We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)

Go down 
+15
shanks
Vidofnir
Jimbob
Axis1500
Zaphod_B
Cube
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
Athrun888
masofdas
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Balladeer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 12 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2014 - 22:23

Good so far guys,

@Axis Multi meant something like Just Dance 2015 which is on 360, ONE, PS3, WiiU. Amiibo is a nintendo thing only. Also Square said FFXV etc wasn't going be there, hoping for a good TGS for these
@Jay, Nothing for VITA not even Tales of Heart R as you might like it even though you'll never play it
@Balla, A future partner might own a ONE, you can play it then

And dam you all going before me, I was going to go overboard with videos & stuff. But now just WALL of TEXT.

The Second Annual GNamer E3 Awards 2014 Edition

Best Last Gen: Destiny, Didn’t see much for the 360 or PS3 shown but know there getting this

Best Port/HD/Remaster/Re-release to Next Gen: Halo: The Master Chief Collection, It has all 4 numbered Halos with number 2 being HD and over 100 MP maps also comes with access to Halo 5 BETA & the TV show all for £49.99 seems a great deal

Best Indie: No Man’s Sky, a few indie games were shown and Ori & the Blind Forest being my second
pick but this looked absolutely gorgeous and rather ambitious for such a small team.

Best Vita Exclusive: Child of Light Complete Edition, A little bit of cheating but the CE is exclusive but if i go for a serious choice Danganronpa 2

Best 3DS Exclusive: Code Name: S.T.E.A.M, New IP and looks really good game as well

Best Multi-Platform:  Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain, To me this is a game to be played on a Sony system and Kojima has even said it will come out when the PS4 has bigger install base but it is on other systems

Best Xbox One Exclusive: Scalebound MS showed a few exclusive but this from Platinum got me the most excited as they only do good games

Best PS4 Exclusive: Bloodborne, Similar reason to the Xbox One

Best Wii U Exclusive: Zelda U, Watch the trailer that is all, there was few good ones shown but has to be Zelda even with so little shown

Best New IP:  Bloodborne, It’s a From Software game on the PS4 what else do I need to say or is it Scalebound for similar reasons as Bloodborne. I can’t decide so a Tie.

Surprise Reveal: Rainbow Six Siege
, I don’t think anyone saw this coming and was a really good showing of the game as well

Best Company Showing: Nintendo, The direct was a bit short but the treehouse on twitch has been excellent showing stuff like fantasy life in depth which would never get in the direct and all done really well

Game of E3: Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain, Yes MGSV: PP. Zelda U, XCX, Bloodborne etc might be cool and I really do want those games but this had a great trailer and after playing Ground Zeroes I’m ready for some more Metal Gear NOW! So start buying PS4’s so we can get this game sooner then later.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 12 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2014 - 23:49

Edited the amiibo thing...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 12 EmptySat 14 Jun 2014 - 0:10

Here's my e3 votes

Spoiler:

Last edited by The_Jaster on Sat 14 Jun 2014 - 0:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 12 EmptySat 14 Jun 2014 - 0:15

Thought you would of gone for The Division Jas for Multi-Platform also VITA had more exclusives then 3DS at E3 which is kinda mad but if you don't like Japanese stuff like Cappa would be awful.

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 14 Jun 2014 - 0:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 12 EmptySat 14 Jun 2014 - 0:17

oooh I forgot about that one, its been a long day & I'm super tired right now so I'll edit my previous post.

EDIT: not really been following vita as nothing of what its offered thus far has interested me so I just threw a wee joke in there.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 12 EmptySat 14 Jun 2014 - 8:44

I didn't realise Let it Die was replacing Lily Bergano... I was totally turned off to it as soon as I heard free to play.
As for The Last Guardian I don't know why people thought it would be there, there's been enough info lately about it and I think it didn't sound like it was in any condition to be show.
As for Plat and One I probably phased out by seeing Gaf. If I believed every Gaf rumor I'd be very disappointed.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 12 EmptySat 14 Jun 2014 - 9:18

I've not seen any info on Last Guardian for ages, I think the platinum rumor started with that guy that some how has predicted everything Microsoft has done. He must of been a big wig or known one to be that good.

