We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII

Go down 
+17
Muss
gjones
oldschool
Dead Lemon
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Jimbob
fronkhead
Balladeer
Admin
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Athrun888
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 EmptySun 25 Oct 2015 - 22:23

I just feel no matter how good the MP is, it's not something I would pay £40 for and we have seen by the sales numbers of online MP only game's on console that I'm not the only not buying them.

I don't think it will affect Star Wars as it will sale because Star Wars bit R6 yep a online only shooter in December, I can see it being a price I considered worth it for a MP only game quick.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 EmptyMon 26 Oct 2015 - 0:07

I did say that I get that it's your personal preference but I've never been that fussed paying £40 - £50 for games because I only pick up stuff I know I'll enjoy which is why I find it odd when people go "That game should be cheaper because of X reason" when the same amount of time & care is put into an MP only game as it is in a SP only game.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 EmptyMon 26 Oct 2015 - 1:06

Balladeer wrote:
The fanslation is, in large parts, indistinguishable from a genuine job.

Fanslations are typically done very well - Mother 3 was impeccable. I really ought to get round to playing the Ace Attorney series, as I reckon it'd be well into it.

As for Jas and Mas's multiplayer chat, I'd personally want multiplayer only games to be priced cheaper because I'd be more inclined to pick it up then. I'm not going to pay full price for a multiplayer only game, and by the time it drops in price, most folks will have moved on from it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 EmptyMon 26 Oct 2015 - 7:50

I'm surprised Jas by you due to your situation that you would value what your getting for £40 out of a game.

But what Jay is saying, is how it should be to me and will MP only games will end up to be by the time I get to R6 maybe everyone has moved on.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 EmptyMon 26 Oct 2015 - 7:55

JayMoyles wrote:
I really ought to get round to playing the Ace Attorney series, as I reckon it'd be well into it.

You would, Jay! It's available on iOS for peanuts, although the iOS version is slightly buggy. I was late to the party, and only played it as a result of your voting thread: now I'm probably the series' biggest fan on here. Grin

masofdas wrote:
So you were playing a rom hack, balla?

Well it's a rom, and it was hacked to play the fanslation, so... I guess so?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 EmptyMon 26 Oct 2015 - 10:10

Balladeer wrote:
The fanslation is, in large parts, indistinguishable from a genuine job.

I'm not surprised really.  There are a whole bunch of really passionate PW fans on Tumblr (most of them shipping Phoenix and Miles, admittedly...).  Get enough passion, enough time, and somebody overseeing the project who can exercise quality control, and you get a grand job done. Smile

That's what I was hoping for! Grin I suppose there's no chance of Capcom employing the fans behind this translation for future AA games? Meh

And, whilst I'm here...

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 LEGO-Batman-3

This is what it's like to play LEGO Batman 3:

"Right, so I need to break through the golden barrier to continue... is that Batman's Space Suit laser, or Robin's Power Suit's bombs? Press X to switch, hold it to bring up the suit selection - no, don't switch back! Ugh. OK. Through! Smash everything, smash everything... baddies! Time to hammer Y pointlessly. Oh, I've fallen off the edge that there was no way of predicting was there." It felt shorter than previous LEGO entries and the team simply cannot cut things, to the extent that there are too many powers and folk to keep track of. I think I said this last time but it will be a long time before I stump up for another LEGO experience.

12/20

Last edited by ZeroJones on Tue 27 Oct 2015 - 8:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 EmptyMon 26 Oct 2015 - 12:45

That's a shame, I though LEGO bats was one of the good ones. Definitely my fave from the past few years.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 EmptyMon 26 Oct 2015 - 15:07

Balladeer wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
I really ought to get round to playing the Ace Attorney series, as I reckon it'd be well into it.

You would, Jay!  It's available on iOS for peanuts, although the iOS version is slightly buggy.  I was late to the party, and only played it as a result of your voting thread: now I'm probably the series' biggest fan on here. Grin

Hmm, I don't have an iOS device... Android, no? If not, I'll have to look for them on DS.

