We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts

Go down 
+21
Kriken
gjones
OrangeRakoon
oldschool
Cube
Admin
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
Axis1500
Rum
beemoh
fronkhead
2grundies
Crumpy Andy
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Dusty Knackers
JayMoyles
Jimbob
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 21 EmptyTue 7 Apr 2020 - 19:55

This one does feel a lot better paced than New Leaf to me at this early stage. Them holding off with some stuff until later has really worked in its favour, however much some might have moaned about not having the Museum first thing. It's definitely also a right place right time thing.

The_Jaster wrote:
Eh? Think you have me confused with someone else as I barely listen to podcasts.

Did you not recommend me Jeremy and Chris' Supernatural podder? Eh?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 21 EmptyTue 7 Apr 2020 - 22:20

Nope I don't think so, but I did use to watch the TV show until it started retreading the same ground.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 21 EmptyFri 10 Apr 2020 - 15:41

Balladeer wrote:
This one does feel a lot better paced than New Leaf to me at this early stage.  Them holding off with some stuff until later has really worked in its favour, however much some might have moaned about not having the Museum first thing.  It's definitely also a right place right time thing.

It amazes me that so many people hate the pacing of this game. The way things are added to your island and the rate of population growth is a perfect fit for the setting.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 21 EmptyFri 10 Apr 2020 - 17:19

I think it's expectation. People are used to having everything given them and can't deal with getting not quite so much quite so fast. See also: Dexit.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 21 EmptyTue 14 Apr 2020 - 17:22

The pacing is really good
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 21 EmptyWed 15 Apr 2020 - 10:09

Balladeer wrote:

Did you not recommend me Jeremy and Chris' Supernatural podder? Eh?

That was me. I don't watch Supernatural but I've listened to Jeremy on Dark Souls, Dark Tower and X-Men podcasts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 21 EmptyThu 16 Apr 2020 - 19:16

Ahhhhhhhh. Yep they're pretty solid in this one too. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 21 EmptyFri 17 Apr 2020 - 13:50

I'm fighting my way through Excite Truck. The motion control steering is something I am struggling to adapt to, much like how I would avoid it entirely in Mario Kart Wii. Considering a racing game requires precision controls, it's really frustrating when I turn and it doesn't immediately react. I spend half the race in the trees tapping the '2' button (itself, an unnecessary QTE). It's a shame because I've had fun on some of the tracks but the controls are just something I can't get past. Is there the option to use the Cube controller? I can't seem to find anything on the options menu Sad Blasting through beaches and mountains like some exotic version of TOCA is right up my street, but I don't think I'll see the end of this one.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 21 EmptyFri 17 Apr 2020 - 18:52

I'm certain that it's only controlled with tilt motions on the Wii Remote. I'd encourage you to stick it out (as it's not that long a game), but if the controls aren't something you're adapting to, it might be best to just call it a day with Excite Truck. Me, I really like Excite Truck, but those memories are from summer 2007, a particularly happy time in my life. Thirteen years is a long time, and you're a better judge of it's quality nowadays than I am.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 21 EmptySat 30 May 2020 - 18:36

Hi!  I'm clearing out the DEEP BACKLOG.

For those who are unaware or have forgotten, the DEEP BACKLOG was my way of pretending to myself that I'd ever get back to a bunch of games that got buried under others coming along.  Trouble is, even now in what is a pretty quiet period for the Switch, I've got so much on (both games in my more immediate backlog and outside playing games) that I'm never realistically going to get back to these games.  For some, it's a sad omission of defeat; for some, a relieved one; and for some, I still harbour a secret hope that I'll get back to these games some day.  In order, then, of likelihood of return:

ASTRAL CHAIN:

LAPIS X LABYRINTH:

GUACAMELEE 2:

KATAMARI DAMACY REROLL:

BABA IS YOU:

OKAMI:

SUPER MARIO MAKER 2:

On that note: if anybody here would like to buy my copies of Astral Chain or Lapis x Labyrinth special edition (all bits and pieces still in the box), I'll happily send them to you.  Heck, I'd say the same about Skyrim, Dragon Quest XI, and The World Ends With You: Final Remix.  Half the cheapest cost you can find from a decent (not CEX) reputable (not CEX) retailer plus postage: bung a link with a price my way and I'll bung a game yours.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 21 EmptySun 31 May 2020 - 9:50

Gosh, I used to think we had quite similar tastes in games, but I think we might actually be quite different. I loved Astral Chain, Katamari Damacy, and a second playthrough of Okami (though yes, the characters were a bit suspect, apart from lovely Ammy herself). Guacamelee 2 was good but I absolutely get your point there - I found it erred on the side of frustrating platforming a bit too much.

