We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~

Go down 
+15
oldschool
Admin
Treesmurf
shanks
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
masofdas
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Athrun888
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 16 EmptySat 14 Nov 2015 - 12:54

I did think it may be one of those things as I know Andy said about Unity that he didn't have any issues yet the net seemed to make out it was a unplayable game.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 16 EmptySat 14 Nov 2015 - 13:20

Yeah Unity didn't have anything gameplay, just the odd graphical glitch and slowdown. Definitely didn't deserve to be marked down as much as it did. I think the biggest problem is that the series is a pretty consistant 80-90 and reviewers felt the need to mark it down for that. Can't go anywhere else with it.

Fallout 4 on the other hand ran perfectly for me. 1 crash in my whole playthrough and only 1 noticeable moment of slowdown in a massive battle with 2 vertibirds flying around (1 of which was also exploding). The Witcher 3 had much worse and more frequent issues but that wasn't mentioned.

Reviewing games based on bugs is kinda hard, everyone experiences such different things, they can only comment on what they've seen.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 16 EmptySat 14 Nov 2015 - 13:26

But is a crash even one acceptable though in a game.

If Rise of the Tomb Raider crashed on you half way through would that change your opinion on that game for instance.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 16 EmptySat 14 Nov 2015 - 13:31

masofdas wrote:
So why does something like Fallout 4 more tolerated then Assassins Creed Unity?

Simple answer? It's not Ubisoft that make Fallout 4. They always seem to get it in the neck (rightly so sometimes) just because it is popular to dislike them.

masofdas wrote:
But is a crash even one acceptable though in a game.

If Rise of the Tomb Raider crashed on you half way through would that change your opinion on that game for instance.  

If it kept happening at the same moment it'd be very frustrating but if I was enjoying the game up until then I'd probably power through it until it didn't crash.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 16 EmptySat 14 Nov 2015 - 13:35

I was going to use you as an example Jas as didn't Bioshock one of the best games ever crash on you and wiped your save or something and you never went back to it.

Yeah on the Ubisoft thing yeah I dislike them myslef but the talk I've heard isn't about bugs in the games but reviewers being biased towards Fallout 4 because it's Fallout 4 but then the two people that have played it on this forum seem had to no real issues that the biased stuff maybe be a load of bullocks.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 16 EmptySat 14 Nov 2015 - 13:42

Nah, it was my ps3 that broke which lead to me losing a bunch of save data (not just Bioshock) & I didn't go back to it because I dislike starting most games from scratch.

(Whenever there is a drought of not much to play I'll probably go back to it)
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 16 EmptySat 14 Nov 2015 - 13:52

If I didn't excuse a crash ever I'd only finish half of the games I do. Games crash, tech isn't perfect. There's never a guarantee that it is caused by the game anyway. I'm sure a lot of my PS3 crashes were caused by the console.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 16 EmptySat 14 Nov 2015 - 13:58

I don't think I've had a game crash on me, I've had issues in games mainly around multiplayer but not single player it just seems weird it's an acceptable thing that happens in some games.

Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 16 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015 - 14:18

Simple answer, Fallout is so huge you can understand why it might not run smoothly sometimes, how many games will remember exactly where you left a random item after 50 hours of gameplay, blow someone's head off in the first mission and you can return during the endgame and still find their left ear exactly where it was. It's the same with the likes of GTA, there is so much to it so you're gonna expect to get flung in the air randomly every 20 hours or so.

That being said ive not had many issues with it myself so far, just a wonky frame rate but that's a small price to pay. I feel Ubisoft would get more leeway if they didn't release a new game each year, which when you think about is a little silly because they've definitely got less of a turnaround to fix bugs than Bethesda have but that's the risk you take when you do yearly updates.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 16 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015 - 14:35

Bethesda jankiness is part of the appeal

I've had FO4 crash out on me about 6 times now, but I save often enough. Most of it has been when using the settlement editor so it's more understandable, but really it doesn't make it unplayable and boots up in 20 seconds so who cares.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 16 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015 - 14:48

And sometimes bugs make the game better (shameless plug).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E8rIfJtDS5A
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 16 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015 - 15:35

Laughing

Janky as all hell
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 16 EmptyMon 16 Nov 2015 - 22:32

Treesmurf wrote:
Simple answer, Fallout is so huge you can understand why it might not run smoothly sometimes, how many games will remember exactly where you left a random item after 50 hours of gameplay, blow someone's head off in the first mission and you can return during the endgame and still find their left ear exactly where it was. It's the same with the likes of GTA, there is so much to it so you're gonna expect to get flung in the air randomly every 20 hours or so.

That being said ive not had many issues with it myself so far, just a wonky frame rate but that's a small price to pay. I feel Ubisoft would get more leeway if they didn't release a new game each year, which when you think about is a little silly because they've definitely got less of a turnaround to fix bugs than Bethesda have but that's the risk you take when you do yearly updates.

There is more and one team working on AC but I don't know how many unlike COD we know there is 3 teams and they've got 3 years each to make a game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 16 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2015 - 11:17

This is quite a cute thing.  Nintendo vs. Sega in a Movember moustache-off.  The Sonic official account continues to be great fun.

