We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII

Go down 
+17
Muss
gjones
oldschool
Dead Lemon
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Jimbob
fronkhead
Balladeer
Admin
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Athrun888
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 EmptyFri 23 Oct 2015 - 6:37

The_Jaster wrote:
mas wrote:
Ohh should we just say now due to how we all like Life is Strange give it the Gintendo GOTY award and hope it gets on the GOTY edition box.

....because 3 (maybe 4) of you really like it?

Only 3 or 4 of us seems to really write for Gintendo and LiS could be a game we all agree on.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 EmptyFri 23 Oct 2015 - 9:15

andyman949 wrote:
On a side note, Tales From the Borderlands ended wonderfully. A good bit of fun for anyone regardless of their feelings about Borderlands, honest.

I've been playing through this - it's the best Telltale game I've played to date. Their engine isn't as noticeably outdated, it's funny, the characters are pretty likeable, the choices seem to matter to some degree... good stuff. Definitely puts their Game of Thrones game to shame.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 EmptyFri 23 Oct 2015 - 9:54

I can't totally agree with you on that. I'm enjoying GoT to probably the same extent. The art style is crap, that's for sure but then Borderlands is way more suitable anyway. I really love the fact the GoT actually makes me role play - something that I really struggle with and I play as "myself" in every game, even in things like Life is Strange which actually have a character to play as.

GoT really makes some impact every time I make a decision, Borderlands tended to just make me laugh depending on what I chose. I've got a lot of time for both styles.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 EmptyFri 23 Oct 2015 - 11:03

I've been the opposite - I've found it easier to "get into character" with TFTB. Thrones has me resenting most of the characters (besides Asher) and feeling like the decision I make are ultimately meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Maybe that's the point considering the story of the game, but it doesn't make for a very fun adventure game. Plus, I've had a worrying amount of technical issues with Thrones. TellTale desperately need a new engine.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 EmptyFri 23 Oct 2015 - 15:34

TFTB pretty much just became me trying to push Rhys and Fiona together instead of Sasha as the game clearly wanted Laughing That was pretty much all of my emotional investment in it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 EmptyFri 23 Oct 2015 - 18:42

To each their own! I've really taken to it.

TFTB Spoilers up to Ep. 4 and Game of Thrones Ep. 5:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 EmptyFri 23 Oct 2015 - 18:51

If Andy plays as himself (LiS):

I like the pastel type style of GoT, I've also done TFTB which was good but I still think Wolf Among Us is the best game from TellTale
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 EmptyFri 23 Oct 2015 - 19:12

LiS:

GoT:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 EmptyFri 23 Oct 2015 - 21:35

andyman949 wrote:

GoT:

GoT:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 EmptySat 24 Oct 2015 - 7:51

masofdas wrote:
give it the Gintendo GOTY award and hope it gets on the GOTY edition box.

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 EmptySun 25 Oct 2015 - 13:47

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 Halo5_KeyArt_Horiz_Final1

I got the game yesterday morning and after a 45 min install (stupid XBONE), I started it to find at the moment you have to play offline to be able to play the single player, by the time I done all that I got to play it mid afternoon.

Now after a good 5 hrs yesterday and 2hrs today the Single Player is done, at that's my main gripe with it just how short the "biggest" Halo single player is but I can see people getting a lot of replay value out of the SP if they play in the different difficulties, look for skulls, intel to achievements long with the biggest thing.

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 OD47TAq

CO-OP as online isn't up, I had to play by myself as either Locke or Master Chief depending on the mission with there team of 3 other Spartans. In SP you can give them orders like take out this enemy, take that vehicle just don't let them drive.

Which was fine and didn't affect my enjoyment of the more cinematic, linear SP, but what might be for some is Master Chief's team is Blue Team, I know who Blue Team is but if your going into the game without playing any others or checking out the shows, novels etc which is unlikely as it's the 5th but hey people have played MGSV without playing the others. You might be missing out on some of the lore of the games universe.

