We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
mandlecreed
Dead Lemon
Vidofnir
JayMoyles
Admin
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
masofdas
shanks
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2019 - 0:55

Ah, yes, it does have that. Although I've not got that far to figure out if that starts you at a disadvantage in that you won't have the best equipment for tackling the later levels.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2019 - 13:58

Did anyone see that April Fools Direct that was doing the rounds? It was the most hastily made, obviously a joke thing I've ever seen but the new guy at work believed it all the way to the end.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2019 - 18:37

What, the IGN one? The IGN one in which the host struggled to click? The one where he announced Bubsy!? Can you fire the new guy for sheer stupidity?

What's that you say? ...aw son of a b*tch.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptyFri 5 Apr 2019 - 22:40

I've also started playing Crypt of the Necrodancer, in preparation for the Zelda-y one. I don't mind it at all, as it's essentially a different adventure each time. I might get frustrated if I don't get to the next "zone" (this is what got me in Spelunky in the end) but right now it's fun to have a quick blast.

Sorry to go back onto this subject, but: Balla, I don't think SWD is a good example of procedural generation. That is more to fill up the space between the levels; it doesn't really affect anything.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptyFri 5 Apr 2019 - 22:56

Nah it's alright, and maybe that's true. I didn't find the hand-crafted mine in SWD2 a whole lot better. (I swear I've played another PG game, but I can't for the life of me remember what... Eh? ) I still have a theoretical dislike of the principle behind PG games, but that's not the same as disliking it in practice. We really will see.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptySat 6 Apr 2019 - 5:39

Jimbob wrote:
I've also started playing Crypt of the Necrodancer, in preparation for the Zelda-y one. I don't mind it at all, as it's essentially a different adventure each time. I might get frustrated if I don't get to the next "zone" (this is what got me in Spelunky in the end) but right now it's fun to have a quick blast.

I'm toying with the idea of getting CotN but I don't want to bounce off it like I have others in the genre & then not want the Hyrule version plus last time I checked I still have like 15 games on my Switch watch list.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2019 - 22:49

No love for the Indie World (I prefer 'Nindie' Aww! ) Direct? I thought it was good fun! A couple of my personal highlights:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2019 - 23:42

Yeh it was a decent showing but there's still a lot of indie games that were in previous directs that still haven't been released yet which I'm more excited for.

My highlights:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptyTue 20 Aug 2019 - 6:09

I watched whilst in work and didn't see much that interested me till the sizzle reel at the end.

On Ori, I'm being tad genuine especially as I only played it back in July and one of the best games I've played this year in general.

That if it was the Switch verison and we we're doing forum vote with the same rules as last year, then I would put it just behind Fire Emblem Three Houses and possibly make a overall Top 10 Switch games for me.

If it has achievements (Cuphead was meant to get them) then I may even double dip on it, meaning the above would become true.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptyTue 20 Aug 2019 - 19:19

Cuphead does have an achievement system on Switch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptyTue 20 Aug 2019 - 19:24

When was that implemented? As not seen anything on any achievement sites about it and last plan was it was coming with expansion and physical verison.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptyTue 20 Aug 2019 - 19:29

Now, I didn't get the game on day one (IIRC) but I'm sure it was there from the start as I don't remember waiting for any Cuphead updates on my Switch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptyTue 20 Aug 2019 - 19:35

How odd as that part from physical, was one of the reasons that I didn't pick up as I was waiting for the achievements to come to it as part of the expansion/physical.

What's your GT Jas?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptyTue 20 Aug 2019 - 20:41

Oh you're talking about xbox live integration, aren't you? Yeah I don't think that's there yet but the game does already have an in built achievement system where you get medals for doing certain things.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptyTue 20 Aug 2019 - 20:50

Yeah I am and why I'd double dip on Switch for Ori as it's a quality game which I would replay for the achievements.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptyTue 20 Aug 2019 - 21:19

I was trying to come up with my own thoughts, but ended up commenting on the same games as Balla, more-or-less.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptyTue 20 Aug 2019 - 22:04

Eartnight looked interesting at first glance but - guess what! - it's PG. So I thought a bit harder and realised that it looks a lot like Cloudberry Kingdom with dragons.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptyThu 22 Aug 2019 - 22:52

Some of those trailers looked a wee bit ropey to me - Skater XL seemed to stutter a fair bit. Was that just my stream or was it genuinely a bit framey? I don't need another under-performing skateboarding game after THPS5. Laughing

Of course, the highlight was Ori. Chuffed that I'll get to play this as it was one of only a few Xbox exclusives that I wanted to play.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptyThu 22 Aug 2019 - 23:04

I watched the Skater XL trailer again and it seemed fine to me, admittedly it does look a little empty but it's not out until next year so there's room for that to improve.

EDIT: also this game has Gintendo article written all over it. Laughing

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptyThu 22 Aug 2019 - 23:20

"You can not only pet the dog, you are obligated to." Brilliant. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2019 - 11:26

I'm guessing that's from the people behind Dream Daddy? That's a... unique sense of humour, to be sure.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2019 - 11:36

Just looked it up and it isn't, but I can see why you thought that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2019 - 11:37

Huh. Quite apart from being a dating sim, the art style looks almost identical!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2019 - 11:48

What a treat that and The Last of Us 2 on Valentines Day (those rumors have now died down though).

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 23 Aug 2019 - 21:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 EmptyFri 23 Aug 2019 - 21:04

Balladeer wrote:
Huh.  Quite apart from being a dating sim, the art style looks almost identical!

I thought the same, to be fair!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 33 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread
Page 33 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36 ... 40  Next