machines....which is kinda odd considering that i started at gen 1 and have owned/own machines from 1983 to now (with PS4 on preorder)

The 'cube is my outright favourite, although its lack of depth on the RPG front means i also keep a PS2 under the tv. The PS2 excels in that department, imo. Never had much time for the Xbox....that's not being derogatory, i just never felt the need, as i have the other two.

I find it next to impossible to list a top ten for any machine.....i change my mind too often!Laughing 
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 22:40

I couldn't name any Cube RPGs off the top of my ahead apart from Paper Mario: TTYD.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 22:41

I feel the same but replace ps2 with xbox and rpg with fps.  We have a ps4 thread aswell let us know what ya getting,  might see you online.

Tales of Symphonia, Skies of Arcadia, Lost Kingdoms, Phantasy Star to name a few Jay.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 6 Nov 2013 - 22:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 22:42

I think that's the difference between you and me Mas - I had a PS2 for RPGs and I wasn't too fond of FPSes.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 22:45

And the best rpgs were on xbox aswell unless you like JRPGs xbox sucked for those. Also updated my post before with the RPGs I could think of the top of my head on the Cube.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 22:47

Hmm, never played a Tales or a Phantasy Star game so can't say much to the Cube's RPG selection. I'm a JRPG guy so I prefer the PS2's offering of RPGs.
Back to top Go down
2grundies
F-Zero Rookie
2grundies

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 22:55

JayMoyles wrote:
I couldn't name any Cube RPGs off the top of my ahead apart from Paper Mario: TTYD.
Hmm. OK

Tales of Symphonia
Evolution Worlds
Lost Kingdoms 1 + 2
Baldur's Gate
Baten Kaitos
Gladius
Fire Emblem
Skies of Arcadia
Medabots Infinity
Xmen legends 1 +2
Pokemon XD
Summoner: Goddess reborn

....think there might be one or two i've forgotten.

Whereas the PS2 has around 150 or so to choose from.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 22:59

You like RPGs Jay but not played Tales that's like someone who like FPS and not playing halo or something.
Back to top Go down
2grundies
F-Zero Rookie
2grundies

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 23:02

masofdas wrote:
You like RPGs Jay but not played Tales that's like someone who like FPS and not playing halo or something.
I'd have to agree with that. Arguably the best rpg on the system.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 23:34

I wouldn't say that comparison is apt. Granted, it's a big series, but nowhere near the level of Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest, which are the "Halos" of the RPG world.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Nov 2013 - 23:43

I would say it's better the FF & DQ but I'm not a huge JRPG fan though, Maybe Timesplitters 2 would of been a better FPS to compare it to.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 3 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 1:34

masofdas wrote:
I enjoy FPS games & I've never played Halo Razz 
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 3 EmptyThu 7 Nov 2013 - 3:00

masofdas wrote:
I would say it's better the FF & DQ but I'm not a huge JRPG fan though, Maybe Timesplitters 2 would of been a better FPS to compare it to.

Not better, but bigger. Better is entirely subjective - bigger is can be quantified. Timesplitters is a pretty solid comparison though I reckon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox   6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube,  PlayStation 2, Xbox - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

6th Generation Consoles Dreamcast, GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next