We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrestling Discussion Thread II

Go down 
+10
gjones
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Slazo
Buskalilly
Dusty Knackers
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
JayMoyles
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 39 EmptySun 7 Apr 2019 - 11:47

Couple of my mates are actually in New York for mania. I'm kinda jealous.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 39 EmptySun 7 Apr 2019 - 11:52

I'm jealous but also you would be at MetLife for about 10hrs or more that seems nuts to me.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 39 EmptySun 7 Apr 2019 - 13:37

If I'd paid to go to 'Mania, I'd want a whole lot of Wrestling for my money!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 39 EmptySun 7 Apr 2019 - 19:28

I bet that'd all go by in a blink of an eye if you were actually there though because it's always easier to hold the attention of a live crowd than those watching on TV.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 39 EmptyWed 10 Apr 2019 - 0:43

I'm only just recovering from Mania - bloody knackered by the end of that!

Some amazing and heartwarming moments - not a bad Mania, all told.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 39 EmptyThu 9 May 2019 - 16:33

We got some big news yesterday, AEW Double or Nothing will be on ITV Box Office (App on PS4) for £14.95 1am on May 26th and the pre-show will be on ITV4 at midnight May 25th.

I'm going to EofGiz's new place to watch it and record the rest of the brand wars, super excited for the PPV especially seeing how bad WWE has been post WM.

I even watched some Impact last week after hearing the Rebellion, it wasn't too bad just the rosemary stuff was odd and backstage stuff does seem low budget.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 39 EmptyFri 10 May 2019 - 0:51

I'm looking forward to Double or Nothing! I'm happy enough to drop £15 on the event as I'll reckon we'll get a good show. The real test will be how their weekly TV comes together because that seems like it'll be trickier to consistently book well as opposed to one-off big events.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 39 EmptyFri 10 May 2019 - 9:12

That is the bit that is sort of iffy as they've said they don't want storyline writers, likes of billy gunn are coaches not producers, they did say wins and losses will matter though.

The other thing is will the boys just book themselves as the top guys like good ol WCW.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 39 EmptyFri 10 May 2019 - 23:05

You've got to imagine that Cody, having lived through his dad and brother in WCW, would have a bit more sense than to book the Elite to be in the main event of every show.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 39 EmptyFri 10 May 2019 - 23:06

I like wrestling but I can only handle ppvs and maybe a week of tv. Which is the real problem with the wwe. It's just way way too big.

I can't wait to see pac in an Aew format though
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 39 EmptySun 26 May 2019 - 18:34

Well, Double or Nothing was a banger and I can not wait for the next event and for it to be on TV.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 39 EmptySun 26 May 2019 - 19:45

Aye that was a top wrestling show, though I have to say that I wasn't convinced by the free hour they put on itv4 so much so I didn't put up the cash to buy the event and just found a stream instead. Now, I obviously regret this for a few reasons 1, the show was top notch with Cody vs Dustin especially feeling like you were seeing something historic unfold before your eyes & 2, I had the feed drop on me a few times leaving me scrambling to find another along with constant rewind skips.

I'm going to make up for that though by buying it on TV player or something & I'm definitely sold on purchasing future events now.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 39 EmptyMon 27 May 2019 - 0:33

Aye, great show! The Cody/Dustin match was match of the night in my eyes - definitely an exciting future ahead for AEW. I was pleasantly surprised by the Joshi tag match too. I knew little to nothing about those ladies, but they smashed it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 39 EmptyThu 30 May 2019 - 16:20

I didn't realise today that NXT XXV was this weekend, I will give it a watch but I have cancelled my WWE sub as it's not been great and looks like Seth v Corbin is going to be a feud.

I just can't get excited about it, what I can do is NJPW due to AEW as Moxley will be on an upcoming card against Juice for the US Belt then not long after that we've got Okada v Y2J for the IWGP Heavyweight Belt those are some dam fine matches.

