We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off

Go down 
+26
Rum
Muss
gjones
flora-chan
NintenDUCK
Dead Lemon
Admin
Xelviar
Solve My Maze
The Cappuccino Kid
oldschool
Luigi442wii
minecrafter7744
Vidofnir
Jimbob
ZeroJones
Gogoata
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
fronkhead
Athrun888
shanks
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Balladeer
masofdas
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 40 EmptyWed 23 Jun 2021 - 5:22

Buskalilly wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Definitely not fair to discount the 2D Zeldas.  I do kind of know where you're coming from, there's an extra level of 'special' to the 3D ones that the 2D ones can't match, but the most recent new 2D ones have still been some of the finest games ever.  Any list that excludes Minish Cap is a bad list.
This is why they weren't crossed out, they just weren't in bold. They're real games, but not "the next" Zelda game, y'know?

Think said above I saw as handheld and console Zelda's but no reason after BotW2 that team goes let's make a quality 2D next.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 23 Jun 2021 - 21:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 40 EmptyWed 23 Jun 2021 - 21:13

I've said it before, but I'd love a new 2D Zelda or remakes of the Oracle games done in the art style of Link's Awakening.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I know I’ve asked this before, but can anyone recommend me any episodes of the Back Page podcast that are about NGamer Magazine? Also, preferably, can anyone roughly guide me to what bits are worth listening to? I’m not prepared to sit through a three hour (!!!) podcast just for twenty minutes of chat I’m interested in.

There’s something that really !&$%2 me off: three hour podcasts. No. Get over yourselves.

I don't mind a three-hour podcast so long as I'm being entertained the entire time. This is especially true because that sort of podcast often doesn't start off meaning to be three hours, but if the chemistry between the hosts is good it can spiral out of control in a good way.

As for specific episodes of TBP that are about NGamer, that's tough. Matthew sprinkles his experiences of the mag through the show rather than saving them up. There are episode cover ones, but even then they alternate between Matthew (NGamer and also Official XBox Magazine) and Sam (who cares). They do a bit about where they were in the world of gaming at the start of the 'Best Games of 20XX' episodes as well, which for Matthew is NGamer in these early years.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 40 EmptyThu 24 Jun 2021 - 19:11

Hmm. I’ll never plonk myself down to listen and pay attention to a weekly three-hour podcast, but I’ll try it this way: is there a specific Back Page podcast that folk recommend I listen to? I’d maybe listen to it in half-hour bits over a couple of weeks.

I remember UNISON saying that the average length of a pre-COVID commute to work was just under an hour both ways – I’ve always felt that this is the sort of length that weekly podcasts should run for. I can’t imagine listening to a podcast at any other time to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 40 EmptyFri 25 Jun 2021 - 3:50

I listen to podcasts while I'm cooking and cleaning, while I'm going to and from work and the gym, while I'm shopping, while I'm hiking, sometimes even during a couple of games of something like Splatoon, so I get through plenty of pods in a week. Obviously I don't want them all to be three hours long, but one or two in my playlist doesn't hurt me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 40 EmptyFri 25 Jun 2021 - 18:06

Yep, same. I would never listen to a three-hour, two-hour, or even one-hour podcast in one shot; but I listen to podcasts when I'm doing almost anything that isn't actually fun and doesn't require concentration. I get through a fair amount.

Hmm. I’ll never plonk myself down to listen and pay attention to a weekly three-hour podcast, but I’ll try it this way: is there a specific Back Page podcast that folk recommend I listen to? I’d maybe listen to it in half-hour bits over a couple of weeks.

Episode 27 (We Can Each Buy 6 Game Devs - Who Wins?) is the most memed. Episodes Games 8 and 2 (Magazine Covers From Hell and Games Magazine Scores We Got Wrong) are good lookbacks at magazine days that have a decent amount of NGamer content from Castle. Finally, Episode 15 (Bad eBay Games Court) is arguably the silliest. 2 is the shortest out of that lot, clocking in at under an hour thirty. They're all under two hours. I guess those are my recommendations.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 40 EmptyFri 25 Jun 2021 - 20:06

It was interesting to hear Castle acknowledge the anti-Sonic sentiment prevalent in NGamer (and previously NGC) as a lingering byproduct of the console wars. That always felt a bit childish, but then I guess it was nothing compared to what NOM was doing at the time.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 40 EmptyTue 29 Jun 2021 - 10:35

To be fair, though, Sonic games are and always have been shite.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 40 EmptyTue 29 Jun 2021 - 13:35

There’s no need for the GNamer Forum’s frequent outbursts and insidious bias against the excellent Sonic The Hedgehog series.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 40 EmptyWed 30 Jun 2021 - 1:34

Bias? Or facts?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 40 EmptyWed 30 Jun 2021 - 22:30

There’s no need for the GNamer Forum’s frequent outbursts and insidious bias against the excellent Sonic The Hedgehog series.

Buska's frequent outbursts and insidious bias, be fair. I haven't played enough Sonic games to make frequent outbursts or be insidiously biased, in that I've played none of them.

It was quite funny listening to the fellow they'd actually got on the pod to support Sonic acknowledging that you had to lower your standards to enjoy the games though. Laughing Hardly the ringingest of endorsements.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 40 EmptyWed 30 Jun 2021 - 22:59

Depends on the Sonic games, like the Mega Drive ones are bangers which I think is shown with Mania still reviewing well in this day in age, the 3D ones etc are the mixed bag.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 40 EmptyThu 1 Jul 2021 - 2:55

The first levels of the Mega Drive ones are bangers.

Sonic Rush was really good.

Umm . . . the 3D ones have moments. Colours and Generations edge into acceptable territory.

Ultimately though, Sonic has never been in any game better than average. As for comic books, that's a different story.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 40 EmptyThu 1 Jul 2021 - 7:51

The only good Sonic games are Adventure 1 & 2, Heroes and Secret Rings.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 40 EmptyThu 1 Jul 2021 - 9:31

Sonic series as whole I would agree is average, not all the games and some are fantastic.

I love Sonic Heroes.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 40 EmptyThu 1 Jul 2021 - 9:58

Crumpy Andy wrote:
The only good Sonic games are Adventure 1 & 2, Heroes and Secret Rings.
I actually really liked Secret Rings. Doesn't that one get a lot of shit these days?

masofdas wrote:
I love Sonic Heroes.
I like the song.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 40 EmptyThu 1 Jul 2021 - 12:05

Secret Rings does get a bashing, but yeah it was a genuinely fun on rails platformer. I think it's far more fun than the more recent Sonic runs in 3d and you have no control stuff.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 40 EmptyThu 1 Jul 2021 - 12:06

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Secret Rings does get a bashing, but yeah it was a genuinely fun on rails platformer. I think it's far more fun than the more recent - watch whilst Sonic runs in 3d and you have no control stuff.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 40 EmptyThu 1 Jul 2021 - 13:13

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 40 ?s=partridge&e=S02E04&i=S02E04-1ebX6sow&t1=No!%20Stop%20getting%20Sonic%20wrong!&t2=
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 40 EmptyThu 1 Jul 2021 - 16:19

We're into the 990s, so it's thread-splitting time. See you all in the next one for a fresh round of hate!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40