We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6)

Go down 
+4
ZeroJones
Balladeer
shanks
fronkhead
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6)   Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6) - Page 4 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2016 - 20:05

...absolutely nobody else playing this huh? Aww!

...so how's DD treating you Jayseph?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6)   Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6) - Page 4 EmptyTue 13 Sep 2016 - 7:20

I'm playing, don't think I'm far off trial 3 now, I am loving Ema, though I do still miss Gumshoe.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6)   Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6) - Page 4 EmptyTue 13 Sep 2016 - 7:50

...I'm partway through the final chapter already. Embarrassed I adore me some Ace Attorney.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6)   Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6) - Page 4 EmptyTue 13 Sep 2016 - 8:22

There's no Gumshoe?! Then I was right to delay playing it until I've beaten one of Axiom Verge or 3D Streets Of Rage 2... Aww!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6)   Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6) - Page 4 EmptyTue 13 Sep 2016 - 8:45

Ema's much nicer than she was in AJ, and the translation is much more fun than it was in AA5.

Sergeant Buff is best character.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6)   Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6) - Page 4 EmptyTue 13 Sep 2016 - 9:09

I'm sure your Nintendo focused head also helps there, no doubt I'd have finished it by now had I not been playing Overwatch or Lego Star Wars.

Just got a bit screwed over in the third trial because I played whilst waiting for a train and it made the séance too blurry to notice the contradiction. Glad they aren't too harsh on checkpoints in this compared to the past. I do need to get better at saving, I tend to only save when it prompts at start of investigation/trial...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6)   Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6) - Page 4 EmptyTue 13 Sep 2016 - 9:24

It's not just that.  I almost literally cannot put AA games down.  There's no other series I'd play on my walk to work - maybe Pokémon I guess.  And this feels like the best one since T&T, as said by e.g. Castle.  (Also I tried Lego Star Wars on Wii and found it pretty meh.)

I really like the insights: like Athena's therapy, it's a good way to shake trials up while remaining close to the key themes of evidence and cross-examination.  And it means I'm not PRESSing madly on every statement in blind hope. (I had to look up one answer in a walkthrough because I was missing the bleeding obvious.)
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6)   Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6) - Page 4 EmptyTue 13 Sep 2016 - 9:54

I like the insights, but I am worried they might be going one gimmick too far now though, it's as if they feel the need to throw in at least one example of each, otherwise the game isn't complete.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6)   Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6) - Page 4 EmptyTue 13 Sep 2016 - 11:04

That is a minor irk I have with the game, but not the Insights: it's the Magatama (much though I audibly yelped when the Psyche-Locks came out) and Polly's bracelet. Without an out-of-trial health bar, they seem all but pointless.

My only major irk thus far is the fourth case, for reasons I won't detail/spoil. It does have one major redeeming point.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6)   Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6) - Page 4 EmptyTue 13 Sep 2016 - 21:16

Chapter 5 second half, character who's in promo art anyway:

Love Love Love
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6)   Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6) - Page 4 EmptyTue 13 Sep 2016 - 22:38

Balladeer wrote:

...so how's DD treating you Jayseph?

I'm enjoying it, although I've stalled a little on this astronaut case. Powering through for the sake of Spirit of Justice though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6)   Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6) - Page 4 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2016 - 5:57

That's the same case I stalled on. And since it's been a while I'm not sure if I can remember where I was up to.
But anyway with Spirit I've just done the investigation part of the second case
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6)   Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6) - Page 4 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2016 - 8:01

Ah yes, the astronaut case. Not a classic of the genre, it must be said. Don't worry, SoJ's better!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6)   Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6) - Page 4 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2016 - 8:59

I'm quite enjoying the 4th case so far, it seems largely irrelevant, but a bit of fun. Classic case of not making too much sense after localisation though Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6)   Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6) - Page 4 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2016 - 9:07

It is very Japanese in theme.  Like, absurdly so.

Good thing that...:

Meanwhile, in the fifth case, the game, which has spent a while hopping up to the shark like a terrified fisherman, finally started up its motorcycle and leapt over the bloody thing.  I'll just say that the nails were unnecessary.

EDIT: Okay.  Okay right.  Okay.  I have just met Spinny Hands of Doom (you'll know who I mean when you meet them), and I think I know the big twist.  Don't open.  Seriously, DON'T OPEN.  I want to put this here and find out if I'm right later.

SERIOUSLY DO NOT OPEN UNLESS YOU'VE FINISHED THE GAME:

Flaming hell, game.  If I'm right.  Flaming hell. Thumbs Up! No Thumbs Up!

WAS I RIGHT:

Last edited by Balladeer on Thu 15 Sep 2016 - 18:45; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6)   Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6) - Page 4 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2016 - 8:02

Made a start on this this morning - I'm up to the start of the first testimony. Progress! Duh! This post is mainly an attempt to placate the ire of The Great Bha'la Dir. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6)   Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6) - Page 4 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2016 - 8:17

...I am now quite tempted to request another username change...
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6)   Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6) - Page 4 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2016 - 9:40

That is a damn good one, I vote yes!

Currently onto the 5th mission/quest (one for the Monster Mash fans there (if it made the cut) Winky Face ) and I'm still bloody loving it, I love the fact I never know what's around the corner and that even when I think I've got it all solved they can throw a huge curveball that still makes a lot of sense. Man, what a series! The temptation to go back to the start is getting pretty unbareable...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6)   Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6) - Page 4 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2016 - 21:07

DONE!

What a game!  I cannot recommend it highly enough!  The second-best in the series, I'd say, after T&T!

ENDGAME SPOILERS:
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6)   Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6) - Page 4 EmptyFri 16 Sep 2016 - 5:02

Blimey, those are some strong words, I'm now into the investigation 2 part of 5, didn't expect the first bit to go where it did, seemed like it should've been a seperate case really.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6)   Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6) - Page 4 EmptyFri 16 Sep 2016 - 7:56

I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy taking down the perp in the first case. Twisted Evil Seems like a pretty strong first case... or am I just really rusty? Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6)   Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6) - Page 4 EmptyFri 16 Sep 2016 - 8:12

Nah it's strong, as is most of the rest of the game. Tongue Pedal to the metal, Zero!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6)   Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6) - Page 4 EmptyFri 16 Sep 2016 - 15:08

I'm slowly catching up, I think I'm nearly done with the investigation part of the third case
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6)   Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6) - Page 4 EmptySun 25 Sep 2016 - 20:41

Just started the third case. I had this experience from the second case:

Case 2 of Spirit of Justice:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6)   Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6) - Page 4 EmptySun 25 Sep 2016 - 21:26

In response to the above:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6)   Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ace Attorney - Spirit Of Justice (AA6)
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next