We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Go down 
+3
Balladeer
Admin
ZeroJones
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Paper Mario: Sticker Star Empty
PostSubject: Paper Mario: Sticker Star   Paper Mario: Sticker Star EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 20:18

OK, it's time to get talk of PM:SS into the GNamer fold.

GameFAQs and I are not really enjoying our time with the game, to be honest. I've really tried to enjoy the battle system and, whilst the Thing stickers are amusing, it's not enough for me. Aww!

Where are y'all of y'all at with Paper Mario: Sticker Star?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: Sticker Star   Paper Mario: Sticker Star EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 21:29

I'm feeling pretty ambivalent about this game. I alternately love it and.. not loathe it... but I get the feeling sometimes that something somewhere isn't quite right with it.

When was the first time you had to resort to GameFAQs, by the way? I made it all the way to 3-6 before I realised I'd missed something somewhere, and Kersti wasn't being any help at all.

I'm still not quite done with world three, but then I haven't had a single opportunity to play it since last weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: Sticker Star   Paper Mario: Sticker Star EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 21:35

Er... opening up the second world. Embarrassed I really should be poking around more.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: Sticker Star   Paper Mario: Sticker Star EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 21:44

I didn't have any bother 'til it started getting a bit vague in world three. You will also be delighted to learn that without finding a hidden item in said world, it's (I believe) impossible to progress beyond a boss battle separating the third and fourth worlds.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: Sticker Star   Paper Mario: Sticker Star EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 21:47

How the heck are you meant to know which item you need for the boss battle in world 3? Really.

I think I first Gamefaq'ed at the end of world 1, embarrassingly. Tried using all my thing stickers on the boss, not realising I needed them for when he was... like that. You know.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: Sticker Star   Paper Mario: Sticker Star EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 21:54

Balladeer wrote:
How the heck are you meant to know which item you need for the boss battle in world 3? Really.

Oh, I've got that to look forward to, have I?

Well, I don't feel quite so bad now. I thought I was being my usual impatient self having to cave in and check GameFAQs.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: Sticker Star   Paper Mario: Sticker Star EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 21:58

Yes, his presence really isn't worth it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: Sticker Star   Paper Mario: Sticker Star EmptySun 20 Jan 2013 - 22:00

And when I first encountered him, I ran around said level for ages expecting him to be hidden/activate a story-progressing cutscene or something.

:/
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: Sticker Star   Paper Mario: Sticker Star EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 1:27

As much as I enjoyed the first few worlds I haven't touched this in a good few weeks, still not overly fussed about playing anything on 3ds really.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: Sticker Star   Paper Mario: Sticker Star EmptyMon 21 Jan 2013 - 1:57

I had my first bit of trouble in world 3
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: Sticker Star   Paper Mario: Sticker Star EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 0:29

I have completed Sticker Star, I actually guessed the item correctly on the world 3 boss. However certain points in world 3 got me stuck. I found it hilarious at times but the lack of 'partner' characters made it feel like an isolated experience at others which is unusual for the series. The sticker idea is one I like, however it made normal enemies fold easily under little pressure. I got to the final chapter relatively upbeat about the game, yet the final boss was tedious and I have little intention of going back.

The thousand year door however is one of my all time favourite games!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: Sticker Star   Paper Mario: Sticker Star EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 7:22

Hooray for TTYD. Also:

Vidofnir wrote:
The sticker idea is one I like, however it made normal enemies fold easily under little pressure.

Ha!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: Sticker Star   Paper Mario: Sticker Star EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 18:53

There is a sprinkling of good ideas in Sticker Star, in my opinion. For example, I like the status afflictions you can hand out to enemies (crumpled, soggy) and receive yourself (clipped last night, I was). It just doesn't feel like a Paper Mario game. Aww! Eventually I will stop harping on about it, promise! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: Sticker Star   Paper Mario: Sticker Star EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 23:12

I've reached my second dead end. I will whinge about it for a good day or two before I finally get annoyed and log into GameFAQs (if I don't solve the situation by blind luck)...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: Sticker Star   Paper Mario: Sticker Star EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 7:51

There there Stu. Tell us all about it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: Sticker Star   Paper Mario: Sticker Star EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 19:46

Managed to find the solution by seeking the vaguest of hints. If Kersti offered this service, I'd be a much happier gamer.

I've now reached what I believe to be the boss stage of world three.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: Sticker Star   Paper Mario: Sticker Star EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 22:53

And here I was all ready to use this Hissy fit

Tongue javascript:emoticonp('Tongue')
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: Sticker Star   Paper Mario: Sticker Star EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 10:12

ive still not bought this and this one of the rasons i bought a another 3DS for
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: Sticker Star   Paper Mario: Sticker Star EmptyWed 30 Jan 2013 - 19:33

Favourite part of the game by far: the music that plays when you defeat the boss at the end of a world. It took me back, in a lovely, tingly way.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: Sticker Star   Paper Mario: Sticker Star EmptyWed 30 Jan 2013 - 22:47

This game has been temporarily shelved in favour of a game that's much more fun.

Meh
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: Sticker Star   Paper Mario: Sticker Star EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013 - 1:03

Like?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: Sticker Star   Paper Mario: Sticker Star EmptyThu 31 Jan 2013 - 23:34

Why, Rayman Origins, o' course!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: Sticker Star   Paper Mario: Sticker Star EmptyFri 1 Feb 2013 - 3:59

Ah of course, I still haven't played that Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: Sticker Star   Paper Mario: Sticker Star EmptySat 2 Feb 2013 - 11:50

bought this yesterday, enjoying it so far only done up to W1-3 i think
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: Sticker Star   Paper Mario: Sticker Star EmptyWed 6 Feb 2013 - 22:46

Gearing up for the final assault on this by repeating earlier levels! Hopefully a good few hours sunk into it at the weekend will make all the difference. Over time I have mellowed towards the experience, although not enough to disagree violently with the GameFAQs Average User Rating of 6.6. Meh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: Sticker Star   Paper Mario: Sticker Star Empty

Back to top Go down

Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next