We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines

Go down 
+14
Buskalilly
Zaphod_B
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
MatthewNG
Athrun888
masofdas
The_Jaster
Jimbob
ZeroJones
Silver light
Balladeer
Axis1500
fronkhead
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 3 EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 19:37

Drunkalilly wrote:
The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 3 BzVns8wCEAA84lq

CONFIRMED! Drunka has an extra pair of hands Winky Face

---

Though I stopped buying ONM a long long time ago it just isn't right that we no longer have a dedicated Nintendo magazine in the UK.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 3 EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 21:21

Quote :

Though I stopped buying ONM a long long time ago it just isn't right that we no longer have a dedicated Nintendo magazine in the UK.

Well I think you answer your own question there... Balladeer
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 3 EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 21:26

Drunkalilly wrote:
Quote :

Well I think you answer your own question there... Balladeer

Is there a way of "Yeah!"-ing this post? If so, Yeah.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 3 EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 21:28

We used to have a "thanks" button, I dunno what happened to that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 3 EmptyTue 7 Oct 2014 - 22:50

Only Fronkhead can thanks it.  It's his thread, after all.

But, yeah.  Yeah!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 3 EmptyWed 8 Oct 2014 - 2:40

Erm........that wasn't a question though just a statement.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 3 EmptyWed 8 Oct 2014 - 6:54

We were a bit better prepared for this one, but it's still sad to see it confirmed. Good luck to Matthew in his new role. My understanding is that subscribers will be asked to switch to Gamesmaster - that means cancellation for me. No offence to the sterling work done by GM journalists, of course.

A few days ago I bought a digital copy of Nintendo Force, because having a magazine of some kind is a big part of gaming for me (despite what I said above!). My findings will be shared soon when I have time to read the ruddy thing. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 3 EmptyWed 8 Oct 2014 - 9:27

Unsubscription for me too. At least two thirds of the magazine will be about consoles that don't matter to me.

Drunkalilly wrote:
I said this elsewhere, but on the subject of ONMers I don't think we should invite the whole lot of them over, but if a few of the non-dickheads found us it wouldn't be the worst thing. That is, if and when the forum does close.

Maybe Balla could send individual invites, like when he told me about this place?

Whoops, forgot to answer this. Drunka, you're probably better placed on ONM to advertise this - I haven't been over there for ages. I only know one person I'd invite over. And of course their forum is unlikely to go down for a bit.

What's happened to Mandlecreed, actually? He's a bigwig over there.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 3 EmptyWed 8 Oct 2014 - 14:03

The_Jaster wrote:
Erm........that wasn't a question though just a statement.
I was just taking the Michael; nobody buying it is why they've stopped printing it.

I haven't really been on ONM since coming here apart from when I wanted to do mag interaction stuff.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 3 EmptyWed 8 Oct 2014 - 14:50

Mandle is about on twitter.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 3 EmptyWed 8 Oct 2014 - 20:53

We actually missed the biggest clue ONM was closing:
This post on their Facebook.

Quote :

9 September

This month will mark the last ever time we run our Ask ONM Anything section - so, make your questions suitably sad/furious/apocalyptic. Go!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 3 EmptyWed 8 Oct 2014 - 20:58

No, I saw that and I think that was the point I became 100% sure the mag was closing. I even sent in some questions especially.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 3 EmptyFri 10 Oct 2014 - 20:17

Just got the last issue. A lot of really nice features in it, especially the back page.

Telephoned Future to cancel my subscription. I've had a Future magazine arriving monthly for most of my gaming life. Feels weird for that not to happen now.
Back to top Go down
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 3 EmptyFri 10 Oct 2014 - 20:26

I've just heard the news about this; bad times indeed. It's a shame that there won't be any Nintendo magazines any more on the shop shelves. Whilst I've only bought one issue of ONM with Matthew at the helm (I used to read the original EMAP version when I was a tiny lad), it's a shame to see people being shuffled around job wise.

Oh, and I just had a listen to the podcast. Excellent stuff, Matthew. It's also great to see that Dark Mark is having involvement in Nintendo related things again.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 3 EmptyWed 15 Oct 2014 - 12:04

So, got the final ONM today. Nostalgic and sad, but brilliantly full of positivity. It's going to feel weird not buying a Nintendo mag next month.

Oh, and I get a little shout out near the back which was nice Balladeer
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 3 EmptyWed 15 Oct 2014 - 22:48

Bought the final issue today, took the time to read it tonight and suggest everyone picks it up pronto. It's nice that ONM was afforded a proper goodbye - they've made the most of it and I commend the effort. Really good stuff.

I said this when NGamer closed and I'll say it again as it's still relevant: why couldn't it have been Edge instead?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Oct 2014 - 7:35

Got it myself, too. Nice piece - obviously they knew the end was coming for longer than NGamer did, and had time to do a proper job. Oh, and check the last paragraph of 105 to see where certain people's loyalties really lie.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Oct 2014 - 8:24

The whole mags full of lines like that. Even the Meet The Team implies everyone's dead.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Oct 2014 - 9:26

It was the reference to Super Play, NGC, and NGamer that I was getting at. Warmed my heart to see that, it did.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Oct 2014 - 12:23

Oh yeah, I know, but the whole thing was anti corporate overlords.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Oct 2014 - 12:59

Similar to what Nintendo Gamer did. The last issues are often the best.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 3 EmptyThu 16 Oct 2014 - 17:22

I bought the last issues, kinda sad we will never see them review those games coming properly and now I will be getting a OPM instead for Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 3 EmptyTue 28 Oct 2014 - 20:04

The final ONM podcast is up and its really worth a listen. There's a lot of NGamer love in it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 3 EmptyTue 28 Oct 2014 - 20:05

Kate and Joe appeared on the Not a Game Podcast and mentioned there would be one more ONM one. Can't wait to pour it in my ear holes.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 3 EmptyTue 28 Oct 2014 - 20:14

A really nice last episode and a shame that we likely won't hear from the gang like that again. As much as I enjoy The Rotating Platform it lacks the banter that I love from the ONM podcast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines   The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The end of ONM - and an era of Nintendo Magazines
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next