We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~

Go down 
+15
oldschool
Admin
Treesmurf
shanks
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
masofdas
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Athrun888
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Spiralcannon2-CW
Grackler Bait
Spiralcannon2-CW

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 24 EmptySat 14 May 2016 - 22:25

@Balladeer And they had to use Dat Boi. The worst meme ever, it's just a bad rip off of Pepe (one of the better memes to come out of the past few years).

A company shouldn't resort to stuff like this Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.101gamers.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 24 EmptySun 15 May 2016 - 17:51

Balladeer wrote:
NoA just memed, and the Internet is very unhappy about it.

Howled laughing when I saw this - not because of the joke itself, but because Nintendo have become filthy memers. Mind you, Sonic the Hedgehog's Twitter account has been pretty damn successful, so perhaps NoA want to tap into that market.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 24 EmptySun 15 May 2016 - 19:25

It's a terrible terrible meme, utterly unfunny in its own right - it's the reaction that got me giggling.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 24 EmptyWed 25 May 2016 - 9:18

So presumably y'all have seen the *UNSUBSTANTIATED RUMOUR* that Nintendo's next handheld is in the works. Which would, if true, put the kibosh on at least a "pure" hybrid... surely?

Thoughts? I'm a big supporter of the two-pillar strategy, as y'all know, and Nintendo's handhelds have been so successful (even in the face of mobile competition) that I wouldn't be surprised to see them continue alongside whatever the NX is.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 24 EmptyWed 25 May 2016 - 9:23

I don't know why this is still going around as from what I read it was a bad translation and only a theory.

But let's say it is true, it could give weight to the whole shared OS with a console and handheld playing the same games but as two separate thing's that your not forced to have a hybrid.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 24 EmptyWed 25 May 2016 - 10:40

It is certainly time for Nintendo to start thinking about a new handheld, although depending on how they decide to work with the New 3DS, it might not be soon. Mas's shared OS point is a very good one. We need far more cross-platform games in the Nintendo library.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 24 EmptyWed 1 Jun 2016 - 21:42

Nintendo should unashamedly rip off Rocket League and include a similar car/football mode in the next Mario Kart. Rocket League is a better idea than anybody's had on Wii U.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 24 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2016 - 8:55

Any type of game genre can be made better by throwing cars in there, it's a well known fact.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 24 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2016 - 8:58

Rockart League, perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 24 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2016 - 9:07

Drawing on a massive canvas by driving your car around? Applause Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 24 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2016 - 12:39

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Nintendo should unashamedly rip off Rocket League and include a similar car/football mode in the next Mario Kart. Rocket League is a better idea than anybody's had on Wii U.

Since they have clearly ran out of ideas for a decent battle mode this should be its replacement.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 24 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2016 - 14:29

Treesmurf wrote:
Drawing on a massive canvas by driving your car around? Applause Applause Applause

Splatkart?
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 24 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 15:33

"Yer man" Scullion just tweeted up, in image form, his ONM review of SMG2.  

It's mince.  So sterile and dull, including the picture captions.  Like a review from any unremarkable games news site today.  And I know that's not Chris' natural writing style because he doesn't write at all like that on TOH.  

I'll say no more because I've no desire to desecrate a corpse, the corpse in this instance being ONM and the style it obviously "encouraged" its reviewers to follow at the time.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 24 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 16:53

ONM had moments of humour, but it was incredibly dry compared to GNamer. It did start to move the other way after Matthew took over. He's just had a big refresh of OXM, and that's starting to feel much more GNamery. They now have a monthly section where they discuss the barrels in games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 24 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 17:09

You know we aren't a magazine, right? Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 24 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 17:16

Laughing I didn't even notice his mistake there. Superb!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 24 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 17:33

Ha! GNamer has truly usurped NGamer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 24 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 19:54

Dude, I've been printing this all out. Is that not right?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 24 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 20:22

I miss the proper days of ONM, where they'd suggest you "sell yer granny" to buy every second game, or, better yet, suggest that you get a mate to buy a copy of their own, so you could borrow it off them and not have to pay £60 to play it. Tremendous. Thumbs Up!

Then there was the proper baw-bootins' that they gave: "this game is terrible - avoid at all costs! 83%"
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 24 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2016 - 8:41

On the one hand, this is clear and dreadful copyright infringement.

On the other... please, Nintendo?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 24 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2016 - 8:57

It looks a bit like the Nintendo RPG that only exists in my head and is coming to iOS and Android on the 33rd of Octobuary. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 24 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2016 - 16:22

I couldn't watch the video because Nintendo have rightfully copyright claimed it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 24 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2016 - 22:04

Real talk: I would probably play that... that is brazen though, man alive. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 24 EmptyWed 10 Aug 2016 - 17:46

Am I the only one who thinks that certain games can only be played at certain times of the year? I want to make a start of Professor Layton & The Azran Legacy, but that's a games series that's always best played in the autumn, when the nights draw in. I know that it sounds weird, but could you, for example, imagine playing Super Mario Sunshine at any time other than in summer? I'd struggle to.

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 24 EmptyWed 10 Aug 2016 - 17:49

It's something I get a bit with Assassin's Creed & CoD, but I think that's more just a release date thing as opposed to being anything to do with the game itself. Layton to me has always been a new yeary thing as I'd always get it for Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next