ZeroJones wrote:

That's what I was hoping for! Grin I suppose there's no chance of Capcom employing the fans behind this translation for future AA games? :meh

Yeah, I don't understand why Capcom - and Nintendo with Mother 3 - wouldn't use these fanslations. I'd imagine the fans would love to see these games have an official release. Perhaps there's a legal reason behind it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 EmptyMon 26 Oct 2015 - 15:27

Capcom did sign up the guys that did the fan version of RE2 Remake to help do the actual remake of it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 EmptyMon 26 Oct 2015 - 17:59

JayMoyles wrote:
As for Jas and Mas's multiplayer chat, I'd personally want multiplayer only games to be priced cheaper because I'd be more inclined to pick it up then. I'm not going to pay full price for a multiplayer only game, and by the time it drops in price, most folks will have moved on from it.

masofdas wrote:

But what Jay is saying, is how it should be to me and will MP only games will end up to be by the time I get to R6 maybe everyone has moved on.

Yeah that's a perfectly fair reason even if I don't agree with it & I think most MP games will always have a few dedicated players that stick by it if a sizeable group leave, for example I seen a few articles claim MGO would be done within a week yet it's userbase is still healthy almost 3 weeks later.

masofdas wrote:
I'm surprised Jas by you due to your situation that you would value what your getting for  £40 out of a game.

Like I said I'm very particular about what games I buy & most months I only end up buying one or two games.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 EmptyMon 26 Oct 2015 - 18:04

andyman949 wrote:
That's a shame, I though LEGO bats was one of the good ones. Definitely my fave from the past few years.

Before LEGO City Undercover, my favourite was LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4. The first one with a sizeable hub that made me feel part of the world. Thumbs Up!

JayMoyles wrote:
Yeah, I don't understand why Capcom - and Nintendo with Mother 3 - wouldn't use these fanslations. I'd imagine the fans would love to see these games have an official release. Perhaps there's a legal reason behind it.

Potentially - they might need translating into other European languages before they feel it's worth their while, though.

masofdas wrote:
Capcom did sign up the guys that did the fan version of RE2 Remake to help do the actual remake of it.

A step in the right direction! Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 EmptyMon 26 Oct 2015 - 21:46

JayMoyles wrote:
Hmm, I don't have an iOS device... Android, no? If not, I'll have to look for them on DS.

Only in Japan, sez Google. Aww! But if you're getting another 3DS, it's available on eShop.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 EmptyTue 27 Oct 2015 - 9:22

@Zero I've heard good things about LEGO Dimensions and the upcoming Avengers but not sure i want to pay the $700 to see everything in Dimensions.

Kinda a ransom thought but goes back to Halo 5 and me talking about SP v MP and the SP being short, now as the game is up reviews are starting to go up for the game with the game having a meta of 85 but mainly due to the MP with SP not going over to well.

I enjoyed it but I can see where all the reviews are coming from but there is this good article on forbes about scores and how maybe something like Halo 5 should have a SP score & a MP score.

But I don't think scores matter with Halo 5, it could of got 6's and will still sell maybe not as well as people like me might not of got a XBONE to play a 6.

Also today I finally get to play MP, that I will add that to my review maybe on here or on Gintendo.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 EmptyTue 27 Oct 2015 - 9:41

Surely that's a massive argument for the fact scores don't matter? If you read a review you can read that the game is good despite lacking in one area. Heck the round up things at the end of most reviews will tell you which bits are stronger/weaker.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 EmptyTue 27 Oct 2015 - 9:45

We've been talking about the scores a while back and that I'm not really fan of them, I never put them on Gintendo. I do on here as I know people do like them and isn't as formal as the site that I don't mind.

