We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style

Go down 
+25
Balladeer
Rum
gjones
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Muss
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
Buskalilly
Gogoata
2grundies
Fancy Fancy
fronkhead
Dusty Knackers
Kezz182
mandlecreed
SuperPaperLink
masofdas
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Silver light
Admin
shanks
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 12 EmptySun 2 Jul 2017 - 22:27

Seen loads say how hard it is and joked about it being as hard the Souls games.

I've only played some of Crash 1 which was always the hardest but I remember finishing it, I think personally games have gotten easier and we inherently have gotten worse at games.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 12 EmptySun 2 Jul 2017 - 22:32

Earlier tonight I recommended it to my mate as a birthday present for his seven year old son. I've just taken that back cause it would give him an absolute arse kicking, and recommended Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 on the PSone instead. A quality game Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 12 EmptySun 2 Jul 2017 - 22:50

masofdas wrote:

I've only played some of Crash 1 which was always the hardest but I remember finishing it, I think personally games have gotten easier and we inherently have gotten worse at games.

Speak for yourself as I'm excellent at them videosgames. Razz
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 12 EmptySun 2 Jul 2017 - 22:58

Well at the moment I'm not having trouble with Crash but I do honestly think if we all went back to play Ninja Gaiden on NES, we would struggle.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 12 EmptySun 2 Jul 2017 - 22:59

masofdas wrote:

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 12 No

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Earlier tonight I recommended it to my mate as a birthday present for his seven year old son. I've just taken that back cause it would give him an absolute arse kicking, and recommended Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 on the PSone instead. A quality game Thumbs Up!

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 12 200_s
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 12 EmptySun 2 Jul 2017 - 23:02

Why No though Muss? If games for the most part have gotten easier surely we've got worse or at least not better.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 12 EmptySun 2 Jul 2017 - 23:38

Define being "better" or "worse" at games. If being "good" at games means completing them, then the easier the games are the better I am at games.  Winky Face

Regardless, you've just stated that games are easier now than they were (in some undefined period of time), not proven. More recently released games tend to have difficulty modes (RPGs often didn't whereas Tyranny has easy to hardcore difficulties, etc), how does that factor into your sweeping statement? Were older RPGs easier because they had infinite random encounters to grind through? Again, Tyranny doesn't, presumably making it harder on the really hard modes.

Your taste has also undoubtedly changed, how has that impacted your statement - do you just prefer "easier" games? Many games derive their difficulty from other players in an online environment, how does this factor into your statement? Go back far enough, and a much higher proportion of games are score attack based (Pac-Man, Galaga) how does this impact your statement? How do you compare the difficulty of Fifa 99 to Fifa 2017 - if the offline AI of FIFA 17 was insane, would that many people really care - perhaps a better question is, how relevant is the offline difficulty of FIFA to FIFA fans compared to older FIFAs, and how many FIFA players define its difficulty based off of it or the online user base?

What is the, related, definition of completing a game? Is it limited to the story, achievements, some 100% label a developer puts in the games menus? How do these factor into your statement - especially considering some Mortal Kombat achievements require a player to become rank 1 in the world.

How do you complete, or prove you're better or worse, at Pac-Man or Overwatch? Your score/rank? Pac-Man lacked online, but everyone played the same levels and the challenge was essentially, have fun and, if you want to try, beat your mates score. Overwatch and other online only competitive games, are an evolution of that concept, except the leaderboard (rank) is global. You can't define one as harder or easier than the other because their concept behind the competition isn't just, you against the game. It's you against your mates (and online vermin).

What's the average age of a videogames player? How does that impact the average skill of a player? I couldn't do shit on Digimon World back in the day, but I highjacked Drunka's telly and damn near beat it in one sitting (in front of his family Laughing ) - But that question is bigger than me, today all demographics are into games, from mobile to PC, how has that changed whatever the average gamer even is?

Basically, what you've just claimed has a lot more variables than you might have considered when making that claim and if you want to answer those questions you should probably start a different thread or write a gintendo article.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 12 EmptyMon 3 Jul 2017 - 21:07

Played some Lawbreakers BETA from Cliffy B (who liked a tweet of mine), odd to play a game like this in a post-Overwatch world. Lawbreakers is different and more a kine to Unreal Tournament but with characters who have personalties, abilities etc but that and a loot system and looking at the skins ones called Idol and is DVA's colours down to a T.

It is fun and chaotic though.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 12 EmptyMon 17 Jul 2017 - 15:24

So I'm in the third Palace in Persona 5 right now and I feel compelled to throw some theories and connections I think I've figured out into the ether that is the internet.  So here goes!  

