We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~

Go down 
+15
oldschool
Admin
Treesmurf
shanks
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
masofdas
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Athrun888
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 25 EmptyWed 10 Aug 2016 - 18:43

I can definitely get that. I've barely played anything over the summer, other than Monster Hunter or games like Pokken that I can dip into. It doesn't feel right to sit down and sink into something for hours at a time when I could go read on the grass outside.

There are also games that feel very Christmassy, and should be played as such.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 25 EmptyWed 10 Aug 2016 - 19:00

Not for me I'm afraid. Unlike Drunka, I'm used to being so antisocial that it doesn't matter to me whether or not the sun is out. (I am recovering slowly now, fifteen years later.) And unlike most other people I'd guess, I shut out the entire world when gaming. If I'm playing Mario Sunshine in winter, it's summer for me.

Certain games are associated with certain seasons (usually Christmas) because and only because that's when I got them originally. Won't stop me playing Pokémon in summer though.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 25 EmptyWed 10 Aug 2016 - 19:27

Agree with the autumn/winter Layton playing and Inazuma Eleven is a summer game (though it looks like the next IE GO game will be released towards the end of the year - go figure). Can't think of any more off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 25 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 11:43

Steep is a snowboarding game coming out in December, which fits the whole play a game at a certain time, based on its setting.

A thought about Pokemon S&M as we've been getting trailers of the game which include new Mon, we've talked about some of them in the thread and we've been using the spoiler tag etc

But when is a spoiler a spoiler and not as Nintendo or Pokemon Company are putting out these trailers to get us hyped for the game and us to preorder the game, so are they spoilers? As how else do you market the game, especially something like Pokemon?

And I guess as were talking about spoilers when can you spoil something in something as thinking about Jay with Okami and Balla now with the PS3 games, both have missed these games which can be up to 10+ years old, is there a cut off or can I still not say after 19 years something happens to someone in FFVII for instance.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 25 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 11:54

Spoilers are a bit of a nightmare thing, especially as trailers, particularly for films, seem to give more and more away. The only thing you can really do is try not to be a dick about it, check that somebody is up to date with something or doesn't care before blurting it out, mark spoiler boxes well. I don't like the idea of a cut off point for them as big twists could lose some of their effect if you know they're coming, but I also hate it when people are scared to talk about them at all, especially on podcasts *cough* Inside *cough*.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 25 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 13:50

Spoilers are super personal, so you just need to be aware who you're talking to, what their angle is and try not to be a dick.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 25 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 15:29

I think there can be a statute of limitations on spoilers after about ten years or so, but I'd draw a line under prerelease spoilers, absolutely. I'm actively avoiding any of the Pokémon trailers since they've started chatting about Aloha forms and whatnot. I want to be surprised by what I run into, and avoid myself saying "aw, this is the one they showed in trailer #3".
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 25 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 15:43

Ten years sounds good, however I loathe the current trailer practice of showing everything of a game, especially of Pokémon. The old Pokémon games were great because they were all about discovery. Does... does Game Freak not like discovery any more? Aww!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 25 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 15:46

It's just the trailer culture now - Batman vs. Superman's trailer was a particularly bad offender in that it showed the secret big bad of the film (I think. I've not seen it, mind.) as well as showing off Wonder Woman.

Rule of thumb, watch as much as it takes to get you invested. If you need to see more 'Mon or more of something in general, then fair play. I'm not in that bracket though, so spoiler boxes are a godsend on the good ship GNamer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 25 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 15:48

Well the trailer culture now is bad and it should feel bad.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 25 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 18:27

Trailer culture can do one.
Also, people who get all defensive when other people complain about spoilers. Just don't be dicks, think about other people.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 25 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 19:07

Bollocks to trailer culture, unless it's those character trailers for Super Smash Bros for Wii U - those were quality.