Free to play could still be good it be bad if it's pay to win.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 12 EmptySat 14 Jun 2014 - 22:49

Combo E3 newsish

Shuhei Yoshida has been on IGN's podcast beyond and been reports on Push Square etc. Talking about PlayStation and there showing at E3 with question like wheres Sony's Bends game with him basically saying that the PS4 is in a good place they can take there time and not rush announcements that might not be in a good way or to early (Learned from last guardian have you) and also have a full year of announcements at shows like E3, TGS & Gamescom.

Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 12 EmptySun 15 Jun 2014 - 1:17

After many years of sub-par E3 showings, Nintendo really hit it out of the park this year.

I have to say the Digital Event and Treehouse coverage made for my most enjoyable E3 in years, and a far cry from the hype-fuelled, almost empty reveals the show's attendees thrive on. And certainly the first E3 that I've actually been properly tired out from following.

Hilarious and self-aware Robot Chicken sketches aside, I really appreciated Nintendo's approach to showing off developer's work so proudly, having them on stage to talk game mechanics and what makes the games themselves so special next to what is practically 100% gameplay.

Even at the digital event it was a breath of fresh air next to Sony/Microsoft's no-substance CGI trailers (Bloodborne, Scalebound, Phantom Dust) or cutscenes (Uncharted 4), and the Treehouse live footage was the icing on the cake. Thinking about it now, Treehouse was the perfect team to pick to do it, since they have extensive knowledge about the games themselves due to the nature of their job, and their lack of presenting experience made you feel right at home, the same going for the developers themselves being there.

And that's before I remember the Smash Bros. Invitational, which really was a love letter to the fans, and the perfect thing to push what is probably Nintendo's biggest game release for the rest of 2014. The Reggie closing speech still cracks me up.

Just a big shame it isn't what the masses watching want nowadays, but I'm glad to see Nintendo take creative direction over that, anyway.

Sadly some people just don't get it, claiming Sony 'won' over a 30 second cutscene of Uncharted 4. E3 is a three day long event, and regardless of whether you liked the games shown or not, Nintendo had the best way of showing them to those following it across all three days. It was masterful. More like this next year, please.

masofdas wrote:
Combo E3 newsish

Shuhei Yoshida has been on IGN's podcast beyond and been reports on Push Square etc. Talking about PlayStation and there showing at E3 with question like wheres Sony's Bends game with him basically saying that the PS4 is in a good place they can take there time and not rush announcements that might not be in a good way or to early (Learned from last guardian have you) and also have a full year of announcements at shows like E3, TGS & Gamescom.

That is at least one positive to the PS4 selling mainly based on third party games and the promise of games to come (the slogan "Greatness Awaits" is quite ironic in that sense), Sony can at least take their time with the first party games and not worry about having to rush them out.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 12 EmptySun 15 Jun 2014 - 8:47

As far as I can tell, the general Internet seems to think that Nintendo won. Not that it should matter to any of us. But it does.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 12 EmptySun 15 Jun 2014 - 13:09

I'll bite on the whole rating of e3 thing.

Best Last Gen: Xenoblade X

Best Port/HD/Remaster/Re-release to Next Gen: Final Fantasy Type-0, while I'd have rather seen this come to the vita I'm just glad it's coming at all.  

Best Indie: n/a, I don't really follow the indie scene.

Best Vita Exclusive: dangan ronpa 2, I haven't played the first so it's probably a tad early for me to say that, but the first is generally referred to with praise implying it as one of the killer apps for the system so the sequel holds the most interest for me and will continue to do so unless I for some reason end up not liking the first.

Best 3DS Exclusive: Persona Q.  While it's nice to see nintendo finally doing a new ip I'll admit I'm shallow enough to be put off by the art style of steam.  Not that I won't give the game a fair chance if it gets glowing praise when it comes out, but given how much I love persona 3 and 4 there's no contest.