In other news, apparently there's a car called the "Seat Mii"? Are Nintendo okay with this?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 16 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2015 - 12:18

I thought that about the SEAT Mii when it came out like 4 year's ago now.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 16 EmptyFri 20 Nov 2015 - 17:20

masofdas wrote:
Treesmurf wrote:

There is more and one team working on AC but I don't know how many unlike COD we know there is 3 teams and they've got 3 years each to make a game.
In that case they've no excuse, Ubisoft sux, Bethesda FTW! Razz
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 16 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2015 - 17:07

We've talked about review scores before and I know Balla is fan of them & some nice person on the Internet has worked out the big 3's avg on Meta but was mainly focused on Nintendo with this info

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 16 Metacr10

Which shows Nintendo has had it's worst year in at least the last 10, but it could of course change with Xenoblade Chronicles X coming out to boost it a bit but even if it got a meta of 100, the big N's still only be 70.9.

Sony had a avg of 76.6, Microsoft 80 but Nintendo had more games then both of them combined but MS had the fewest games that does quality over quantity & only really having one system to worry about a benefit in MS's case.  

I've said before this to me has been a disappointing year for games, you can tell me why I am wrong and you could go Bloodborne, Witcher 3, Fallout 4, MGSV and Star War Battlefront came out this year which they all could be great bit you need have played them all, which I haven't and neither has someone from a Nintendo only view which sorry to bring up Balla again, he said in the year thread that he has been disappointed this year & these numbers from Metacritic backs him up.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 16 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2015 - 17:27

mas wrote:
you can tell me why I am wrong and you could go Bloodborne, Witcher 3, Fallout 4, MGSV and Star War Battlefront came out this year which they all could be great bit you need have played them all

So you are saying you have to have played them all before you can say it has been a great year for games? If so as you know from previous discussions on it I can only disagree, I may have only played Bloodborne & MGSV out of the games you mentioned there but giving how much folk have raved about Witcher 3 & Fallout 4 (2 games I don't normally go for) I can tell they are great games.

Plus there many other games I've had great fun with and for me that's what it comes down to & I've certainly had more fun with this years games than last years.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 16 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2015 - 17:35

Yes and No, I'm saying personally from what I played its not been that great of a year, yes MGSV may be absolutely amazing but my other 4 for when we do the GOTY podcast, so no spoilers are great but just that. MGSV on its own maybe makes 2015 better than 2014 but it's close.

On general this year, the games I brought up some like Bloodborne & Witcher 3 are more than likely great the other two not so are about.

But a great year compared to others in gaming and what 2016 looks like, I doubt it will be remembered. I think 2007 is one of the best because SMG came out yet, I can't play the dam game.

But I really wanted to talk about Nintendo's overall lack of quality which, I brought up previous history on the forum to add to it.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 16 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2015 - 17:45

I can't disagree that it's a weak one in terms of Nintendo (though Splatoon, MH4U, Steam, (and hopefullyXeno & M&L) are all top stuff), but it has been a fantastic year for other platforms and one I'll remember for sure. Off the top of my head you've missed games like Tomb Raider, Halo, CoD, Creed (it's definitely one of the best as far as I'm concerned), Gears Remastered, Until Dawn, Dying Light, Battlefield Hardline, the return of GH & Rock Band. That's only on the AAA(ish) front too!

That's a list of games that I haven't even played all of, but that's a damn strong list.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 16 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2015 - 17:53

Nintendo didn't publish MH4U.

Yeah there great games, well most of them. I just put the big sort of 5 games not everything to come out Razz

But are any going to be classics, Halo 5 for instance is one of the worst Halo's and seems to be forgotten already.

This is all opinion and 2015, I won't remember that fondly and can't wait in till 2016 which looks like it's going to be a excellent year.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 16 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2015 - 19:06

If you're Nintendo only then I can understand the notion that 2015 was a poor year, but if you have access to multiple platforms then I don't know what you are chatting about.

Here's a list of games I've played that I think have been excellent. Witcher 3, Life is Strange, Her Story, Undertale, MGS V:PP, Splatoon, Ori and the Blind Forest, Game of Thrones, Pillars of Eternity, Divinity Original Sin: Enhanced Edition, Darkest Dungeon (early access), Cities: Skylines, Warhammer End Times: Vermintide

Here is a list of games I still can't wait to play because I've heard such good things: Rocket League, Fallout 4, Bloodborne, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Sunless Sea, The Curious Expedition (early Access).

I have probably omitted a few games from both lists as well mind, and on top of that...

Xenoblade is still yet to come!

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 16 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2015 - 19:17

Like I said it's just my opinion and 2015 has been a B+ at most to me but I know likes of Stu has gone of modern gaming, maybe I'm starting to think the same. I'm not saying I'm only going to go play retro but I just don't really get as excited as I used to well not for anything this year part from MGSV.

Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 16 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2015 - 19:41

It's fine if you didn't really like 2015, like I said I cannot understand that notion in any way shape or form but whatever.

When you talk about excitement though, I don't really get hyped for games anymore either. It used to be that I would go to sleep thinking about nothing but games. That doesn't happen anymore, but my lack of excitement hasn't diminished the extent to which I enjoy good games, even if I am now more critical of them in general and less willing to overlook sloppy design. So when I say, can't wait to play, what I mean is, I'm sure these games are going to be really good and I would like to give them a crack.

I'm sure you're not, but just from your last post it sounded like you were using a lack of hype, hype, hype as a justification for 2015 being poor, which I would take issue with because that says less about the quality of the games and more about the effect of marketing on you and your own expectations.

Also, a B+ is a damn fine grade, wouldn't be disappointed with it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 16 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2015 - 19:46

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 16 Gesture-nose-bridge-pinch

Right, bare with me while I read through this. Needless to say, I will have some words.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next