We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Happy New year guys!

Go down 
+19
Kriken
OrangeRakoon
Athrun888
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
shanks
fronkhead
masofdas
NintenDUCK
Admin
Fancy Fancy
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Balladeer
oldschool
Buskalilly
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Happy New year guys! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy New year guys!   Happy New year guys! - Page 3 EmptyWed 1 Jan 2020 - 2:46

Happy New year! 2020 will be good year for the big man.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Happy New year guys!   Happy New year guys! - Page 3 EmptyWed 1 Jan 2020 - 10:26

Happy New Year you bunch of dickheads! 🎉
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Happy New year guys!   Happy New year guys! - Page 3 EmptyWed 1 Jan 2020 - 11:38

Will be if we get the 3points
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Happy New year guys!   Happy New year guys! - Page 3 EmptyWed 1 Jan 2020 - 16:18

It's a New Day Year Yes it is!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Happy New year guys!   Happy New year guys! - Page 3 EmptyWed 1 Jan 2020 - 17:03

masofdas wrote:

We didn't, write the year off already
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Happy New year guys!   Happy New year guys! - Page 3 EmptyWed 1 Jan 2020 - 19:11

Happy New Year! Hope you all had a great time.

Balladeer wrote:
I (who gets stressed easily) am taking The Lady (who is quiet) to a party that a colleague is hosting, feat. said colleague (who The Lady's never met) and nobody else I know.

I can see no way in which this can go wrong.

Narrator: 'It went wrong.'
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Happy New year guys!   Happy New year guys! - Page 3 EmptyWed 1 Jan 2020 - 21:24

masofdas wrote:
masofdas wrote:

We didn't, write the year off already

City got 3 points though. Thumbs Up!

I spent the evening at home with my partner and we played Mario Kart Monopoly. 10/10 would do it again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Happy New year guys!   Happy New year guys! - Page 3 EmptyWed 1 Jan 2020 - 23:39

Happy New Year, you lot! Grin

Balladeer wrote:

Balladeer wrote:
I (who gets stressed easily) am taking The Lady (who is quiet) to a party that a colleague is hosting, feat. said colleague (who The Lady's never met) and nobody else I know.

I can see no way in which this can go wrong.

Narrator: 'It went wrong.'

Uh oh - what went badly, if you don't mind sharing?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Happy New year guys!   Happy New year guys! - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Jan 2020 - 10:23

The colleague is a gaming nerd, and we kind of hoped that his friends would be too, so we'd have things in common. Unfortunately his friends were a group of Japanese people with debatable English, who kind of banded together around a table in the room so it was hard for us to get an 'in'. The rest were his housemates' mates and were a gamut of blokey blokes, girly girls, and one woman who talked at us for fifteen minutes about bands she'd seen without seeming to see the problem. They all knew each other, so in between there were silences as we kind of hung around, not knowing who to go talk to next and feeling awkward.

Therefore I got anxious, and I drank. A lot. The hangover the morning after wasn't the hangover of a good night well spent: it was the soul-crushing nausea of a night wasted. I'm still sleepy.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Happy New year guys!   Happy New year guys! - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Jan 2020 - 21:12

Yep, I've been at parties that sound like that before. I've also been there with the copious drinking to get through it, too. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Happy New year guys!   Happy New year guys! - Page 3 EmptyFri 3 Jan 2020 - 16:18

That sort of thing doesn't happen to me much, as I am the party.

That said, I had a pretty chill new year. I walked down to Tokyo Tower, joined the big countdown, then went back to my hostel and went to sleep so I could make the most of moving on to Kamakura the following morning.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Happy New year guys!   Happy New year guys! - Page 3 EmptySun 5 Jan 2020 - 22:26

Happy New Year guys! Let's hope this year quickly improves on what's already happened in Australia and Iran...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Happy New year guys!   Happy New year guys! - Page 3 EmptyMon 6 Jan 2020 - 20:23

Look on the bright side, things can't get much (is jumped en masse by the Screenwriters' Guild before finishing sentence)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Happy New year guys!   Happy New year guys! - Page 3 EmptyThu 31 Dec 2020 - 9:30

Balladeer wrote:
Look on the bright side, things can't get much (is jumped en masse by the Screenwriters' Guild before finishing sentence)

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Duh! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Anyway: here's to a slightly better 2021? Please? (In before it turns out the vaccines somehow eat your heart.)
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Happy New year guys!   Happy New year guys! - Page 3 EmptyThu 31 Dec 2020 - 10:08

The_Jaster wrote:
Happy New year! 2020 will be good year for the big man.

