We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread

Go down 
+8
beemoh
Fancy Fancy
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Balladeer
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
12 posters
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread Empty
PostSubject: Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread   Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread EmptySun 22 Dec 2013, 13:00

Seeing as it's coming up to the big day, natch.

Straightforward enough: what are you hoping to get for Christmas? Also, let us know what you did get for Christmas once you've opened your presents.

I guess we could revive the old 'best gaming presents' discussion while we're here.

~

For the first time in a long time, I asked for absolutely nothing gaming-related (can't think of anything!), and to the best of my knowledge I'll not be receiving any videogaming stuff, Secret Santa (presumably) aside. That said, I've had surprises before.

Best present, off the top of my head, was F-Zero X in 1998. A true classic. Special mentions to the Master System in 1993, the Mega Drive in 1994, Sonic 3D in 1996 and the double-whammy of Timesplitters 2 and Tony Hawk's 4 in 2002.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread   Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread EmptySun 22 Dec 2013, 13:19

I'm the opposite of you this year TCK I've not asked for anything non gaming. So far I've got Tearaway, Rayman Legends on Vita and Rhythm Thief from the GF (we did it early so I had something to play on the train home and Legends was a download).

As for the old gaming presents I'll have to have a think and come back to it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread   Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread EmptySun 22 Dec 2013, 15:18

My Uncle has got me Bravely Default but otherwise I don't think I'm getting anything else, well maybe a gaming magazine as a stocking filler. Any game I want I normally just go and buy. As DAD asked did I want a PS4 nope I bought all the ones I want on launch (well battlefield 4 is a maybe but wouldn't be to excited about getting it for xmas). Ohh and course secret santa.

As presents in the past,

I'm 90% sure I got my mega drive in 1993, but as I was 3 can't really be sure.

N64 which was won by nan, my uncle got me star wars shadows of the empire for it, I remember that game having the price sticker of £59.99 on it.

PS2 one year with Crash Bandicoot wrath of cortex, X-squad, Donald Duck, Ready to Rumble, tekken tag and maybe one or two more like smugglers run but can't be sure.

Xbox with sega gt, jet set radio future, blink, halo, dead or alive 3, oddworld: munch's oddysee. this was the best xmas present.

And maybe the odd game over the last few years and in the past as I can kinda remember getting Sonic & Knuckles but not sure if birthday or xmas. Same with gameboy pocket & color not sure what I got them for.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread   Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread EmptySun 22 Dec 2013, 15:57

This year I've got the triple-whammy of SM3DW, ALBW and Bravely Default hitting me as Christmas presents, as I may have mentioned umpteen times.  It's looking like the best videogaming Christmas since I got Pokémon XD and Fire Red back in 2005.  

I remember being gutted upon receiving Lylat Wars instead of Diddy Kong Racing in 1997.  I did eventually get DKR (on Boxing Day, I think, from grandparents), and promptly played LW about five times as much!  A very similar thing happened the next year with OoT and ISS98, although I did go on to play the hell out of ISS98 and didn't get into OoT until the bonus disc that came with WW.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread   Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread EmptySun 22 Dec 2013, 17:06

Probably my best gaming present, consoles excluded, was a surprise present I received - a game I'd never heard of at the time called Mass Effect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread   Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread EmptySun 22 Dec 2013, 17:10

I remember when I bought the collectors edition of mass effect and wasn't sure if I should as it's a new IP and not sure if I would like but of course being bioware I thought I'd get it. Best decisions ever especially when I went to go sell it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread   Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread EmptySun 22 Dec 2013, 18:22

I've put Bravely Default on my wish list. I'm not actually expecting to receive it though, I'll probably just buy it myself after the fact.

I remember a couple of years back my auntie getting me Donkey Kong County Returns completely out of the blue. I hadn't asked for it and didn't even realize it had been released but I actually loved it loads.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Fancy Fancy
FMK Tagline
Fancy Fancy

PostSubject: Re: Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread   Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread EmptySun 22 Dec 2013, 18:56

I've not asked for any games this year as I already have far too many still sealed. Hoping for lots of books instead.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread   Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread EmptySun 22 Dec 2013, 18:59

masofdas wrote:
I remember when I bought the collectors edition of mass effect and wasn't sure if I should as it's a new IP and not sure if I would like but of course being bioware I thought I'd get it. Best decisions ever especially when I went to go sell it.