And I'll watch some Impact in-between that as it's better than you would think.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 39 EmptyThu 30 May 2019 - 19:44

June's an excellent month to try out NJPW World, I'd say. You'll get the Best of the Super Juniors final - that'll be ace, and I'm looking forward to seeing Jon Moxley wrestle outside of WWE - and Dominion which is always a fantastic show.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 39 EmptyThu 6 Jun 2019 - 1:53

JayMoyles wrote:
You'll get the Best of the Super Juniors final - that'll be ace, and I'm looking forward to seeing Jon Moxley wrestle outside of WWE -

And it was ace! Moxley's match is well worth looking out - it was really different from most NJPW matches whilst still feeling different from his work in WWE. It's one of the best singles matches I've seen from him and it led into the absolutely fantastic main event of Will Ospreay vs Shingo Takagi, which is my MOTY so far. Can't wait to see Ospreay wrestle in August for Royal Quest.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 39 EmptyThu 6 Jun 2019 - 11:03

Going to try and watch BOSJ as soon as I can.

What a day Aug 31st is now with NJPW Royal Quest in London, NXT UK Takeover Cardiff which I will try to go to and AEW All Out from Chicago.

Thankfully All Out is like Midnight or 1 am for us that can easily see one of the other events then that later in the night.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 39 EmptyThu 6 Jun 2019 - 14:41

Aye Moxley versus Juice was very good, since I don't watch a lot of NJPW so it was a bit weird how the refs give them a lot of leeway to use weapons outside the ring in a championship match & I couldn't help but laugh at the teeny tables they used as well.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 39 EmptyFri 7 Jun 2019 - 21:43

They've always justified it that the refs want to see a definitive finish as much as the fans do, so they're much more willing to allow a bit of weapon usage outside of the ring. In-ring, it tends to lend to a DQ.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 39 EmptyFri 7 Jun 2019 - 21:53

Aye, I was intrigued by it so I googled and found similar reasons as well as some saying when a DQ or count out happens it's more meaningful because of how rare it is. Oh those post match promos were nice well.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 39 EmptyFri 7 Jun 2019 - 21:57

Aye, the Bullet Club spent the last G1 intentionally getting DQ'd in their matches, so it was a big deal and they spun into a storyline.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 39 EmptySun 16 Jun 2019 - 14:40

G1 time bay bay

A Block
Kazuchika Okada (IWGP Heavyweight Champion)
Zack Sabre Jr.
Hiroshi Tanahashi
Kota Ibushi
EVIL
SANADA
Bad Luck Fale
Will Ospreay (IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion)
KENTA

B Block
Tetsuya Naito (IWGP Intercontinental Champion)
Tomohiro Ishii (NEVER Openweight Champion)
Juice Robinson
Toru Yano (NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Champion)
Hirooki Goto
Jay White
Jeff Cobb
Shingo Takagi
Taichi
Jon Moxley (IWGP US Heavyweight Champion)

Kinda wish Mox was in block A as sure him v Naito is cool but it's no Okada or Ibushi or Ospreay though
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 39 EmptyMon 17 Jun 2019 - 22:40

Missing Lance Archer from your A Block.

I'm excited! There's no clear winner compared to previous years, although last year's result was surprising. There's some proper dream match stuff in there too - all of Moxley's matches will be great, although I'm a wee bit sad we're not getting Mox vs Suzuki.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 39 EmptyWed 19 Jun 2019 - 20:51

An absolute shocker: Lionheart has passed away.

https://twitter.com/InsaneChampWres/status/1141423050925268992
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 39 EmptyWed 19 Jun 2019 - 22:59

Yeah.....was absolutely stunned hearing that news earlier tonight, it's especially tough to take when you see the folk who knew him best say he was nothing but a gentleman to everyone he met.

RIP Lionheart.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling Discussion Thread II   Wrestling Discussion Thread II - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Discussion Thread II
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next