But as the article says maybe the review should be split that talk about SP with a summary then do the same for MP.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 EmptyTue 27 Oct 2015 - 14:18

I know they God is a geek review left out a score for Halo 5 because they hadn't played the MP in a proper live setting.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 EmptyWed 28 Oct 2015 - 7:58

Halo 5: Guardians
Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 H5-Guardians-Blue-Team-Back-to-Back

Picked this up yesterday morning, installed it during my lunch break then came home to play it. My original plan was to go through it on Legendary from the start, play it a little bit every evening, savour it for a week or so ...but then this happened. So I sat up until 3AM last night and played through the whole game in one sitting on normal. I guess I'll save my legendary playthrough for when I go through the series again from the start and do them all in Legendary.
Graphics: Oh my god. When you're on board a ship or in corridors, it doesn't look that distinct from previous games, as the art style is more of the same. When one gets into big open vistas and alien worlds, however, this is one of the most gorgeous games you'll ever play. 10/10
Gameplay: The action is still smashing, switching up weapons and tactics on the fly, jumping in and out of this vehicle and that vehicle... pus there's now a team to order around. They do make it a bit easier, though: it was rare anything actually killed me as after going down there's a brief spell wherein one can be revived. Definitely made for multiplayer. The level design is the most linear yet, but although there were no open maps to explore, the moment-to-moment stuff was pure Halo. 10/10
Longevity: Obviously not the longest campaign in the world, but enjoyable enough, and I already want to replay it harder and in co-op, plus I'm keen to hop into multiplayer this time. 10/10
Story: Interesting one this. I liked it. A lot of complaints online that you don't play as the Chief much, but like MGS2 I liked how that let you see the character through the eyes of the rest of the world. Besides, if it's a new trilogy, then this is the Halo 2 and Locke is the new Arbiter.
Spoilers for Halo 5 and an artiicle I'm writing:
10/10

Very enjoyable evening of entertainment.
10/10
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 EmptyWed 28 Oct 2015 - 14:30

Wolfenstein The New order

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 743433

I got this the other week for the nice price of 5 quid, I really enjoyed the shooting in this where you could go crazy and dual wield assault rifles, shotguns & even sniper rifles as well but it isn't just your no nonsense FPS game as it has a great stealth mechanic along with a perk system which allows you to play how you want.
You unlock perks from performing certain actions within chapters like stealth killing enemies, dual wield and kill 3 enemies without taking your fingers off the triggers etc. levels are well designed giving you multiple paths so you can utilise the perks effectively.

Going in I wasn't expecting much from the story but ended up being pleasantly surprised by it, the only thing that frustrated me in the entire game was the end battle where it wasn't entirely clear how you weaken the boss in the first phase & in the second the area you fight him get's more annoying the longer the fight lasts but that aside I'd still recommend this to anyone who's after a single player only FPS.

Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 EmptyThu 29 Oct 2015 - 8:17

Prune

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 Hqdefault

My first foray into Android gaming, Prune is one of those Tengami-like puzzle/relaxation tool games. You oversee the growth of a tree by lopping off branches, and have to shape it to avoid various obstacles or hit bonuses. It looks great - 'minimalistic' might be a better word - and sounds good, but can be completely cleared in an afternoon. Having said that, I reckon the £3.10 was pretty well spent.

14/20
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 EmptyFri 30 Oct 2015 - 21:49

Kirby And The Rainbow Paintbrush

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 Kirby-and-the-Rainbow-Paintbrush-review

Thinner than one of the hairs on the titular paintbrush. There are some neat ideas but it's small, even for a Kirby game. I've gone through most of it without the telly on, too, because you've got to concentrate on the touch screen.

13/20
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 EmptyWed 4 Nov 2015 - 13:14

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 Hqdefault

Amazing game. There's not a lot I can say that hasn't been said but it really is bloody good.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 EmptyWed 4 Nov 2015 - 13:25

andyman949 wrote:
Life is Strange spoilers:

Only just saw this. Yeah, it is just you mate.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 EmptyWed 4 Nov 2015 - 13:31

I made a little more peace with one of the endings since the Mid Res special, but the other one is just a big ol' middle finger.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 EmptyWed 4 Nov 2015 - 15:40

I picked the other one.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 EmptyWed 4 Nov 2015 - 17:18

I didn't think the endings were crap just the one I went for, I saw coming from the start.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII
Page 17 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next