We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
mandlecreed
Dead Lemon
Vidofnir
JayMoyles
Admin
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
masofdas
shanks
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 19:22

Yeah 10 Jay

Reply back on Drunka's Spoiler :
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 19:23

Anyone going to be on Skype for it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 19:32

I should be on Skype chat if people want to chat about what's going down.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 19:34

I'll probably have skype up, aye.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 19:36

Top. Skype chat always enhances a Direct, I reckon. Good to get hype with folks.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 19:50

The only things this direct will have worth caring about will be Xenoblade X, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and Fire Emblem Fates, oh and the Smash Ballot.  Calling it now.  

I don't feel a main series Pokemon announcement oncoming, timing just feels wrong.  Nintendo have a ton of new releases to tout right now so I don't see them overshadowing all of those by announcing a new main series Pokemon game due out this time next year, there'll be plenty of directs in the nearish future for them to do that without cannibalizing the limelight of games launching right now so I reckon that's how they'll play their cards.  

Course, this is Nintendo, and their hilariously bad advertising priorities are kinda the reason the Wii U has been a complete flop, so who knows!  Laughing  Either way I'm certain I'll be waking up to some good news.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 20:31

Ten it is. Also I'm already spoiled Aww! , but if you two hadn't Nintendo Life would've. How much effort - HOW MUCH - does it take to hold back ND spoilers until the second paragraph of the article text and not stick it in the headline? DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 20:38

I'm still merrily unspoiled, so please keep it spoiler-free in the Skype chat tonight lads!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 20:56

Balladeer wrote:
Ten it is.  Also I'm already spoiled Aww! , but if you two hadn't Nintendo Life would've.  How much effort - HOW MUCH - does it take to hold back ND spoilers until the second paragraph of the article text and not stick it in the headline? DAMN YOU!

NintendoDEATH, more like! Evil or Very Mad They got me, too - bloody stickied article, it was. All it takes is a title like "We Think We Know What The Direct Is About" and "Spoilers inside!" on the caption under the ND picture. No
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 21:53

Timer seems to be ten minutes out, eh? Meh
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 21:56

Andy and myself are on Skype chatting now for those wanting to join in!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 22:59

Not much that's excited me personally, but things are looking okay. Longer-term there's nothing much of interest, but between now and springtime there's quite a lot that might take my fancy. Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow on Virtual Console was the highlight. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 23:00

Don't see the point myself, but that they've included wireless trading is pretty cool. More effort than Nintendo usually go for in such things as well.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 23:02

Not too fussed about Red and Blue - I've played FR/LG fairly recently - but Yellow is interesting though. Not played that one in so long!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 23:21

I've got a Red and a Yellow still knocking about for my Game Boy so not too fussed about those. Lots of other lovely stuff though!

Twilight Princess: I love this game passionately and I've been looking for an excuse to replay it for years. Ideal.
Zelda U: Just a little glimpse, but still looks bloody gorgeous. Colour me keen. Plus, Linkle has to be appearing, right?
Paper Mario and Luigi: Looks fun and i'm after something for 3DS.  Will almost definitely pick this up.
Pokken: I like pokemon and I like teken. Thumbs up.
Xenoblade Chronicles X: christ, this looks gorgeous. My plan is to make this my "Christmas game" but waiting 21 days won't be easy...
Splatoon: yay! More excuses to keep up my diaries. Plus, proof of my magical Nintendo destiny: the direct was once again on my day off work, and splatoon content will once again arrive while I'm away.
Fire Emblem: I am so ready for more of this!
Star Fox: looking phenomenal!

