We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer Major Writes Site

Go down 
+16
Fastpie
Crumpy Andy
oldschool
Dead Lemon
gjones
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
Sylveon
Jimbob
masofdas
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Admin
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 10 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015 - 5:49

A question for all. I am about to put up my first post on Gintendo, and I sent mine to Balladeer for a quick check to see if he had any suggestions. Do you think it is a worthwhile idea to have a group of members who are happy to receive articles for a quick check for errors, or to make some suggestions about structure or observe some structural issues?

I for one would volunteer, as my English Writing skills are decent. I got invaluable advice and things to think about before completing my article. It isn't about disagreeing or rewriting it, as the content or message isn't up for discussion, but how it is presented and being helpful as a second pair of eyes. Anyone agree or disagree it might be helpful?
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 10 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015 - 7:10

Something like that would be worthwhile; personally, for example, I'm a half - decent writer with a good eye for spelling and grammar but my own stuff is absolutely laden with typos. Mostly this is because I GName on my phone but also because I rush, so a second glance would do my stuff good.

On the other hand, for minor spelling and grammar stuff, as we discussed earlier we're all pretty happy for that to be adjusted as we go.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 10 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015 - 10:34

I think it's great, I nearly sent the interview to you OldSchool to give a check over and I'm going to review yes review Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae which I wouldn't mind someone going over before it goes up once I've wrote it of course.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 10 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015 - 10:38

Maybe we just email things to the Gintendo email account, then another writer can anonymously check it over and upload it. It would also add an amusing layer of everybody writing each other's synopses.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 10 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015 - 10:54

Not sure on that as how do you know what images I want to use etc.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 10 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015 - 11:07

The "editor" could just upload the article as a draft, and then the original author can add pictures and then publish it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 10 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015 - 11:07

masofdas wrote:
I think it's great, I nearly sent the interview to you OldSchool to give a check over and I'm going to review yes review Final Fantasy XV Episode Duscae which I wouldn't mind someone going over before it goes up once I've wrote it of course.  

I am happy to look over anything you or anyone wants to send me.  I will just send it back with a few notes that you can take or leave - it is your work after all.

Edit: for those comments above me, my view is to send it back to the writer, as any changes should be finalised by them. I think it is wrong to make changes to someone else's work. At best, a new draft with some notes is all I was thinking about.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 10 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015 - 11:26

I'm going to have to be rubbish and shuffle out of doing this, I'm afraid. I probably won't be contributing to the site for a while myself either - exams and that. Aww!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 10 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015 - 12:18

Jay's posted what I was going to suggest: if we leave articles in there as drafts for someone else to check over and publish, perhaps with some sort of indication that it's publication-ready, then we can all chip in with checking. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 10 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015 - 12:47

I prefer OldSchools idea of send it which I've done with FFXV then it get sent back for the person to do what they want with it be in the changes or not.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 10 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015 - 13:02

But it's the same idea...? It's just using the site as the middle-man as opposed to email or PMs.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 10 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015 - 13:07

But how do we know anyone will check it though if it goes on the site as draft ir could be there a while in till it's checked at least I know OldSchool will see see my message to him a t some-point.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 10 EmptyMon 23 Mar 2015 - 16:13

It's difficult to send, receive and deal with it if you're on the Internet on a smartphone, though. If we use the site for drafts, everyone who's involved could access them and make any changes that might be needed. If it helps, maybe we could put something like 'Checked by [whoever]' and leave it in draft form until the original author can check it over?
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 10 EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015 - 5:58

Whatever way you think it will work best, I am happy to go with. The only problem I see is that to help, I have to go looking for it, and being lazy at times, I will probably forget to check. I got Mas' on PM and sent it straight back. I found that easy from my perspective.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 10 EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015 - 12:54

With help from OldSchool my review of FFXV Episode Dusace is up, it is more of a preview of what is to come from FFXV but people are buying Type-0 or codes of eBay just for the demo like they did for MGS2 with Z.O.E but unlike that but more like Ground Zeroes it is it's own entity. That I decide to put in the review section instead of doing a whole new preview section which we might need in the future when Jay puts up some of his things.

The second interview is also up and Drunka put up a good piece about Dark Soul's as well last night
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 10 EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015 - 14:23

That's a great piece on Dark Souls, Buska & as Andre of Astora says: Neither of us want to see you go hollow.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 10 EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015 - 14:47

Good write-up on Dark Souls, Drunka. A particularly poignant end to the article too - clever of you to tie it into the game's story. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 10 EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015 - 16:56

Let it be known: Drunka is a fab writer. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 10 EmptyTue 24 Mar 2015 - 20:45

Thanks for the kind words guys! I'm really getting into this. I also foolishly went and posted in the souls thread before coming and reading your comments here.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 10 EmptySun 5 Apr 2015 - 12:35

Balladeer wrote:
I probably won't be contributing to the site for a while myself either - exams and that. Aww!

Testicles to that, apparently! N64 games that haven't been superseded yet.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 10 EmptySun 5 Apr 2015 - 12:44

Just want to say that your Lylat Wars caption is sublime. Thumbs Up! Caption writing seems to be becoming a lost art in the Internet age. This is a huge shame as, not gonna lie, it's my favourite part of writing reviews. Grin

The rest of the article is pretty sharp, too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 10 EmptySun 5 Apr 2015 - 12:59

Not sure why Project Guard is brought up in the Star Fox bit but agree most of them haven't been surpassed for reasons but some of those I don't really care about like the battle mode in MK64 but last time I played it & double dash which wasn't to long along both are still fun to play.

Also from those screenshots most of those games look fine to me, like I said I've played MK64 fairly recently with 3 others and had fun but then I would say we all grew up during the 5th gen era that we might have rose-tinted glasses.

Also Ball checkout FreezeME
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 10 EmptySun 5 Apr 2015 - 15:10

Whilst I think Super Mario 64 has been surpassed, as detailed in its VC thread, and whilst I prefer Double Dash over 64 (even though I'm prepared to accept 64 might be the objectively better Mario Kart, I prefer Double Dash), you're bang on with the others, especially Starfox. How Nintendo pissed the bed so badly over Starfox since Lylat Wars boggles my mind.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 10 EmptySun 5 Apr 2015 - 15:25

I don't think any game has tried to do the same as SM64 (platformer-adventure, as I describe it) and done it better, at least since the N64 era - thus, even if you think other games are better, I don't think it can have been said to be "surpassed".  And I agree with you on the Mario Karts, but 64 still has the best Battle Mode.

As for why Project Guard, Mas, it's common knowledge that Shigsy has said he's fitting that and Project Giant Robot into Starfox U somehow. Meh

That game's KickStarter is pretty badly worded, but it looks good otherwise.  Think I'll gamble a fiver on it!

ZeroJones wrote:
Caption writing seems to be becoming a lost art in the Internet age. This is a huge shame as, not gonna lie, it's my favourite part of writing reviews. Grin

Agreed! Thumbs Up! One of the best parts of the NGamer family's writing.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 10 EmptySun 5 Apr 2015 - 15:31

Well he might say that but if I was a investor then they shouldn't list on there financials the Project's as there own games.

And I was watching something today about the Zelda delay which looked at what else Nintendo has coming for Wii U and showed a picture (posted by NoA) from Nintendo which has the Projects down as there own games.

Also on FreezeME as there Spanish there English might not be so good, hence the bad wording.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer Major Writes Site
Page 10 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 37  Next