Prerelease spoilers is one of my very most hated things about gaming. Those fannies who couldn't wait to ruin the unlockable characters in the last Smash games are just arsepieces of the highest order. There's no need.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 25 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 19:32

It's case-by-case for me - if it's going to ruin the thing if revealed and isn't super well-known (Aeris was a ghost all along on his sled), I'll try and keep it to myself. You should cater to the spoilerphobes as well as possible, as I've said in the very recent past somewhere else on the forum. I've even kept things back on reviews for Gintendo that I know have been mentioned fairly casually in other reviews. Meh
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 25 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 19:50

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Bollocks to trailer culture, unless it's those character trailers for Super Smash Bros for Wii U - those were quality.

Prerelease spoilers is one of my very most hated things about gaming. Those fannies who couldn't wait to ruin the unlockable characters in the last Smash games are just arsepieces of the highest order. There's no need.

Agreed with everything said here. Once again The 'Kid delivers my own thoughts better, albeit ruder, than I could. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 25 EmptyThu 25 Aug 2016 - 22:39

I agree with yous twos there; but, as I've got a backlog of pop-culture, I just assume that anything I'm interested in is going to be spoilt at some time anyway. *plods off slowly*
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 25 EmptySun 11 Sep 2016 - 22:22

It's been a year to the day that Super Mario Maker came out, and it's the last truly great Wii U game to date. Sad
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 25 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2016 - 6:56

Winky Face Your Mira-age may vary, of course. Regardless, it's impossible to disagree that the console's death throes have been long, drawn out, and very sad.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 25 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2016 - 6:59

Whilst I liked Star Fox Zero and Pokken Tournament, it's hard to argue that either is truly great. It's also very sad that all we have to pin our hopes on for the rest of the year, barring an unannounced miracle, is Paper Mario: Colour Splash. Breath Of The Wild the last hurrah - then the Wii U can rest. Aww!
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 25 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2016 - 10:39

It’s reminiscent of the Gamecube’s final year, with a huge gap between Chibi-Robo (which I think was May 2006) and the Wii’s launch. A good six month period of nothing. It feels like Nintendo have released that second batch of Nintendo Selects titles to disguise the hole between Mario/Sonic at the Olympics and Paper Mario, but the Xmas gap seems even more noticeable. A little surprised they didn’t release a Pokken Tournament title near Christmas to capitalise on Pokemon, although trying to sell Wii-U’s at this stage is largely pointless.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 25 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2016 - 11:57

Pokken was a banger and I'll not here a word against it. Pikachu Libre for life!
Pokken Tournament has replaced Splatoon as the game I play in the neutral times of my existence.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 25 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2016 - 12:43

Laughing Neutral times of existance has made me laugh far more than it should've done Applause
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 25 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2016 - 13:00

I chucked that in there for you, bud. I'm gonna be using it forever I think. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 25 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2016 - 18:50

gjones wrote:
It’s reminiscent of the Gamecube’s final year, with a huge gap between Chibi-Robo (which I think was May 2006) and the Wii’s launch. A good six month period of nothing. It feels like Nintendo have released that second batch of Nintendo Selects titles to disguise the hole between Mario/Sonic at the Olympics and Paper Mario, but the Xmas gap seems even more noticeable. A little surprised they didn’t release a Pokken Tournament title near Christmas to capitalise on Pokemon, although trying to sell Wii-U’s at this stage is largely pointless.

Only thing with that is the Cube had a huge library of games compared to the Wii U has to fall back on but wasn't the Wii sort of the same with Super Mario All-Stars being like the last thing from Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 25 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2016 - 20:09

masofdas wrote:
gjones wrote:

Only thing with that is the Cube had a huge library of games compared to the Wii U has to fall back on but wasn't the Wii sort of the same with Super Mario All-Stars being like the last thing from Nintendo.  

I think Pandora's Tower was one of the last ones for Wii. Kirby's Adventure was pretty late too - they wheel Kirby out when a system is finishing usually!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 25 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2016 - 20:11

And they couldn't even be bothered with a proper Kirby for the Wii U (Rainbow was a half-price downloadable if I remember correctly). Says it all...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next