And I'm almost definitely forgetting stuff! Sure, no major surprises but overall,  a nice showing. Brought us up to date on the immediate future and sets up for another direct next year to detail the plan going forwards.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 9 EmptyThu 12 Nov 2015 - 23:49

Leaving my thoughts for the Podcast tomorrow but it's a good time if you're a fan of RPG's of any sort.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 6:07

A wee bit rpg heavy for my tastes but that was a solid direct overall, quite looking forward to the new Splatoon content, M&L paper jam, xenoblade X & Star fox.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 6:50

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 9 325110

See Nintendo, this is why you're on the bottom this generation.  You have absolutely no idea how to advertise products appropriately.  Like Xenoblade X, it's blatantly apparent they're just sending it out to die so they can use it as an excuse to never localize anything besides Mario and Zelda in the future, when they should be flogging the ever living hell out of it when it has the ingredients to be a Final Fantasy VII level game.  

I'll admit the tp amiibo and soundtrack edition look nice, and they're basically the only reason my face wasn't one of contempt rather than unimpressed.  Not that I like tp all that much, but wolf sections aside it was rather fun.  Also sort of surprised to see the two dragon quest games coming west, no doubt Nintendo took charge there given se's lack of interest in anything outside ff.  

And no, I don't frankly care about Cloud.  I am surprised they managed to pull that (I thought Sony had some sort of exclusivity deal with vii, guess not), but, well, my views of VII were well documented in the final fantasy thread so I doubt anybody who saw them needs me to explain why I couldn't give less of a eff.  Maybe if this was Lightning or a Black Mage I'd care beyond the surprise factor.  If anything this is going to turn the internet at wide in to an insufferable pit of vii fanboyism for the next day or two, so colour me unimpressed.

On a brighter note at least they are bringing the three route "complete" edition of fire emblem fates over, I was a bit concerned they would just bring out the "good" route physically and expect everyone to buy Conquest and revelations digitally.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 7:53

Well thanks for including that image first thing, Athrun. The last thing I wanted to read after what I, and most others it seems, thought was a pretty good Direct was four paragraphs of misery, so that tells me I can skip your post.

One thing I did find odd, though - no Kimishima? None at all? Iwata usually had the weirdest moments, so if there's no unifying force across all Directs, does that mean less weirdness? I hope not.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 8:00

Oh I couldn't help but chuckle at how that Ed guy said Pokemon. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 8:01

I couldn't help but chuckle at him full stop. "Suddenly, hipster!"
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 8:16

The_Jaster wrote:
Oh I couldn't help but chuckle at how that Ed guy said Pokemon.
I think it's nice someone at Nintendo did "bring your son to work" day!

Athrun, you're being a bit negative there - e.g. about Xenoblade; it's out really soon, that's why they didn't spend half an hour talking about it.

Although I do sometimes think Shibsy* spends too much time talking about the wrong things. Sometimes he ends up explaining a gameplay mechanic, over the top of a video which clearly shows what's going on. Like, we get it!
But Starfox is looking pretty neat; actually hearing some of the dialogue suggests it's got that slightly silly NPC stuff that was in Starfox 64. Just as long as you don't "have" to tilt the gamepad for precision aiming. But then (a) it does sort of work in Splatoon, and (b) we managed just fine with one analogue stick originally!

*see what I did there
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 8:22

Aren't they actually using the same dialogue as SF64 or did I dream I read that.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 8:37

Balladeer wrote:
Well thanks for including that image first thing, Athrun.  The last thing I wanted to read after what I, and most others it seems, thought was a pretty good Direct was four paragraphs of misery, so that tells me I can skip your post.

And suddenly I come to several revelations and decide the time is right to move on. I'm done with the hypocrisy and masked insults. It's clear I was never welcome here and people would be much happier in the clique without me, so I'll give you what you want and bugger off.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 9 EmptyFri 13 Nov 2015 - 9:06

Athrun, no-one wants that. At all. You are a long-valued and respected member of the community and if I have ever given you reason to think otherwise, I am truly sorry - and I'm sure others would say the same.

It seemed to me that the theme of the Direct was largely 'looking to 2016', so XCX was unlikely to get that much of a look-in. That's a massive shame, because it is now the company's main holiday season title (I would venture to suggest) and they could, and should, have done more to promote it this time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread
Page 9 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next