We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style

Go down 
+25
Balladeer
Rum
gjones
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Muss
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
Buskalilly
Gogoata
2grundies
Fancy Fancy
fronkhead
Dusty Knackers
Kezz182
mandlecreed
SuperPaperLink
masofdas
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Silver light
Admin
shanks
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 13 EmptyThu 7 Dec 2017 - 15:59

Yeah, after i put the disc in for the first time it greeted me with a 30Gb update DAMN YOU!

Hopefully it has calmed down on the update front now that the game is older.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 13 EmptyThu 7 Dec 2017 - 17:03

I'll give you a shout if I ever install it again though I have been meaning to pick up the Switch version but that'll be just for the single player.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 13 EmptyFri 12 Jan 2018 - 21:49

Started Yakuza 0, only played maybe an hour of it but I can really see me enjoying it. I can also certainly see the comparisons to it & Shenmue and why it has been called the spiritual successor.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 13 EmptyTue 16 Jan 2018 - 1:33

Look, it's Rum Rapture! Occasionally sighted on social media channels by some forumites, and rarely seen on GNamer ground. A hallowed sight.

I've just beaten Okami HD, and I can say that having revisited it after playing through the Wii version many years ago, it has aged really well and is still one of my favourite games ever. The only stinker I can think of is that a couple of minigames are bum (there's an annoying digging one you have to do a couple of times), but otherwise it's just such a well-woven yarn. Love it long time.

I've recently gotten hooked on Stardew Valley, having bought it for something like £6 on the PS Store (along with Transistor and Grim Fandango Remastered - for all three I think it cost me £11.08). I never got along with the one Harvest Moon game I had (A Wonderful Life on Gamecube) but for some reason Stardew has sunk its claws into me and I don't quite know how it's done it. The slow-pace-that-actually-isn't-that-slow-because-you-don't-have-much-time-to-get-shit-done-each-day mechanic might be the key. I'm nearing the end of my first season and I feel like I've achieved shit all, but that I might get somewhere soon...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 13 EmptyWed 17 Jan 2018 - 15:48

Alright there! Long time no see, squire. Grin

Stardew Valley is on my "to buy" list on Switch. I've never properly dived deeply into a relaxing game like that but it's receiving tremendous praise and it's barely been out of the top five best-sellers on Switch since launch. Your point about it not being as slow as first seems is an interesting one - is there more pressure on you to accomplish certain tasks rather than a lazy traipse around a farm, then?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 13 EmptyThu 18 Jan 2018 - 12:49

I would say it's probably a better fit on Switch, mainly because I can't see the tiny text in the inventory on the big screen, but a) I don't have a Switch and b) it was half price, so oh well!

It's not particularly that there's any active pressure on you to achieve certain tasks, but each "season" is only 28 days and time passes quickly, so you want to have a vague idea of what you want to achieve each day before going into it because there are a lot of things you can focus on and they're spread out around the map (walking around aimlessly takes up a lot of time you could be using more productively). Otherwise you just end up achieving very little and potentially won't be able to complete some tasks until next "year". Though you won't be punished for it. I haven't really gotten the hang of using my time properly, and of how to make the most money in order to improve and expand my farm - I feel like I could be being much more efficient.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 13 EmptySun 11 Feb 2018 - 19:44

I started up Shadow of the Colossus earlier, obvious very early days (I've beaten 4 colossi) but I'm not seeing how this is labelled as a classic so far.........slow burner maybe?  

The controls feel a bit weird in that at certain points I don't feel like I'm in full control of my movements, so I'm left watching animations play out and there's nothing I can do to correct what I'm seeing which is just frustrating. Visually it looks amazing though and I've dipped into the photo mode a few times and messed about with different angles for 5 to 10 minutes.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 13 EmptySun 11 Feb 2018 - 20:26

As someone who's beaten the game on PS2 and puts it in my Top 25 games of all time along with saying it's the best PS2 game, I'm loving this remake where I'm about to take on the 7th Colossi.

If you think the controls are weird, trying playing on classic as that's weird (the major problem with last Guardian).

I'm playing on the PS4 Pro and SotC looks fantastic but as I can play with all the settings and can turn it all off that it looks like I'm playing on a regular PS4, if they're was every argument over the importance of HDR over anything it's this game as looks completely different.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 13 EmptyMon 12 Feb 2018 - 18:42

It's not so much what each button on the controls do as they all make sense, it's tough to explain fully but most of the time I don't feel like I'm actually playing a game.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 13 EmptyMon 12 Feb 2018 - 21:42

I'm 10 Colossi in and I'm not wowed by it, there's some great moments in there and I can understand people looking back on it fondly because of those but there's very little to the actual game. Once I've figured out a way to the weak spot then I just find myself doing an attack, holding R2 whilst it thrashes about a bit and then releasing to get a bit of stamina back before I rinse and repeat (this is all on the hardest available difficulty).