So you didn't like it?

Man, I was blown away by it. I'd never played anything like it before.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread   Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread EmptySun 22 Dec 2013, 20:28

I loved it, it was amazing you even saw my top 10 games of the 7th gen. i put the mass effect trilogy 1st but if I had to pick the best out of the three it would be number 1 as it's the most RPG.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread   Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread EmptyMon 23 Dec 2013, 19:56

Fancy Fancy wrote:
I've not asked for any games this year as I already have far too many still sealed. Hoping for lots of books instead.
If this was a books I want for Christmas thread, I could go on for hours...
Back to top Go down
Fancy Fancy
FMK Tagline
Fancy Fancy

PostSubject: Re: Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread   Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread EmptyMon 23 Dec 2013, 22:43

Me too. I love a good book.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread   Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread EmptyTue 24 Dec 2013, 02:30

Books? NERRRRRRRRDS
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread   Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread EmptyTue 24 Dec 2013, 08:14

"Any book is a children's book if the kid can read."
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread   Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread EmptyTue 24 Dec 2013, 12:39

masofdas wrote:
I loved it, it was amazing you even saw my top 10 games of the 7th gen. i put the mass effect trilogy 1st but if I had to pick the best out of the three it would be number 1 as it's the most RPG.

Ah, my apologies. It was you saying this...

masofdas wrote:
Best decisions ever especially when I went to go sell it.

...that made me think you didn't like it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread   Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread EmptyTue 24 Dec 2013, 20:03

When I sold my 360 collection to pay for Wii U & 3DS XL, and the collectors edition off mass effect went for a pretty penny on eBay
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread   Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread EmptyWed 25 Dec 2013, 13:47

In addition to the anticipated games, I also got this:

Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread EDG221.s_tim

And this!

Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread Sharkrobot_xdthreads_cpw_large
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread   Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread EmptyWed 25 Dec 2013, 14:51

Got a very nice yellow Bowser T shirt & a 3d pac man mug.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread   Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread EmptyWed 25 Dec 2013, 16:48

Minimal gameage. Gonna go buy Bravely Default tomorrow or Friday.
I did get a Tetris jenga set, and obviously secret Santa presents.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread   Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread EmptyWed 25 Dec 2013, 21:30

I got Lego Marvel, Paper Mario SS, Persona 4 Golden and The Amazing Spiderman today. Still holding out hope for a bit of Mario from my Grandad but my Grandma gave me some money so I'll have that soon!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread   Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread EmptyWed 25 Dec 2013, 21:33

I've had some amazing gaming Christmases in the past. There was the year I got my Mega Drive with Sonic the Hedgehog, Super Hang-On, Columns and World Cup Italia '90. Then there was the year I got my Dreamcast with Sonic Adventure, and of course the year I got my Wii.

This year's been a good 'un, too: 3D World, ALBW and WWHD. Good times!
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread   Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread EmptyThu 26 Dec 2013, 13:03

The Ex sent me the Legend of Zelda 1-10 Manga Box Set, going to have to send her something back

Two Official PlayStation Magazines in a stocking from nan & grandad

Bravely Default from uncle

Angry Bird socks and not gaming but cool Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles boxers from one of my cousins which i never see.

Mega Drive bar of soap from Secret Santa

I think that's everything, I mainly got Ca$h which I could use on gaming stuff but not much I want plus thinking of changing car.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread   Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread EmptyFri 27 Dec 2013, 08:23

Like Cap, I asked for nothing gaming-related. However, I have ended up with two Wii games, courtesy of my GNamer Secret Santa, and Hyrule Historia, courtesy of my loving girlfriend.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread   Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread EmptyFri 27 Dec 2013, 13:08

I got gaming wise.. A EB games gift card, which I may use to get a e shop card to in turn to download something
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread   Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Gaming-Related Christmas Presents Thread
Page 1 of 1