Is TWEWY:FR actually worth it at all? I was interested in it (not least because NGamer loved it, and I still associate Jay with his former TWEWY avatar (RIP)) and never owned it on DS, but I didn't get the impression it was necessarily worth my time on Switch. It's been on my eShop wishlist for yonks but it's never on sale, and I am an eShop sale whore.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 21 EmptyMon 1 Jun 2020 - 20:33

Rum Rapture wrote:

Is TWEWY:FR actually worth it at all? I was interested in it (not least because NGamer loved it, and I still associate Jay with his former TWEWY avatar (RIP)) and never owned it on DS, but I didn't get the impression it was necessarily worth my time on Switch. It's been on my eShop wishlist for yonks but it's never on sale, and I am an eShop sale whore.

I've still got the old avatar saved on my laptop! But sometimes, it's time to move on...

As for TWEWY:FR - yes, but only if you can't find a copy of the original on DS or if you can't be arsed pulling out the old handheld. I do think the lack of the second screen really hurts some of the game's uniqueness and the Switch touchscreen really isn't up to much when compared to the DS's, but it's still TWEWY at the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 21 EmptyTue 2 Jun 2020 - 20:15

I pretty much agree with what Jay says.  It's probably still worth it if you haven't played TWEWY, but there are better ways to play it.

Rum Rapture wrote:
Gosh, I used to think we had quite similar tastes in games, but I think we might actually be quite different. I loved Astral Chain, Katamari Damacy, and a second playthrough of Okami (though yes, the characters were a bit suspect, apart from lovely Ammy herself). Guacamelee 2 was good but I absolutely get your point there - I found it erred on the side of frustrating platforming a bit too much.

Much though I'd be surprised if anyone agreed strictly with my odd and very picky taste in games, I wouldn't base any differential in that on my second playthrough of anything!  I'm not much of a replayer, but Okami is still solid gold.  Katamari... I still like bits of it, you know?  With more time/fewer games I think I'd want to play more of it just to find out what happens to the weird blocky kids.  

Astral Chain yep no, not for me, tastes diverge.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 21 EmptyWed 3 Jun 2020 - 10:39

Balladeer wrote:

Astral Chain yep no, not for me, tastes diverge.

G . . . i . . . t . . .

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 21 1tx61o
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 21 EmptyWed 3 Jun 2020 - 10:45

A lot of us dropped of Astral Chain, it's by no way Platinum's worse game but just something about it that wasn't as fun as a TMNT or Transformers
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 21 EmptyWed 3 Jun 2020 - 12:14

I wouldn't say it was a lot since I can only think of you, Cappa (I think) and now Balla that didn't finish it on this forum.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 21 EmptyWed 3 Jun 2020 - 12:16

Thought Jay did as well, and if he did that's about half of who played it
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 21 EmptyWed 3 Jun 2020 - 16:55

Yeah maybe as I honestly don't remember.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 21 EmptyThu 4 Jun 2020 - 7:48

masofdas wrote:
A lot of us dropped of Astral Chain
Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 21 Git-gud-or-get-sacked-an-open-letter-to-video-games-journalists-header
Quote :
it that wasn't as fun as a TMNT or Transformers
I much preferred it to either of those, and I'm the Transformers guy!

I will agree that it isn't up there with the Bayonettas or Vanquish, but honestly what action game is?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 21 EmptyThu 4 Jun 2020 - 7:55

I did in the 2000's with things like Ninja Gaiden when it was the one game I had for a few weeks along time to play it. now can't be arsed trying to Git Gud on something I didn't like the investigation bits were boring as hell.

Also Devil May Cry 3 is your answer along with Ninja Gaiden

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 4 Jun 2020 - 9:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 21 EmptyThu 4 Jun 2020 - 9:22

masofdas wrote:
I did in the 2000's with things like Ninja Gaiden when it was the one game I had for a few weeks along time to play it, now can't be arsed trying to Git Gud on something I didn't like the investigation bits were boring as hell.

Also Devil May Cry 3 is your answer

Haaaang on - the Xbox guy doesn't like Ninja Gaiden? Best game on the system mate. That's not Halo or Chaos Theory.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 21 EmptyThu 4 Jun 2020 - 9:26

I love Ninja Gaiden.

I'm on about back then had time to play and get good at it but now with work and so many forms of entertainment I'm not going to spend time on something like Astral Chain if I don't find enjoyable and it was the investigation parts that bored me.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 21 EmptyThu 4 Jun 2020 - 9:30

masofdas wrote:
Also Devil May Cry 3 is your answer along with Ninja Gaiden

Yeah, DMC probably comes closest. Which makes sense, they're cousins.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 21 EmptyThu 4 Jun 2020 - 9:31

Fair. Astral Chain is one game I wanted a Switch for so will pick it up at some point, but it's interesting that a lot of you dropped it. Just got a 100 hour RPG game to get out the way first.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 21 EmptyThu 4 Jun 2020 - 11:59

I gave up on Astral Chain too, but recognised that it was good. It just came out at a busy time for games, and I was more interested in playing FIFA 20, Yooka-Laylee & The Impossible Lair and so on. I'd have probably tried it again now, when it's much quieter, if I hadn't left my copy in my flat over on the south east. It's not quite ready for my review in this thread, I still think there's a chance I'll give it another go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts   Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last game you DIDN'T finish and your thoughts
Page 21 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 38  Next