By no means a bad game and enjoyable at time but some moments including the dodgy controls let it down from ever being great.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 13 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2018 - 23:48

Shadow of the Colossus is a tricky one to judge when you're part way through it because it's definitely best looked back on as a whole experience. As an actual game the controls do indeed limit it there, but there's more to the experience than that. I'm interested to hear both your opinions once you've wrapped up your time with the game.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 13 EmptyThu 15 Feb 2018 - 0:50

Just posted my thoughts in the games I haven't finished thread. Can't put myself through it anymore, in short it feels lifeless and when you're not struggling to get your character to move where you want you're going through the motions. Some very fun moments in there but they're so infrequent I couldn't possibly ever recommend this to anyone.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 13 EmptyMon 5 Mar 2018 - 23:15

I just finished it myself and I just don't get the issues you guys have had. I think I enjoyed it more this time than the first.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 13 EmptyTue 6 Mar 2018 - 5:38

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I just finished it myself and I just don't get the issues you guys have had. I think I enjoyed it more this time than the first.

You feeling okay as if I had to put money on someone not liking it, it would have been you.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 13 EmptyTue 6 Mar 2018 - 17:07

It's the perfect game for Andy though as it'just objective after objective.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 13 EmptyTue 6 Mar 2018 - 21:28

I think if you're fine with the controls (I think Andy got on alright with The Last Guardian if I remember rightly, so he should have been alright here) you'll enjoy the game for the cracking experience that it is.

Don't get me wrong - there are some right stinkers in the list of Colossi, particularly the smaller ones but I've really fond memories of this and I'm confident it'd hold up in my book. I might buy the remaster to affirm that opinion.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 13 EmptyTue 6 Mar 2018 - 22:21

Aye that's fair, I'm just more into "gamey" games overall and the story didn't massively impress me either but that might be down to me guessing correctly what was going on just 2 or 3 Colossi in & on the topic of the Colossi I only really enjoyed 2 of them which are: the big bird that swoops down at you across the lake & the flying bug thing you have to shoot arrows at those were quite cool.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 13 EmptyMon 19 Mar 2018 - 17:19

I started the Ratchet & Clank remaster yesterday, having never played the original nor any game in the series: I'm hooked. It's a very nice 3D platformer bursting with personality, from the great voice acting to the wonderfully diverse and vibrant colour-palette coating a variety of fantastically crafted environments. Any quibbles I have at the moment are so minor that I can't see how anyone could dislike this game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 13 EmptyMon 19 Mar 2018 - 18:02

It's on my list of many many games to get back to and heard it's stunning in 4K as well.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 13 EmptyTue 20 Mar 2018 - 21:38

I'm looking forward to starting it - I was surprised how much I enjoyed Jak and Daxter, so it'll be nice to clear up one of the other X and Y platform adventures. I would never have bought it, mind, hypocrite that I am.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 13 EmptySat 24 Mar 2018 - 10:13

They've done a brilliant job with that remaster, if it wasn't on PlayStation Plus I'd have recommended it to anyone with a PS4 anyway.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 13 EmptySun 25 Mar 2018 - 10:44

Cool. I keep forgetting I have this; Mario has to be finished first, but I'm looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 13 EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018 - 17:39

I've been sinking a lot of time in to Just Cause 3 - massively underrated game. If you love destroying environments and being rewarded with constant stats (you liberated 1 of 10 villages, now liberate 943653 more) it's very addictive. The size of the islands is impressive although there is a LOT of jungle/forest with little to explore, but the generous weaponry, insane logic of hiding until the army leave you alone, and the playful sandbox that the Spiderman wire thing allow for, make it worth anybody's time.

Recommend it, particularly as it's cheap.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 13 EmptyMon 2 Apr 2018 - 10:24

The Lady's finally got around to playing Danganronpa on a borrowed Vita, and I'm watching over her shoulder.

Dear God some of those voices are utter dross.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 13 EmptyTue 3 Apr 2018 - 21:59

I don't remember the first game in the series particularly well... who's the worst offenders? And wait... haven't you seen Danganronpa 3?

As for the Ratchet and Clank chat, I wouldn't go as far as calling it a remaster - it's more akin to a reboot using the levels and settings as inspiration. It plays totally differently to the PS2 original. I love that whole series to bits and they did an awesome job with the most recent one. Grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style
Page 13 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next