Spoilers up to Palace 3 and theory spoilers:

Also don't hint anything, and I mean anything, I'm like a sniffer dog once I get hints even if they appear out of context.  Just posting this so people can either snigger at how far off I am or bask in the light of my predictive brilliance. Plus I like theorising, it's half the fun with games like this (and epic fantasy books).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 12 EmptyMon 31 Jul 2017 - 18:29

I started Pyre last night, it's Oregon Trail X with fantasy (as in elves) basketball with a wonderful art-style, it could be the second best game of the year so far that I've played.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 12 EmptyTue 1 Aug 2017 - 21:41

Wild Guns Reloaded, which is a remaster of an old retro cowboy shooter SNES game by Natsume. It's like Sin & Punishment before Sin & Punishment was a thing, and I bloody love the arse off it. It might be the hardest game I've ever played though - even on Easy Mode, it just rips the pish. Just as well as it's massively good fun, and on a big discount too. WORTH £7!
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 12 EmptyThu 17 Aug 2017 - 22:02

I'm currently hooked on The Division. It's essentially Rainbow Six RPG in a dense open-world. Lots of side missions and activities to do which can be repetitive (kill these guys to free the hostages, kill these guys to unlock this safe house...) but it never gets boring. That's due to the satisfying gunplay, NO LOADING TIMES, and the fact you can play through missions with up to 3 other people. It's the first game I've played this generation that has wowed me and that's mostly because of the NO LOADING TIMES and the photo-realistic world. It's a seamless experience and one I recommend if you ever enjoyed a Tom Clancy game.

I also started The Last of Us, because there was an 8GB update to The Division, and boy, The Last of Us is mind-blowing. I got sucked in to that world immediately and I think I'm going to fall in love with it, especially as a father of two girls. The stealth gameplay isn't bad either.
Back to top Go down
ZeroSuitSamus2
Grackler Bait
ZeroSuitSamus2

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 12 EmptyThu 5 Oct 2017 - 19:44

On PS4 at the moment I'm playing Atelier Firis and Destiny 2 and on Vita I'm playing Collar x Malice. Really enjoying all of them, especially Collar x Malice which I think is my favorite Otome visual novel on Vita so far Smile
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 12 EmptyThu 5 Oct 2017 - 20:01

I woulnd't mind some visual novels on Switch, be great on the go.
Back to top Go down
ZeroSuitSamus2
Grackler Bait
ZeroSuitSamus2

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 12 EmptyThu 5 Oct 2017 - 20:35

Yeah definitely! Visual novels are one of my favourite genres. Vita has been great for them this year Smile
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 12 EmptyThu 5 Oct 2017 - 20:41

They still make games for vita? Shocked  Razz  (Hi, Jess. Wave )

----

I now have an SPFL option file for PES 2018 so that'll be me playing that for hours on end everyday for the next year or so.

MON THE HOOPS!
Back to top Go down
ZeroSuitSamus2
Grackler Bait
ZeroSuitSamus2

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 12 EmptyThu 5 Oct 2017 - 21:50

Shush you :p
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 12 EmptyThu 5 Oct 2017 - 22:07

:joker:
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 12 EmptyThu 5 Oct 2017 - 22:37

Jaster... the... jester? Eh?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 12 EmptyFri 6 Oct 2017 - 15:45

Occasionally I have been known to be quite funny. :joker:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 12 EmptyFri 6 Oct 2017 - 23:08

masofdas wrote:
I woulnd't mind some visual novels on Switch, be great on the go.

I'd be all over that. Especially if it was set in a courtroom with a certain blue-suited lawyer...
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 12 EmptyWed 6 Dec 2017 - 14:06

I've finally got around to playing DOOM. It's really good. I'm not particularly good at exploration so I've got plenty to replay once I've finished the main campaign - and it will be worth replaying because it is chock full of fast paced shooty fun. Not sure if anyone who still has a copy of this on the ps4 will be up for any multiplayer, but I'm up for giving it a little go.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 12 EmptyWed 6 Dec 2017 - 14:16

I picked it up on PS4 instead of Switch, so I'm around if you do want a game or two.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 12 EmptyWed 6 Dec 2017 - 18:28

Jas has it on PS4 I believe, and wanted to give MP a go. Yer man Andy has some words about the Doom multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 12 EmptyThu 7 Dec 2017 - 11:23

I do but I got annoyed by it's massive and constant MP updates so I currently don't have it installed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style
Page 12 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next