This aged like a fine pear.

Is anybody here allowed out for Hogmanay? Normally at this stage of 31st December I'd be getting panicked about having no plans or having had plans that fell apart. I accept that I can't go out tonight and I won't try - is it any different for youse?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Happy New year guys!   Happy New year guys! - Page 3 EmptyThu 31 Dec 2020 - 11:48

Ha! Look at that optimism from me.

I honestly prefer a quiet night in but not sure I can even muster up the effort to even nip to my local shop before tonight to grab a couple of drinks for myself.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Happy New year guys!   Happy New year guys! - Page 3 EmptyThu 31 Dec 2020 - 12:00

The past few years I've gone away for a few days for Hoggers - some friends and I have rented a cottage somewhere in rural Scotland. It's my pal's birthday on Dec 30th so it usually means we have a birthday hike day, chill day and Hogmanay, and New Year hike day.

But obviously we're not doing any of that this year so I think this year my partner and I are staying in, with some vague notion of having something nice to eat and booze to drink and possibly some Jackbox games with some family and friends.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Happy New year guys!   Happy New year guys! - Page 3 EmptyThu 31 Dec 2020 - 14:13

I went for a little walk to the temple but left when it started to get busy. Gutting, as I saw all the festival food stalls but knew it would be unwise to get involved.

I think I'll watch the space sunrise, get to sleep early and wake up to start the year off with a gym session.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Happy New year guys!   Happy New year guys! - Page 3 EmptyThu 31 Dec 2020 - 15:01

Happy New year guys! - Page 3 13451910

Racing into the year of the cow as fast as I can!

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Happy New year guys!   Happy New year guys! - Page 3 EmptyThu 31 Dec 2020 - 15:20

Love it. Thumbs Up!

I'm actually really busy this NYE. The Lady's mates are throwing a virtual party, then my mates are throwing a virtual party, so I'll be flitting between the two. We've got three bottles of fizz in the fridge in preparation for being, as I think Guest once put it, 'f**king c**ted'; and dinner's going to be left over Christmas party food.

If there isn't Jackbox I'll be disappointed though. That's my gold standard for social events now.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Happy New year guys!   Happy New year guys! - Page 3 EmptyFri 1 Jan 2021 - 17:26

Here's hoping everyone has a better 2021!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Happy New year guys!   Happy New year guys! - Page 3 EmptyMon 4 Jan 2021 - 19:29

Belated happy new year to you lot! I had a quiet one round at my mum's (extended household bubble rules are my saviour) and ended up drinking far too much. It's clearly been too long since I last had whisky.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Happy New year guys!   Happy New year guys! - Page 3 EmptyFri 31 Dec 2021 - 13:41

Anyone managed to cobble together any plans for this year? After two negative LFTs each The Lady and I are off to take part in a piratical murder mystery. I'm the posh git who controls the island. 'Roles were picked entirely at random' - yeah right. Rolling Eyes

Hope you all have a better 2022! Apart from you, COVID-19. You can bugger off.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Happy New year guys!   Happy New year guys! - Page 3 EmptySun 2 Jan 2022 - 9:34

My brother and his partner have been down from Aberdeen since before Christmas, so I had them over for some games and lots of drinks, so that was grand.

Oh, and happy new year to all you lot too!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Happy New year guys!   Happy New year guys! - Page 3 EmptyTue 4 Jan 2022 - 11:19

Happy New Year everybody. Whether it's resolutions or things to do on your bucket list, I hope that you're able to crack on with them in 2022. I really hope that next year is better than the last two...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy New year guys!   Happy New year guys! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Happy New year guys!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next