We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Multiple Multiplatform Matters

Go down 
+9
OrangeRakoon
Muss
gjones
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 7 EmptySun 21 Jun 2020 - 23:22

Buskalilly wrote:
I was scrolling the eShop and saw Silent Hill, got a bit excited before I realised what was up . . .

I'm really hoping the rumors of Sony funding one is true, as otherwise it's this dross coming out.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 7 EmptyMon 17 Aug 2020 - 23:14

A few things mainly on Xbox

I bought Rocket Arena when it came out, so I look very silly now that after a few weeks it's in the EA Access Vault & is about £5 to buy but least I got £30 of in game credit which bought a season pass with yay. It's actually a fun game but should have been f2p from the start and just copied the Fortnite modal.

Hyper Scape, played a few matches and I would just sooner play APEX which I've not played for ages or plan too really.

The Alto Collection, Blessing brought this up on Kinda Funny and it's a relaxing endless runner due to the simple nature and art-style.  Can see why it was on phones very pick up and play for 5mins then on to something else but still good.

Gems of War, really got into this as I do like a card game which this sort of is but combat is done with match three puzzle game. On card games anyone played Faeria?

Final Fantasy VII, just come to Game Pass this classic which I may continue on playing as after the remake I am keen to go back.

The Touryst, also just come to Xbox via Game Pass and seems fun but I remember wasn't this a big deal on Switch but not seen anyone talk about it on here. This could be a 8K game as well on Series X when the smart delivery update comes or the more likely run at 8K but output at 4K.

Team Sonic Racing, very fun so far and just fancied a kart racer.

EA SPORTS UFC 4, this is what I've been playing the most and why I didn't play much Yoku's Island Express as I was planning to before it left Game Pass. Due to having EA Access, I can play UFC 4 for 10hrs and thought why not, well I've now got 4hrs left of my 10hrs as the game is wonderful with it being the nearest to a new Fight Night. I'm just hoping I can become the GOAT (the goal of the career mode) before my 10hrs is up as I'm not going to buy it now with so little for me left to do.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 7 EmptyMon 24 Aug 2020 - 14:01

Mas, you're like the videogame hoover just absorbing all and every game up in your path. I tip my hat to you, sir.

I myself, am in a bit of a pickle. I've just got a new 4K TV and it's to primarily watch my stupidly large collection of DVDs. You see, I'm on a quest to collect (and watch) every Best Picture nominee, from 1928 through to whenever they stop putting out DVDs. However, when I went to plug my DVD player in I found that there is no SCART on the new TV. "It's 2020, what did you expect?" I hear you cry.

I have a laptop and an Xbox 360, but the former is used for work most days and the latter is an original 2005 model so I fear it's about to RROD on me any time I put a game disc in the tray. So it's time to get a new device to continue on this quest. A new DVD player with a HDMI is about 40-50 quid, so I may as well get a Blu-ray player for a bit more. But for 60-70 quid, I could probably get a PS3 and open up to that library of games. But I have an Xbox 360 with a bunch of games, most of them cross-platform so not sure there's much on the PS3 to interest me. Also, it would be a 10-year old Blu-ray player at that.

I have a Switch Lite, but it's my daughter's Xmas present that I've put a few games on (and subsequently played), so come December I won't have a current-gen system. Therefore I'm at a crossroads. The Switch Lite I can't play for much longer than 30 minutes as I get pins and needles in my hand - I'd need to get a proper Switch to continue delving into Nintendo's offerings. But at £280, I'd still need to pick up a cheap DVD player on top of that. Do I hope for a PS4 deal once the PS5 has launched? It's £250 with Ghost of Tsushima at the moment, but might drop at any time. Do I get an Xbox One - the one system I've not had this gen (as it can play the 360 games if that conks out)? Aaaaarrrrghhh. I don't know what to do.

What would you guys do if A, money was no option, and B, you only had to get one? The PS5/Series X proposed price-points (500+) is beyond my budget.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 7 EmptyMon 24 Aug 2020 - 14:35

We've had the chat about SD content before and personally unless it's something like a retro console where I know it's not going to look good on a 4KTV and I can get past it because nostalgia or what not, that I've got no problems with but an up to date film if it's in SD on a 4KTV then I find it to looks horrid.

That I would look towards Blu-ray at least, maybe even a 4K UHD player which brings me to the Xbox One S which is £250 (£260 with 3 months Game Pass Ultimate + Forza) NEW with Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition at the moment but I'd guess it will go down in price when the Series X and S (The S might be an option but unsure if it will have a disc drive or not because still just rumours about the S) launch, the One X may even go down in price (has been discontinued though that finding one might be an issue) which would give you 4K gaming (You do have a 4KTV).  