Now it's to wait till the online goes live to checkout Warzone and Arena MP to score the overall package but the SP gets a 8 mainly for being short.

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 All-halo-5-modes-run-at-60fps-1080p-resolution-not-yet-nailed-down-486298-2
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 EmptySun 25 Oct 2015 - 14:09

Mas wrote:
Now after a good 5 hrs yesterday and 2hrs today the Single Player is done, at that's my main gripe with it just how short the "biggest" Halo single player is but I can see people getting a lot of replay value out of the SP if they play in the different difficulties, look for skulls, intel to achievements long with the biggest thing.

Now for me personally length (of a game) isn't a big deal for me but this is a big factor to why I think FPS games are either dropping SP altogether (rainbow six) or doing something different (blackops 3) entirely.

I don't expect fps games to have 30+ hours for single player but if they do have traditional campaigns then they should at least get into double figures.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 EmptySun 25 Oct 2015 - 14:16

We've talked about this on Twitter, I don't like what R6 or Star Wars are doing for my money as I want a SP for £40-50 or a discount.

Halo 5 does give value as it's got a SP, Warzone and Arena just like Black Ops III has a SP, Zombie and Multi Player.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 EmptySun 25 Oct 2015 - 14:41

7 hours? Excellent! A game I'll actually finish.

mas, as per usual, I strongly disagree with you on a fundamental level. If a game is designed for multiplayer, I don't want them to stick on a hastily-put-together single player in the same way I'm not gonna be swayed into buying a single player game if there's a last minute death match arena. I'd rather my £40 goes towards the best possible version of whatever I'm buying the game for.

With Halo in particular, it's extremely popular for both. Personally, I've always been most invested in the campaigns but this time I've got a feeling I might play a spot of Warzone so I'm gonna be very happy with the purchase.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 EmptySun 25 Oct 2015 - 14:52

But Halo like you said and COD have been able to both and more, so have other games in the past.

Yeah something like Tomb Raider (2013) tacked on MP but like you say you would of been buying that for the campaign.

Where I'm not going buy a game just for MP, no matter how good the MP was from the BETA of R6 as back to a random thought Balla put forward about Story and that's what I want from a game SP for my money.

But we have seen from other MP only games they go down in price fast (Tri Force £23 after a day out) that, I wouldn't be surprised I can pick up R6 for around £25 not long after its out.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 EmptySun 25 Oct 2015 - 14:55

Yeh but COD's single player has always been shite.

And imagine if Tomb Raider hadn't had that multiplayer but instead had, say, some actual tombs in the single player. Or Splatoon had launched without the campaign, which admittedly I really enjoyed, but with all the maps and modes and the other things which have been implemented since launch.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 EmptySun 25 Oct 2015 - 15:00

Drunkalilly wrote:
Yeh but COD's single player has always been shite.

I quite liked the COD campaigns I played. Course, I couldn't have one every year, but for a once-in-a-while junk-food style experience, they aren't bad.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 EmptySun 25 Oct 2015 - 15:01

COD's has had some decent SP over the years and this year's looks great.

It did have Tombs and was a great SP, one of the best of 2013 and we will find out how good in 2 weeks time.

Splat like you had a SP okay might not be enough for a Balla to pick it up but it still there for my money.

I value SP over anything and MP is a bonus.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 EmptySun 25 Oct 2015 - 15:03

masofdas wrote:
I value SP over anything and MP is a bonus.

Aye, I'm with you. I'm not likely to pick up Battlefront or R6S. If they were going for a bit cheaper, I'd be more inclined to do so.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 EmptySun 25 Oct 2015 - 15:09

Well if they go same as the others, we'll be able to get cheaper but then with a MP only game has everyone moved on by the time it's cheap enough.

