We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub

Go down 
+11
Buskalilly
Vidofnir
Cube
masofdas
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
fronkhead
Axis1500
ZeroJones
Balladeer
The_Jaster
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub EmptyThu 14 Nov 2013 - 1:01

Hey folks!

Ever since I saw this as Calciobit I was really interested in it even though I like football I'm not usually one for playing management sims but looks like a really fun twist on the genre.

So if ye have any thoughts on this game you discuss away in here. Smile
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub EmptyThu 14 Nov 2013 - 7:48

Good work on the title, Jas!

My first thought is that not only is this a football management sim. (can you control the footballers? Didn't seem like it), but it seems sterile and charmless. More like the Picross e range than a Nintendo in-house project. Anyway, we'll see how it goes. Like you say, it sounds better when I consider it as a new Calciobit entry.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub EmptyThu 14 Nov 2013 - 12:56

This sounds like it could be right up my street. If it has the usual Nintendo touches, I'll be there come release day.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub EmptyThu 14 Nov 2013 - 13:17

Was really surprised to see this localised (especially before expected games like Chibi Robo)

But, errrm, I'm not into football but I've always loved the art style.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub EmptyThu 14 Nov 2013 - 14:10

Quote :
(can you control the footballers? Didn't seem like it)

It's doesn't seem like it but maybe that's possible in the local multiplayer mode they mentioned?

----

I know this will have online but I remember the Japanese version having an interesting online mode where you set up a club for your real town/city & competed in a league next to other real people, I wonder if that will make the jump across?
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 14:31

H i
S h i b a t a !
L O L
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 15:15

I might give this a look, but I've always wondered why there aren't more football management sims on Nintendo, and particularly why there aren't any on Wii and Wii U. Still, any sort of representation is better than none.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub EmptySun 17 Nov 2013 - 18:23

Aye any genre of game that uses lots of menus or complicated UI is really perfect for systems that have two screens, being able to change your tactics in real time while a game plays out would be great.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 16:59

Now this is the sort of game that'll prove the worth of that stylus. Hope it's good though, anyone remember what was made of the GBA game reviewed in an early issue of NGamer (er, I'm too lazy to dig it out underneath other stuff)?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 19:21

Is this it? http://www.computerandvideogames.com/151981/reviews/calcio-bit-review/
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 22:56

The_Jaster wrote:
Is this it? http://www.computerandvideogames.com/151981/reviews/calcio-bit-review/
That's what sticks in my mind - Greener's scathery.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 23:19

Quote :
This is a big idea on too small a machine.

That final say part makes me think the 3ds version may come good as its definitely a system that could handle the scale of the idea.

I guess time will tell on that one though.

Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub EmptyThu 19 Dec 2013 - 23:54

That's the one. For some reason I edited it into my post this afternoon but I must have forgotten to send.

I'm guessing the language barrier (something mentioned at the end of the review) was also a problem when reviewing the GBA game, so hopefully it'll be better on 3DS.

On a related note about sims, I really want that railway sim in Japan to be released here. It has a SimCity-style building mode, but you can also ride the trains with everything rendered in 3D. Skip to 29 minutes in (if it doesn't automatically do so) to see it in action during yesterday's JP Direct: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz3fsQYcGB4#t=1738
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub EmptyFri 20 Dec 2013 - 7:55

fronkhead wrote:
That's the one. For some reason I edited it into my post this afternoon but I must have forgotten to send.

Oops!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub EmptyFri 20 Dec 2013 - 19:44

Wow, I messed up twice in one forum session. Must have been tired yesterday.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 5:27

So we have a release date for this which is April 17th, quietly excited for this one.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub EmptyFri 14 Feb 2014 - 8:21

A lot of my money is going to pass to Nintendo in April. Embarrassed Looking foward to it!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub EmptySat 15 Feb 2014 - 2:22

Here's the Iwata asks interview for this game

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Iwata-Asks/Iwata-Asks-Nintendo-Pocket-Football-Club/Nintendo-Pocket-Football-Club/1-It-s-Fun-Just-to-Watch/1-It-s-Fun-Just-to-Watch-847079.html

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub EmptySun 16 Feb 2014 - 14:05

Caught in two minds - it looks really cool, but (repeating above posts) its predecessor had issues. I'll wait and see.

Maybe, to copy treesmurf's Animal Crossing post, I'll have a Smash Bros. tournament and let you all decide the name of my team...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub EmptySat 29 Mar 2014 - 1:17

Here's a god is a geek preview: http://www.godisageek.com/2014/03/nintendo-pocket-football-club-preview-winning-eleven/

Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub EmptySun 30 Mar 2014 - 0:39

The_Jaster wrote:
Here's the Iwata asks interview for this game

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Iwata-Asks/Iwata-Asks-Nintendo-Pocket-Football-Club/Nintendo-Pocket-Football-Club/1-It-s-Fun-Just-to-Watch/1-It-s-Fun-Just-to-Watch-847079.html

I forgot to post about that, thanks for reminding me!

Really enjoyed reading that Iwata Asks. It's amazing how long the team spent making the 3DS followup, and how much thought seems to have gone into the overall experience of managing a team.

My favourite bit:

Sonobe: (Passionately speaking) There are also those games that allow you to skip the match and just see the result. There was absolutely no way I was allowing that.

Iwata: I see.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub EmptyTue 8 Apr 2014 - 12:08

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/04/3ds_eshop_exclusive_nintendo_pocket_football_club_will_be_on_special_offer_until_may

As has been said, this is out next week, but at a wee bit of a discount. Maybe a bit more expensive than I'd have thought from looking at the screens, but I've just earned a free fiver with the Nintendo Network Premium and can see it going towards this. Hopefully we can have a few online matches, or maybe even a league.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub EmptyTue 8 Apr 2014 - 12:18

Yeah a league would be cool, but dam that price. I thought this be a fiver at the most.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub EmptyTue 8 Apr 2014 - 17:14

The sale price of £10.79 is more than I was expecting, never mind the full price. It's half of a full game! It better be worth it...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub EmptyTue 8 Apr 2014 - 18:45

Not surprised by the price at all as I fully expected it to be around a tenner, like TCK I might put my free fiver to it as well incase it turns out to be a dud.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub   Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Pocket(o) Football C(r)lub
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next