Why an Xbox One S/X because it can play CD's (PS4 can't strangely), DVD's, HD DVD's with the HD DVD add-on from the 360 (I've not tried but I believe it works), Blu-ray's, 4K UHD's, 41 OG Xbox Games, 577 Xbox 360 games then of course Xbox One games which will include new first party games for at least a year maybe longer.

Sure you will miss the blockbuster PlayStation exclusives but if you've not had an Xbox One you still got good games especially for an old Nintendo fan with Battletoads, RARE Replay and Killer Instinct also I don't know how long you had a PS4 beforehand but did you miss likes of Red Dead Redemption 2 or Jedi Fallen Order etc which are on Xbox One.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 7 EmptyMon 24 Aug 2020 - 14:54

I'm sticking with DVD because 95% of the films weren't filmed in HD in the first place and a third are probably in black and white. Quite a lot of them don't even have a Blu-ray release. I'm not too fussed about the fidelity of an old film, but for the new releases I'm tempted by the Blu-ray alternative. Stuff like Dark Knight or Black Panther, where there's lots of effects.

I had a PS4 before, but yeah, RDR2 wasn't really of interest to me. I had one when God of War came out but I was burnt out on open-world games and ended up just playing PES, Steamworld Dig and The Division. It's the Yakuza games I'd like to play, but it looks like they are gradually being brought over to Xbox. I'll keep my eye out for an Xbox One S/X as that seems to cater to all my multimedia needs, old Xbox urges and the 4K UHD option is there too if I ever go down that road. Thanks Mas!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 7 EmptyMon 24 Aug 2020 - 15:07

Yeah the Xbox One currently has three Yakuza games on it which all are on Game Pass. Then Yakuza Like a Dragon is coming this year to Xbox, and shows Japanese support is getting better on the platform as a whole.

God of War was 2018 that basically if been a 3rd party game out in the past two years then, you'll likely find it on Xbox One.

I do think the PS4 is better console still though because of the library but as a overall package of value like if you bought that £260 Xbox One S bundle you'd have 3 months Game Pass Ultimate which would get access to 200+ games right away along with the other multimedia options.

Also a lot of the backwards compatible games are improved at least on the One X (unsure on One S) like Final Fantasy XIII looks like a remaster which Square could have put out for £30.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 7 EmptyMon 24 Aug 2020 - 15:47

I'd echo the One X, I reckon that'll be able to keep up with the new output for a couple of years and will be a fair bit cheaper than firing into a new gen. Not sure the S will have the same length.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 7 EmptyMon 24 Aug 2020 - 15:52

Well One S and One X in same family so will get the same games, just at some point depending on how long MS does cross gen, we could see games on the One S at 720p 30fps or something. No idea how long 3rd parties will stick around on current gen though.

The other issue with the One X is that it's been discontinued and the Series S likely will be cheaper than a One X that if the Series S has a disc drive, then that could be the better buy sure it be the 1080p (Maybe 1440p) console but you'd be able to play next gen games like Resident Evil Village and Suicide Squad etc on it.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 7 EmptySun 30 Aug 2020 - 20:13

I ended up disregarding all advice and nabbed a PS4 with Ghost of Tsushima for £225. If I didn't like Ghost I could get 40 quid for it, bringing the PS4 down to £185. But I played Ghost and it's blown me away so far. I know it has nothing to do with Shenmue, but it gave me that "wow factor" that Shenners did twenty years ago. The insane level of detail, the look at Japanese tradition and culture, the young lad out to avenge his father's death... the combat feels pretty weak though. It's just Assassin's Creed levels of "counter, stab stab stab" repeated, but if they have a spear you press a different counter button. I'll see how it goes, but I like it thus far. I know Mas you had it up there as a GOTY contender which is promising.

I also got Yakuza 0, Uncharted 4 and Soul Calibur 6.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 7 EmptySun 30 Aug 2020 - 20:23

Ghost is certainly a great game and one of the best I've played this year but it's not one of the best on PlayStation, which just goes how strong the exclusive (so can count likes of Persona 5 in that) is on PlayStation.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 7 EmptyFri 5 Mar 2021 - 17:02

Been playing Rayman Origins on the Vita. It looks and plays gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 7 EmptyFri 5 Mar 2021 - 21:38

Origins and Legends are two of the best platformers money can buy and I'll take that to the grave, you're gonna have a great time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 7 EmptySun 3 Oct 2021 - 15:39

I played the second demo of Stranger of Paradise. I can certainly see the Souls stuff in the game in regard to the combat and some other things, just the second area in SoP seemed really rough still and sure I know SoP is 5 months away & will be more polished.

Just at the moment, I think I'd give this a pass at launch unless nothing else to play in March which I know already Triangle, GT7 etc
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Multiple Multiplatform Matters   Multiple Multiplatform Matters - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Multiple Multiplatform Matters
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7