Best Multi-Platform: Nothing really leaped out at me, final fantasy type-0 I guess?  

Best Xbox One Exclusive: N/a, I don't follow microsoft's systems and nothing I've heard about has convinced me the system is still anything but shooter and racer oriented, which are the two genres I have zero interest in along with sports.  So I have no actual opinion on it one way or the other.

Best PS4 Exclusive: Bloodborne sounds like it will be interesting, not my scene as I'm not a fan of creepy gory stuff, but as far as raw credentials and quality goes it sounds like it's the best exclusive for the system shown at this e3.

Best Wii U Exclusive: A toss up between smash and xenoblade for me.  Xenoblade has the fact it's a spiritual sequel to one of my favourite jrpg's going for it, along with the added bonus the composer happens to be my favourite anime composer.  But then there's smash, which is, well, smash.  I think I'll give this to xenoblade barely, not because I think smash won't be the better game, but because what was shown at e3 only made my hype for it better while smash kinda took a hammer to my hype with the addition of pac man.  

Best New IP: Probably bloodborne.  

Surprise Reveal: S.T.E.A.M, it may not be on my radar just yet for my shallow reasons but I was surprised by its reveal, pleasantly however because it's nice to see new ideas coming from a big name company in what is the age of milking rehashed sequels.  

Best Company Showing: Nintendo, there is absolutely no other answer to this.  They won the moment they started their show with the hilarious fight followed by a presentation focused solely on showing off actual gameplay for their games.  Not only that but they have, finally, sold their system to me.  I can't say the same for the other companies and their cgi trailer dominated shows.

Game of E3: A draw between smash and xenoblade for me, for reasons already stated above.

Last edited by Athrun888 on Sun 15 Jun 2014 - 13:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 12 EmptySun 15 Jun 2014 - 13:13

How is Xenoblade X last-gen.?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 12 EmptySun 15 Jun 2014 - 13:14

Same it's on a current gen system.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 12 EmptySun 15 Jun 2014 - 13:27

I'm just trying to cheat a little rather than have another n/a honestly. Don't question the logic! The logic parts of my brain can be a very scary place...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 12 EmptySun 15 Jun 2014 - 13:29

Also persona Q had a E3 trailer.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 12 EmptySun 15 Jun 2014 - 13:49

Great, then I can remove pokemon without any hesitation and give it to my most anticipated 3ds game.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 12 EmptySun 15 Jun 2014 - 16:30

Athrun888 wrote:

Best Xbox One Exclusive: N/a, I don't follow microsoft's systems and nothing I've heard about has convinced me the system is still anything but shooter and racer oriented, which are the two genres I have zero interest in along with sports.  So I have no actual opinion on it one way or the other.

That's ironic, given Sony spent more time talking about exclusives/games with exclusive content that are exactly that: DriveClub: Destiny: Battlefield Hardline, The Last Of Us: HD Remastered, Uncharted 4, Far Cry 4, whereas Microsoft's lineup of exclusive content was far more diverse, with the likes of Scalebound from Platinum, Fable Legends, Sunset Overdrive from Insomniac, D4 from Swery64, Crackdown and Phantom Dust among others.

Even moreso given right now third party support on both platforms is pretty much limited to the three biggest publishers' output: Activision, Ubisoft and EA, so exclusives are more important than ever in defining how a system looks and seems. Given Sony are now very much aiming for the masses right now, almost adopting how Microsoft handed the 360 in terms of software output, PS4 is increasingly being defined by shooters and racers, whereas the Xbox One has a bit more diversity...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 12 EmptySun 15 Jun 2014 - 17:53

Uncharted is a Action Adventure game, Microsoft showed Forza a racing game and Sony showed Bloodborne which I think is on par with the Scalebound showing. They showed much the same the only one that I would say was real different was Sunset Overdrive which looks a bit like a colorful Infamous. And Sony had it's indies such No Man's Sky showing which looks like will be mopping up the bet of E3 awards from numerous places.