Also Halo 5 SP is great (better then 4's), just a little short for my liking. I would of liked it be around 10-12hrs over the 15 missions for the £36 but then add the bonus of Arena & Warzone which will hopefully get a good few hours out of them.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 EmptySun 25 Oct 2015 - 20:20

From the incredibly mainstream to the incredibly niche:

Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth: Prosecutor's Path
(Gyakuten Kenji 2)

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 Hqdefault

The original AAI is infamous for its incredibly painful final battle (SPOILERS in this link for AAI, and ones you won't even understand for AAI2).  As such, a game that's fine (just fine) loses its way somewhat in the final chapter.  And that's a shame, because you need quite a bit of the background to get the most out of AAI2.

That's the problem with this game.  Yup, that's it.

Otherwise, it's brilliant.  Despite the long middle chapter, it never feels like it's letting the pace slack.  The characters are largely brilliant, with most of the bad characters falling on the right side of "ooh, I want to shake you until your breakdown falls out" (and while the final villain isn't quite JfA level, he's a damn sight better than DD's, and features a twist that's on a par with JfA's in sheer shock value).  

The writing and fan-made translation are excellent, with some laugh-out-loud pop-culture gags like the series is known for.  Takumi may not have been involved, but it knocks DD into a fedora (speaking of which, Mr. Shields, I salute you).  And the new addition of Logic Chess, while not adding anything terribly special, is enough to keep things from feeling like a retread of AAI.

I'm missing one more big problem, of course - it's not available anywhere but in Japan.  I can't see any reason that a little bit of age-fiddling couldn't fix, apart from that AAI didn't sell that well.  Maybe if it had been as good as its sequel, that wouldn't be a problem.

If you fought your way through the first game, you owe it to yourself to find out what Miles Edgeworth did before he got a frog stuck in his OBJECTION in DD.  The fanslation patch and an appropriate emulator are relatively easy to find on Google (AFTER YOU'VE LEGALLY ACQUIRED A JAPANESE COPY like what I didn't), and once you download those, you'll find a game that's up there with the best of the series.

9/10
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 EmptySun 25 Oct 2015 - 21:02

Playing games in this way always fascinates me. Does the fanslation give the characters character? Is Edgeworth's 'voice' as it normally is?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 EmptySun 25 Oct 2015 - 21:10

The fanslation is, in large parts, indistinguishable from a genuine job.  All the character's mannerisms are kept intact: new characters are given believable ones within the context of the series.  There's a couple of uses of slightly strong language ("crap", "piss off") which seem out of character; and perhaps a few more pop culture references, including one to a certain Nontendo videogame franchise, than you might expect, although these are generally so funny and well integrated that I don't care.  

The voice-acting of the new OBJECTIONs is pretty good too, with only Judge Courtney sounding a bit non-professional (although apparently they just used people in the development teams to do the original ones, so eh).  Ray Shields and a fourth-case character sound great.  And they all sound better than Edgeworth in DD!

I'm not surprised really.  There are a whole bunch of really passionate PW fans on Tumblr (most of them shipping Phoenix and Miles, admittedly...).  Get enough passion, enough time, and somebody overseeing the project who can exercise quality control, and you get a grand job done. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 EmptySun 25 Oct 2015 - 21:40

So you were playing a rom hack, balla?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 EmptySun 25 Oct 2015 - 22:14

masofdas wrote:
We've talked about this on Twitter, I don't like what R6 or Star Wars are doing for my money as I want a SP for £40-50 or a discount.

Halo 5 does give value as it's got a SP, Warzone and Arena just like Black Ops III has a SP, Zombie and Multi Player.

Just wanted to say my bit on here so I could go a bit more in depth than on twitter, I know it's a preference thing for you but if a MP only game is done right and like you said has that replay value then I honestly don't get why it should be set to a cheaper price because if you like it you will be getting so many more hours out of it than you are from a storied campaign.

Plus there is lot's people who exclusively play MP on Halo & CoD again though that's just their preference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next