But also remember this was a USA show, maybe it was catered to a USA audience where the last gen the 360 was king with is manly games. But when it comes to TGS we might see stuff from Studio Japan, Team ICO and Square Enix for instance might show at Sony's event for example.

Remember last year Microsoft tried to cater for the European audience by announcing FIFA 14 would be bundled in at gamescom.

Exclusive at E3 2014
Only on PS4 15
Only on WiiU 15
Only on ONE 13
Only on 3DS 10.5 (counting the two Pokemon games as 1.5)
Only on VITA 10
I can only play it on a PS3 or PS4 or VITA 5
Only on PS3 4
I can only play on a 360 or ONE 3
Only on PSP (also VITA as there downloads) 2
I can only play it on a PS3 or PS3 2
I can only play it on a PS3 or VITA 2
I can only play it on a WiiU or a 3DS 2
I can only play it on a PS4 or VITA 1
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 12 EmptySun 15 Jun 2014 - 18:08

fronkhead wrote:
Athrun888 wrote:

That's ironic, given Sony spent more time talking about exclusives/games with exclusive content that are exactly that: DriveClub: Destiny: Battlefield Hardline, The Last Of Us: HD Remastered, Uncharted 4, Far Cry 4, whereas Microsoft's lineup of exclusive content was far more diverse, with the likes of Scalebound from Platinum, Fable Legends, Sunset Overdrive from Insomniac, D4 from Swery64, Crackdown and Phantom Dust among others.

Even moreso given right now third party support on both platforms is pretty much limited to the three biggest publishers' output: Activision, Ubisoft and EA, so exclusives are more important than ever in defining how a system looks and seems. Given Sony are now very much aiming for the masses right now, almost adopting how Microsoft handed the 360 in terms of software output, PS4 is increasingly being defined by shooters and racers, whereas the Xbox One has a bit more diversity...

Neither system right now is on my radar to be perfectly honest, so I didn't really pay much attention to either of them outside of what the general reception has been.  While the One might be doing better as far as exclusives go right now memories of what happened last generation are still fresh in my mind so it'll take more than just those to sway me, if things are still the same in two to three years then I'll probably reassess my view of microsoft and the One.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 12 EmptyMon 16 Jun 2014 - 19:30

Thanks to all 7 of you that have done your E3 awards for 2014.

If we were to add them together this is The Second Annual GNamer E3 Awards 2014 Edition final picks.

Best Last Gen: No Clear Winner

Best Port/HD/Remaster/Rerelease to Next Gen: No Clear Winner

Best Indie: No Man’s Sky & Affordable Space Adventures Tie with 2 picks each

Best Vita Exclusive: Danganronpa 2 with 5 picks

Best 3DS Exclusive: Code Name: S.T.E.A.M & Fantasy life Tie with 2 picks each

Best Multi-Platform: Witcher 3 with 2 picks

Best Xbox One Exclusive: Scalebound with 3 picks

Best PS4 Exclusive: Bloodborne with 4 picks

Best Wii U Exclusive: Smash Bros U with 3 picks

Best New IP: Bloodborne & Splatoon tie with 2 picks each

Best Company Showing: Nintendo with 7 out of 7 picks.

Game of E3: Smash Bros U with 3 picks.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 12 EmptyTue 17 Jun 2014 - 10:02

Confirmed: Nintendo won E3.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 12 EmptyWed 22 Apr 2015 - 10:12

Just reading this back looking at the predictions and rumours and how many have now become real.

Actually looking to see when this went up as little bit's of E3 2015 are starting to trickle out like Phill "saved the xbox one" Spencer tweeting about this years E3 there will hopefully be a new first party IP (I'm thinking a long dormant one that M$ coming back) and the focus will be on first party & exclusive games unlike past years.

But looking it seems it's the month before E3 2015 thread will be made.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)   Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014) - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Digital Event (and E3 2014)
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12